Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 346535 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #3380 on: August 21, 2018, 11:41:51 PM »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a long stretch of humid weather. It’s been like this almost all summer. Blech and double blech!

Well, Kelley, that how it is...

https://youtu.be/wvUQcnfwUUM

Yeah!

I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #3381 on: August 25, 2018, 04:03:03 AM »

^^^
I wondered where they’ve been! But the humidity has dropped, for now, so that means the weather’s fine.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3382 on: August 26, 2018, 03:03:33 AM »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a long stretch of humid weather. It’s been like this almost all summer. Blech and double blech!

I hope things cool down for you soon, Kelley!

Are you and your family going to the NYS Fair? I've been reading the coverage and getting very homesick. I used to live practically within walking distance of it. I've been to lots of state fairs, but the NYS one is near and dear to my heart.

KelMar

« Reply #3383 on: August 27, 2018, 01:26:12 AM »

I hope things cool down for you soon, Kelley!

We had a nice glimpse of fall-like weather for a few days, Kathy but the hot and muggies are back.

Are you and your family going to the NYS Fair? I've been reading the coverage and getting very homesick. I used to live practically within walking distance of it. I've been to lots of state fairs, but the NYS one is near and dear to my heart.

That is a great fair and we’d love to go but it’s tough to get away with the new dog. Kelsie went several times when she was in 4H dog club. I went once, but as our dog population increased someone had to stay home with the ones who weren’t going. That was me!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3384 on: August 28, 2018, 03:18:49 AM »

We had a nice glimpse of fall-like weather for a few days, Kathy but the hot and muggies are back

Yeah.  For the next three days!

https://youtu.be/gxf5FYRlbag

If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal
If her daddy's poor just do what you feel
Speed along the lane
Do a ton or a ton an' twenty-five
When the sun goes down
You can make it, make it good in a lay-by...Yeah!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3385 on: August 29, 2018, 11:51:02 PM »

We had a nice glimpse of fall-like weather for a few days, Kathy but the hot and muggies are back.

Oh, darn; sorry to hear that.

That is a great fair and we’d love to go but it’s tough to get away with the new dog. Kelsie went several times when she was in 4H dog club. I went once, but as our dog population increased someone had to stay home with the ones who weren’t going. That was me!

It's usually me, too! Sometimes we do leave Bear alone, but not for more than a couple of hours. Like all dogs, he hates to be boarded, so we avoid that like the plague. He still has anxiety/separation issues.

KelMar

« Reply #3386 on: August 30, 2018, 01:57:27 AM »

Oh, darn; sorry to hear that.

Well, we had some big thunderstorms tonight to push that out. Yay!

It's usually me, too! Sometimes we do leave Bear alone, but not for more than a couple of hours. Like all dogs, he hates to be boarded, so we avoid that like the plague. He still has anxiety/separation issues.

Aww...poor little Bear. Molly understands. When we first brought her home she didn’t seem to care when I left her to go to work. I always give her a little stuffed Kong bone and she used to just take it and pay no attention to my departure. A couple of weeks ago she started runnng into the bathroom when she figured out I’d be leaving. I guess she thought if she wouldn’t go into the the kitchen where I gated her then I wouldn’t leave.  Wrong! It’s pitiful but it’s never longer than four hours at a time. In a way it’s sort of a good thing because it means she loves me but I hope she doesn’t start destroying things.  :-\

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3387 on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »

A couple of weeks ago she started runnng into the bathroom when she figured out I’d be leaving. I guess she thought if she wouldn’t go into the the kitchen where I gated her then I wouldn’t leave.  Wrong! It’s pitiful but it’s never longer than four hours at a time. In a way it’s sort of a good thing because it means she loves me but I hope she doesn’t start destroying things.  :-\

I can completely identify with that! The one time I let Bear have free fun of the apartment he ripped a medium-size chunk out of the wall. I'm not sure how he did it with his little mouth. Now I leave him in my room with the door shut (I should probably get a gate) and the lights and TV on to mask sound and keep him company. He seems to have an uncanny knack -- like Molly -- about when I'm going to leave and I usually have to chase him around. (Me, a 50-year-old, vs. a young Pom sprinting around the apartment: not exactly an equal match, LOL.)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #3388 on: September 09, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »

Really wet today

KelMar

« Reply #3389 on: September 10, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »

Really wet today

It is here, too. We’re getting remnants of a hurricane. It’s going to rain until tomorrow night, with a supposed break for a few hours tomorrow afternoon. It’s cold too!

KelMar

« Reply #3390 on: September 10, 2018, 12:14:37 AM »

I can completely identify with that! The one time I let Bear have free fun of the apartment he ripped a medium-size chunk out of the wall. I'm not sure how he did it with his little mouth. Now I leave him in my room with the door shut (I should probably get a gate) and the lights and TV on to mask sound and keep him company. He seems to have an uncanny knack -- like Molly -- about when I'm going to leave and I usually have to chase him around. (Me, a 50-year-old, vs. a young Pom sprinting around the apartment: not exactly an equal match, LOL.)

Oh my gosh, Kathy. That’s frustrating but it also makes me laugh. There’s no point in me chasing Molly. I only pick her up when it’s absolutely necessary and when she’s calm. We found out early on that she associates that with something bad from her past. I swear, I’d like to confront the greedy SOB where she came from.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3391 on: September 11, 2018, 06:56:25 AM »

Oh my gosh, Kathy. That’s frustrating but it also makes me laugh. There’s no point in me chasing Molly. I only pick her up when it’s absolutely necessary and when she’s calm. We found out early on that she associates that with something bad from her past. I swear, I’d like to confront the greedy SOB where she came from.

Aw, that's sad. I don't think Bear came from a very happy background, either, given the scanty information sheet his previous owners filled out.

I'm glad Molly has a good home with your and your family now, Kelley. I'm sure your warm love is very reassuring to her :angel:

One other thing that might make you laugh is that when we first got Bear, when we left we'd put him in his crate, which he really hated. We'd try to placate him with a Milk Bone, but he would haughtily push it out of the crate with his paw as if to say, "I won't be placated with a treat!" (Then when we got home and released him he'd race off with it.) Kong treats worked much better because they wouldn't fit through the bars. I couldn't believe how stubborn he was, though!  ha2ha

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3392 on: September 11, 2018, 08:09:23 AM »

Low 20s (Celsius) and sunny today. Spring has arrived  icon_cool

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3393 on: September 11, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »

Best wishes to any forum members who are in the path of Hurricane Florence: Good luck evacuating or sheltering in place. It sure looks like a heck of a storm.

KelMar

« Reply #3394 on: September 12, 2018, 02:07:40 AM »

Best wishes to any forum members who are in the path of Hurricane Florence: Good luck evacuating or sheltering in place. It sure looks like a heck of a storm.

I echo that sentiment.

KelMar

« Reply #3395 on: September 12, 2018, 02:16:38 AM »

Aw, that's sad. I don't think Bear came from a very happy background, either, given the scanty information sheet his previous owners filled out.

I'm glad Molly has a good home with your and your family now, Kelley. I'm sure your warm love is very reassuring to her :angel:

One other thing that might make you laugh is that when we first got Bear, when we left we'd put him in his crate, which he really hated. We'd try to placate him with a Milk Bone, but he would haughtily push it out of the crate with his paw as if to say, "I won't be placated with a treat!" (Then when we got home and released him he'd race off with it.) Kong treats worked much better because they wouldn't fit through the bars. I couldn't believe how stubborn he was, though!  ha2ha

Thanks, Kathy. Bear is fortunate as well. I wonder if he might have come from a puppy mill, too. They would be stingy with details. You are right; I literally LOL’ed at Bears’ Milk Bone rejection. Molly is very stubborn, too. But I guess that’s what got her through giving birth twice a year for six years.   icon_mad

KelMar

« Reply #3396 on: September 23, 2018, 03:41:26 AM »

The weather just seemed to know it’s fall now.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3397 on: September 24, 2018, 01:15:32 AM »

^

Finally!  That was one long hot summer.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3398 on: October 03, 2018, 12:01:18 PM »

I love this time of year on the Gold Coast, nice breezes, 24deg C, blue skies - perfect  8)

Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3399 on: October 03, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »

I love this time of year on the Gold Coast, nice breezes, 24deg C, blue skies - perfect  8)

I'm jealous as usual, Kevin! We've had overcast skies and mist/fog for more than a week now. And now there's snow in the forecast. Oh, well, guess it had to happen sometime.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 204

Page created in 2.76 seconds with 71 queries.