Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mind Games  (Read 1037 times)

revenert

• One And One Is Two
Mind Games
« on: September 25, 2006, 04:40:25 PM »

Does anyone have any idea of what John's song "Mind Games" is all about? The lyrics are great, but I can't bring them all together for an overall meaning.

Re: Mind Games
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »

peace most proberly, or it is at the end anyway..also about the confusion with yoko he was having at the time, and that is sorta indicated on the album cover with yoko's face as a mountain, and john going further and further away from him..well thats a theory as to why it's like that anyway. it's not a particulary remarkable album, i think walls and bridges, POB, imagine and double fantasy come before it.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »

It's a great song, no doubt about it & I consider MG to be Imagine lite, since that's what it is lyrically.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

I agree mostly with Wayne, except the great song bit. I think after the dister of Sometime in NYC, John was deliberately trying to return to the good old days of Imagine, when his albums were well recieved and his singles sold - right down to the repeating coda and dreamy peace and love lyric. To me it's an OK album track, a sucky single, and John sounds plum out of fresh ideas.
If you really want a meaning (and I think that can be dangerous with rock songs) I reckon the line "love is the answer" pretty well sums the songs mood up.
don't follow leaders

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 42 queries.