Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: "oh, dirty Maggie Mae..." complete version?  (Read 8620 times)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: "oh, dirty Maggie Mae..." complete version?
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 08:52:30 PM »

Quote from: 483

Methinks you trust in Wiki a little too much. All your statements are backed up by Wiki. But you are very wrong my friend. Mad has always meant angry in England, as well as other things. I'm talking from experience, not what I read on the net. Frankly, I've never heard such rubbish as you speak, and I am finaly done with this thread. It's a waste of time debating with someone who takes as gospel what he read on the notoriously innacurate Wikipedia.

I was backing up my statement with proof from wikipedia just to show that other people say the same thing as me.But if you want to check elsewhere then go ahead.
How come you never give any proof yourself? Too worried to discover that you may be wrong? That your memory isn't what you thought it was?
Did you look at the wiki list? Obviously not since you replied too quickly for that.Check it out, you'll see that they're not talking rubbish (or do you call that trash?).

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »

let it go at different strokes for different folks then....

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »

Quote from: 284

it wasn't meant to be...wether you want to admit it or not john was the most americanized beatle...he was adpoting our ways since the beginning...he began very early to disassociate himself with mother england,his claim to being of irish decent(a tony sheridan similarity there)..during this time he also was interacting with the monkees and other american bands,george was into this groove too,the hippies were always saying don't let the man hang you up,which i assume means don't let society take you and make you something you are not by controlling you so that you are not true to yourself,thus is with the yuppie i suppose(hippies with careers)but i digress...the hippie was worried that the moral majority of america was controlling their destinies and stifling their freedom of choice,so they took a stand against the oppressions such as war and laws against mary jane...they had smoke-ins,lovefests and concerts...the hippies didn't just start in california either,new york has them too,grenich village,folk music for some reason i always group with the hippies to for some reason...but john was aware of the hippie phenom too and it showed in his lyrics,i think that was why we clashed b4 zapp over that christmas album thing,you were taking the uk stance and were sure the was no from us to you type deal but maybe john called it that somewheres,maybe that guy who new him that ex vet knows,but i believe john was talking about the hippie definition of getting hung up,but sounds so much as hung....americans tend to slang terms and words so as to more easily converse and john americanised hung up as hung......all this is just my stance tho...it is not endorsed by the forum or communists.....another thing we use hung for is like "he is hung like a race horse." hung in this case means he has a big penis...hung mean the past tense of hanging too like i hung the shirt up or he was hung by the neck till dead...hanging by the neck always seemed old west  to me as is the case with many others i think as well....so hung to me just seems better than bothered to me and john too...i believe it to an attempted at hippieism...

What's this aversion to capital letters pc? Or is your shift key just broken? Which is it dude cuz it's driving me mad.

:P

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2007, 03:10:56 PM »

simply an aversion to caps... :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.58 seconds with 39 queries.