Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Marriage and the Beatles  (Read 1796 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Marriage and the Beatles
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »

You know, if you think about it, the Beatles really respected the institution of marriage.  All were married starting with John, then Paul, and ?

I think they knew the difference between having a million girlfriends and having one woman (wife) who loves you and is (possibly) loyal to you.  I don't know but I feel fairly confident that all the Beatle wives were loyal to their Beatle husbands.

I've always respected The Beatles for this.  Even in the early days, I thought: "Wow, with all those women they could choose from, they still ended up marrying someone!"

Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Marriage and the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:55:11 PM »

Sorry, I think you are a bit naive here. Yes, they all married (John first, followed by Ringo, George and Paul at last). But that was about it. I don't think they respected the marriage in the way of 'not having sex with anyone else'.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:09:33 PM »

Bobber:  Why didn't they just stay unmarried then?

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 01:48:59 PM »

Bobber:  Why didn't they just stay unmarried then?

Those are the mysteries of life.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 06:09:52 PM »

Bobber:  I was always impressed by Paul and Linda.  I thought they were a great couple.  And John publicly professed his love for Yoko many times.  He also wrote "Woman" in her honor.  I thought Ringo and Barbara were a good pairing as well.  Also, George's relationship with Olivia seemed awesome to me and they had a great son together in Dhani.

Well, I may be naive, but I still feel like the Beatles did respect the idea of a one and only true love.  Yes, they may have slept around but I believe they were in love with their wives.  They maybe didn't feel anything for all those other ladies.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »

Sure, in the end they were all married. Although not married, Pauls relationship with Jane Asher was pretty tight. Still, Paul had to play around. John was married to Cynthia. Ditto. George cheated on Patti and Ringo on Maureen.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

You know, if you think about it, the Beatles really respected the institution of marriage.  All were married starting with John, then Paul, and ?

I think they knew the difference between having a million girlfriends and having one woman (wife) who loves you and is (possibly) loyal to you.  I don't know but I feel fairly confident that all the Beatle wives were loyal to their Beatle husbands.

I've always respected The Beatles for this.  Even in the early days, I thought: "Wow, with all those women they could choose from, they still ended up marrying someone!"

As far as I'm aware all rock stars and film stars get married
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »

As far as I'm aware all rock stars and film stars get married

Usually several times.

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 52 queries.