Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Macca to get back the rights to some of his songs  (Read 912 times)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
Macca to get back the rights to some of his songs
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »

2nd October 2006 19:00:01

Sir Paul McCartney is to get his hands back on the rights to The Beatles' back catalogue of songs - which he lost 21 years ago.

The musician lost the rights to the majority of the Fab Four's hits to then close friend Michael Jackson in a bidding war in 1985.

Jackson paid nearly £40 million for the collection leaving McCartney, who dueted with Jackson on worldwide hit 'The Girl Is Mine' in 1982, fuming.

Now the former Beatle has learned the rights to many of the songs, which include 'Come Together' and 'Getting Better', are set to return to him automatically.

He revealed to Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "In about 10 years a lot of the back catalogue returns to me, just legally. Some of the important rights are about to return which I didn't realise."

McCartney, 64, has previously admitted he hates the fact he has to pay Jackson money every time he plays one of his own songs on tour.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Sir+Paul+McCartney+to+buy+back+Beatles+rights-11873.html

Bobber

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Macca to get back the rights to some of his songs
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 02:45:06 PM »

That's right! Sorry for the double feature, here.

Wayne L.

Re: Macca to get back the rights to some of his songs
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:46:15 PM »

If this story is true, it's about time for Paul & the freak didn't deserve them anyway.

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 41 queries.