Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 667

Author Topic: Currently listening to...  (Read 596849 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
Re: Currently listening to...
« Reply #9200 on: September 01, 2011, 10:37:03 PM »

How's it going everyone? I hope that the week is going well with all of you. What am I currently listening to? I am listening to the "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!" album by THE ROLLING STONES in its entirety. Take care.

Probably the best ever live album...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9201 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:40 AM »

Happy Birthday Barry Gibb 65 today

Bee Gees - To Love Somebody - Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia (Part 2 of 15)

I'm glad it's your birthday...
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday Barry!!
I can stay till it's time to go

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #9202 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:53 AM »

How's it going stevie? I hope all is well with you. GET YER YA-YA'S OUT is definitely in the Top 10 all-time greatest live albums ever. Have you ever heard FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE AT THE BOSTON TEA PARTY February, 1970 Vol. 1-3? I'm listening to this 3-CD set right now and it kicks a*s! Peter Green is at his absolute BEST in these live concerts. You have to hear these concerts to believe it. Take care.

KelMar

« Reply #9203 on: September 02, 2011, 03:22:45 AM »

Thinking of my brother on his 58th birthday. He was seldom without his guitar and this is one of the songs I liked to hear him do...

THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 13. Rocky Racoon - (White Album CD1) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #9204 on: September 02, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »

Pilot - Magic - You Tube Exclusive! - IN STEREO (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Bill Lyall  was former Member of the late famous Bay City Rollers
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:54:19 AM by Badgirl66 »

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #9205 on: September 02, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »

IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #9206 on: September 02, 2011, 07:54:36 PM »

They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #9207 on: September 02, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #9208 on: September 02, 2011, 08:37:35 PM »

The Beatles sings Get Back

George Harrison sings Get Back

Get back sung by John Lennon (inedit)

ringo singing get back

Paul McCartney - Get Back (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9209 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »

How's it going everyone? We survived another week, I hope that everyone has a great weekend. To start off my weekend, I'm listening to the "Bridge of Sighs" album in its entirety by ROBIN TROWER. Great album! Take care.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9210 on: September 02, 2011, 11:18:06 PM »

One should consider the Who's Live At Leeds as well...
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9211 on: September 03, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »

One should consider the Who's Live At Leeds as well...

How's it going Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? I hope all is well with you. Funny you should mention THE WHO'S "Live At Leeds" album, I'm listening to it now! GREAT LIVE ALBUM INDEED! Take care. 

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9212 on: September 03, 2011, 03:17:21 PM »

How's it going Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? I hope all is well with you. Funny you should mention THE WHO'S "Live At Leeds" album, I'm listening to it now! GREAT LIVE ALBUM INDEED! Take care.

What a coincidence! The Who's Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival is another great live recording, love to see that show on video.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9213 on: September 03, 2011, 03:55:20 PM »

What a coincidence! The Who's Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival is another great live recording, love to see that show on video.

Hi Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT MY FRIEND! THE WHO LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL KICKS A*S! I own both the CD and DVD versions. If you haven't seen that show on video or DVD, you are missing out. Many music critics believe that THE WHO's live performance at The Isle of Wight Festival in August 1970 topped JIMI HENDRIX's live performance at The Isle of Wight Festival. In my opinion, it was VERY CLOSE! What do you think Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? Take care.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9214 on: September 03, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »

Hi Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT MY FRIEND! THE WHO LIVE AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL KICKS A*S! I own both the CD and DVD versions. If you haven't seen that show on video or DVD, you are missing out. Many music critics believe that THE WHO's live performance at The Isle of Wight Festival in August 1970 topped JIMI HENDRIX's live performance at The Isle of Wight Festival. In my opinion, it was VERY CLOSE! What do you think Hombre_de_ningun_lugar? Take care.

Hi again BeatlesForever. I've seen the Who at the Isle of Wight on video, it's a great experience really. I do know that Hendrix also played in that festival, it was his last great show, wasn't it? But I haven't seen that Hendrix's show so I can't give an opinion. However, I've seen Hendrix's videos on Monterrey 1967 and Woodstook 1969, showing why he's considered the greatest instrumental virtuoso ever. I must say that I prefer the Who, but Hendrix was really great. You surely know the story behind Hendrix burning his guitar in Monterrey, as a response to the Who's destruction of their instruments. Take care you too.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9215 on: September 03, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »

Hi again BeatlesForever. I've seen the Who at the Isle of Wight on video, it's a great experience really. I do know that Hendrix also played in that festival, it was his last great show, wasn't it? But I haven't seen that Hendrix's show so I can't give an opinion. However, I've seen Hendrix's videos on Monterrey 1967 and Woodstook 1969, showing why he's considered the greatest instrumental virtuoso ever. I must say that I prefer the Who, but Hendrix was really great. You surely know the story behind Hendrix burning his guitar in Monterrey, as a response to the Who's destruction of their instruments. Take care you too.

Hello again Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! Hendrix's performance was great but it wasn't his best! Hendrix was partying late into the morning hours of 30 August 1970 and went on early in the morning at 2 A.M. Hendrix was on a bad acid trip and kept delaying his performance repeatedly until he finally went onstage at 2 A.M. on 30 August 1970. Jimi Hendrix's last official live concert was on 6 September 1970 at the Isle of Fehmarn in Germany. Jimi's last concert ended on a bad note at the Isle of Fehmarn. The Isle of Fehmarn Festival 1970 was worse and more violent than Altamont 1969 ever was. Take care.     

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9216 on: September 03, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »

More violent than Altamont? That's sad, the dream was really over.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9217 on: September 03, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »

More violent than Altamont? That's sad, the dream was really over.

I kid you not Hombre_de_ningun_lugar! The Isle of Fehmarn 1970 was violent and horrible! After Hendrix left the stage, a gang drove a truck backstage and began threatening artists, their support personnel and festival security officers. Hendrix's road crew BARELY got their gear carted away safely. Fights engaged, attempts to steal equipment and money ensued, and soon the festival grounds converged into REAL chaos. Some of the remaining "Rockers" set fire to the promoters headquarters, a box office and had even burnt down a portion of the stage. The stage fire had been extinguished but the damage had been done. According to drummer Mitch Mitchell, one Hendrix roadie suffered a leg wound from a gunshot. TEN YEARS AFTER, as well as other artists, cancelled their performances at the Isle of Fehmarn when word got around about the gunshots and violence that erupted at the festival. IT WAS REAL BAD! Read about it when you get a chance Hombre_de_ningun_lugar, you have to read it to believe it. The live performances at the Isle of Fehmarn Festival were never professionally recorded but years later, Dagger Records (Owned by Jimi's half-sister Janie Hendrix) would release the best sound quality possible of Jimi's live performance at the Isle of Fehmarn on 6 September 1970 on CD in 2005. The Matrix ID number is CATF-05186-2. The fights and violence during Jimi's performance is clearly evident on the recording. Take care. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:05:54 AM by BeatlesForever »

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9218 on: September 04, 2011, 02:48:30 AM »

How's it going fellow Beatles fanatics? I'm listening to the ARGENT Anthology in its entirety. This album ROCKS! Take care.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #9219 on: September 04, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »

I'm listening to this:

David Bowie Marianne Faithfull I Got You Babe.wmv

I can't stop watching this, Mariannes voice is so amazing!  ;yes
David is fantastic too ofcourse, lol  ;D
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 667

Page created in 4.281 seconds with 87 queries.