Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatle Songs In The Work Place?  (Read 2331 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Beatle Songs In The Work Place?
« on: September 29, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »

We work in a clothing store and have the opportunity to play any music within reason(good taste). I have played numerous "Beatle" cds! Does anyone else play the Beatles in their work place?????? :-/

Rising Starr

• A Beginning
    • alison johnson
Re: Beatle Songs In The Work Place?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 07:42:23 PM »

I :o can't play Beatles songs in the workplace because I teach first grade.  But I have a picture of George Harrison on my desk.  One of the 6 year olds asked me if that was my husband.  Funny...

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:47:27 PM »

Quote from: 431
I :o can't play Beatles songs in the workplace because I teach first grade.  But I have a picture of George Harrison on my desk.  One of the 6 year olds asked me if that was my husband.  Funny...
The opportunity to educate young children about who that man on your desk is gratifying to say the least. :o

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:12:07 AM »

Quote from: 431

I teach second grade. I play Beatles music frequently. I also show them the Yellow Submarine at some point. Plus I have a Beatles shelf and a couple of Beatles calendars hanging up. All very appropriate for the litttle ones. By the end of the year my students usually know more about the Beatles then most grown ups. On the first day of school this year one parent said to me, "so I hear my daughter is going to learn all about the Beatles this year. That's great!" I thought that was pretty cool. You just have to work them into your day somehow! Make them part of the curriculum. ;D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:35:53 AM »

Wow, I wish more of my elementary students had been like you, Sandra. Maybe I would have become a Beatles fan earlier. Instead, I was preoccupied with the Spice Girls...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:34:53 AM »

I have my own office and I have a CD player there, so I can play whatever music I want.

BigMachine

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 02:48:55 AM »

Getting kids into the Beatles during the younger years is a great idea, it gets them started on good music and they keep liking classic rock later on because that's where they started.

But I can't say that about all kids, a kid on my messageboard is almost 15 and he started out with rap but is into metal and other classic rock and modern bands. Good music.
Another great forum for music fans... [glow=red]Paradise City[/glow]

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »

My son of four years old listens to Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water at the moment. Like BP I have my own office, but somehow I don't play Beatles very much there. Mostly just radio.

Rising Starr

• A Beginning
    • alison johnson
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 08:42:46 PM »

Quote from: 216

I teach second grade. I play Beatles music frequently. I also show them the Yellow Submarine at some point. Plus I have a Beatles shelf and a couple of Beatles calendars hanging up. All very appropriate for the litttle ones. By the end of the year my students usually know more about the Beatles then most grown ups. On the first day of school this year one parent said to me, "so I hear my daughter is going to learn all about the Beatles this year. That's great!" I thought that was pretty cool. You just have to work them into your day somehow! Make them part of the curriculum. ;D
Hi Sandra.  Well, I took your advise and played Yellow Submarine to my first graders.  They loved it.  Some of them knew it.  I also read the book,  John's Secret Dreams: The Life of John Lennon by Doreen Rappaport to them.  Have you seen the book?  It's great.  Amazon has it for a great price.  Thanks.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 01:23:54 AM »

That's awesome! It's cool that some of them knew it too. Most of the kids I show it to have never heard of it. Only the song. I have John's Secret Dreams, but haven't read it yet. Last year I let one of the second graders use it for her biography book report. They made cool bottle dolls of the person then. Hers was so cute. I should have taken a picture.  I have the Yellow Submarine book too, but I don't like it that much. What's weird to me is that there's always a few kids that know one of them was shot. One kid even mentioned that he was coming out of his apartment building. He was close.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 11:42:07 AM »

It's surprising how a post like this promotes interaction of ideas and comments.

Page created in 2.535 seconds with 58 queries.