Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul can't get arrested by the media.  (Read 2399 times)

Wayne L.

Paul can't get arrested by the media.
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:52:38 AM »

I have noticed that Paul can't get arrested these days when it comes the mainstream media in the U. S.  I have read about his divorce from his second wife from my Beatles site with the latest news.  I know it's not 66 or 76 anymore, but he is a rock legend & a former Beatle.  All I hear about in the mainstream media is Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie constantly, which is pathetic.  Macca not getting hardly any attention at all in the U. S. signals to me that times have changed in a big way.  

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: Paul can't get arrested by the media.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »

Thats usually what happens, times change. Things will never stay the same. Plus I think its good his divorce is not in the mainstream media. Who wants to be reminded everyday about a painful divorce by seeing news magazines of "Divorce" stamped on it.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 11:46:28 AM »

Not so over here in the UK - it's the biggest divorce story since Prince Charles and Diana split!! There are at least 2 front page headlines a week!

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 12:13:46 PM »

Quote from: 395
I have noticed that Paul can't get arrested these days when it comes the mainstream media in the U. S.  I have read about his divorce from his second wife from my Beatles site with the latest news.  I know it's not 66 or 76 anymore, but he is a rock legend & a former Beatle.  All I hear about in the mainstream media is Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie constantly, which is pathetic.  Macca not getting hardly any attention at all in the U. S. signals to me that times have changed in a big way.  

And what's wrong with some privacy for a change? After 40 some odd yers isn't derserved? As long as people keep buying crap they'll keep selling crap, the media I mean. I have always though that just because you like a musician's music, that does not mean you need to know every detail in their private life. When you pay X  amount of dollars for a Paul McCartney album or dvd, that does not include a front   row seat what happens in his home, albeit some (Wayne) like to think it does apparently. Wayne have ever been through a divorce ? If you had, you would know that they are one of the most painful events in life you can encounter and you would not want every body knowing "your business" and again................wrong Wayne.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:32:15 PM »

Quote from: 360
Not so over here in the UK - it's the biggest divorce story since Prince Charles and Diana split!! There are at least 2 front page headlines a week!

I didn't think about that. Man, I feel so bad for Paul. He does not deserve what hes going through. Poor guy :(

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »

Yeah, it's different in Europe.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 05:34:39 PM »

its always different in europe, look at europop. its like disco and bad 80s music combined into a hellish like sound with metrosexual guys shaking their grove things and speaking things that dont make sense while wearing really tight leather pants...but anyway, back to the topic at hand, i mean paul is like royalty over there whereas over here, no one really cares about you royal bloats :P
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 11:45:08 AM »

Quote from: 403

I didn't think about that. Man, I feel so bad for Paul. He does not deserve what hes going through. Poor guy :(

He doesn't deserve what he's going through, calling him poor guy is crazy, but marrying his soon to be ex-wife Heather was a big mistake for Paul & the mainstream media in the U. S. is basically ignoring it.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 06:52:56 PM »

come on wayne, let the man have his space. hes been in the spotlight for 40+ years and now hes going through a rough patch, just let it be. you dont need to follow everything of everyone's life. besides, hes more respected over here than those pop celebrities that are being covered, so maybe the press just decided to give the man some hard-earned respect.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 01:50:20 AM »

I think Paul gets pretty good coverage.  Ringo's the one who can't get arrested.  He's done solid albums and his touring bands are always interesting.  

Plus I listened to "Honey Don't" today and thought, "Pretty damn good voice for the drummer of a three vocalist band."   "Rock on, George, one time for Ringo!"

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 04:38:35 PM »

Quote from: 9
I think Paul gets pretty good coverage.  Ringo's the one who can't get arrested.  He's done solid albums and his touring bands are always interesting.  

Plus I listened to "Honey Don't" today and thought, "Pretty damn good voice for the drummer of a three vocalist band."   "Rock on, George, one time for Ringo!"

I agree with you 100% about Ringo not getting any coverage during his latest All Starr Band tour & it seems like he can't get arrested at all by the U. S. media.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »

Paul's on the front of 'culture' a magazine we get every week over in england as part of the sunday times..it's about his new album..anyone thinking of buying it? i think i will. :)

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 02:17:35 AM »

Ya know Wayne answeres everybody but me in in his mindless post's, I feel cheated :'(. Wayne do you have the ignore feature used on my replies........ :DLOL
Like I care ::)

Wayne L.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »

Quote from: 305
Ya know Wayne answeres everybody but me in in his mindless post's, I feel cheated :'(. Wayne do you have the ignore feature used on my replies........ :DLOL
Like I care ::)

No.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »

I am honored.......I think :-/

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 04:12:38 PM »

was that a yes or no question? hmm, be thinks he doth...act stupid too much

Wayne L.

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:49 PM »

I did see some coverage of Paul in the U. S. media yesterday about the party his daughter Stella & her husband through for him with his other daughter Mary in attendence.  It's not like it used to be sadly & never will again until his death & I think most Beatles fans know that anyway.  It was great seeing the mainstream media instead of just my favorite Beatles news site with the latest news on any former Beatle just like with the Cirque event a few months ago.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 71 queries.