Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan is a far left liberal wacko.  (Read 10306 times)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Cindy Sheehan is a far left liberal wacko.
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 03:05:11 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
I think the basic premise of her protest has been lost. Its not so much that her Son was in the Armed Forces and died. It has become a matter of what this is all about, which is what people seem to keep forgetting. We went in there because we had 'reliable intelligence' reports that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction. They didn't. Bush keeps trying to put this in the same box as 9/11. Its not got one f***ing thing to do with 9/11. Whatever happened with that? Halliburton is making a fortune on this war, the Saudis should be giving us oil for free, and 'Mission Accomplished' my ass. Stay what course? What exit plan? That's what she's saying. Her son is a token of someone who died, but what exactly did he die for? And not just him, but the almost 2,000 of our soldiers. All our War on Terror has done is galvanize the Terrorists into a nice tight unit, and we're f***ed, while George and his cronies get to ride into the sunset in a few years as super wealthy men and blood on their hands that they could give a sh*t about.

You wanna run for president soon? Cuz I'd vote for you!

:D
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 03:10:20 AM »

I don't think what Cindy Sheehan says is as important as what she represents.  The opposition to Bush and the War finally has a human face.  

That's what scares Karl Rove and why he doesn't want Bush to meet her face to face.  It will show how small he really is.  

Remember that scene in Jaws when that women in mourning slaps the Chief for letting kids swim when he knew there'd been a shark attack.  The Chief had the guts to shut down the beaches after that.

Cindy Sheehan is the same woman.  Bush, unlike the Chief, is afraid to face her.  

It's weird how the popular mind works.  Rosa Parks refuses to give up her seat and then you've got the bus boycott.  

Will Cindy spark something as momentous?  Time will tell.  

Four more years in Iraq don't sound very promising--and the all volunteer army may soon become a thing of the past when other hot spots blow.  

I don't blame Bush, though.  What's going on in Iraq is the culmination of British and American Imperialism that dates back at least to the fall of the Ottoman Empire--if not to the Manifest Destiny philosophy of the 19th Century.  

Like Rome, although less obvious, we veered away from Republicanism into Empire.  

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 03:26:13 AM »

Quote from: Frightwolf

You wanna run for president soon? Cuz I'd vote for you!

:D

Thanks Bro'. The hypocrisy that runs rampant with this Administration in general and this War in particular, makes me sick. AdamZ is right too. What about Karl Rove? All their crap gets swept under the carpet in incredible fashion. What happened to getting to the bottom of that 'little' matter. There is a woman in jail for his bullsh*t. If it was Clinton or any other Democrat, there would be Republican, excuse me, 'Independent' Cousel, Committees, Subcommittees, screaming for his impeachment. And if anyone should be impeached for lying blatantly, day after day, to the American public, it should be Bush. The Right screams that what Sheehan is doing is demoralizing the troops, well, if it only takes one woman expressing her views to demoralize our entire Armed Forces, then we're really in trouble.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 09:51:35 AM »

Some great points to read.....I'd still take a swing for Bush though if I could after I'd lost any of my family...

I think at one point in this debacle we had lost more troops to U.S. fire than enemy.

It's just all madness.....Greedy madness.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 09:57:17 AM »

Being a history freak, I always wondered how the German Government in WW2 managed to convince its people (who were generally well-educated) that occupying foreign countries was an OK thing to do, and to get them to turn a blind eye to what was going on in these countries.
Well I guess questioned answered. As much as we dislike it we seem to powerless to stop it. And come election time, people are more worried about themselves than any other bigger issues (I speak only about the UK here.)
And we have the benefit of a relatively free media.
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 03:33:54 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

Wait a minute, I think you meant, if it weren't for HIM Joan Baez wouldn't even be that famous. Easy mistake to make.

;)

Seriously though, what song has she ever written???

Nope, Joan brought his songs into her repetoire and introduced him to a broader audience. I do agree that Bob is a better lyricist though. Like there's anyone better than him anyway.

But this is not what we're talking about. Shutting up now.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 03:57:19 PM »

No, but seriously Wayne... How can you still think you're politically in the middle? You CONSTANTLY b**** about how stupid you think all those left wingers are but I've NEVER heard you say anything negative about anything right wing. And your views seem to be very conservative, to say the least.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 04:03:19 PM »

Wayne is so right wing, it's not even funny. It's saddening to know that there are still people in the world who actually believe these things.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 04:15:42 PM »

Wayne, in some cases, is the majority in our country.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 06:26:30 PM »

But then again, I think the American standards for what's left or right or left wing or right wing are different than our Dutch standards. If a Dutch political would say and do the things that president Bush says and does, he would certainly be considered right wing and even a bit of an extremist...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 07:38:27 PM »

It's the same way in Canada, only to a lesser extent. I could never figure out why we were viewed as such a liberal country until I started to learn more about American politics.

Wayne L.

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 08:24:07 PM »

I'm not a card carrying Republican or Democrat but I am an Independent minded person who can think for himself.  I'm not a right wing activist or left wing activist because most hardcore poliitical activists on the left & the right have no minds of their own but like to cause lots of ruckus.  Cindy Sheehan IS a far left liberal wacko who is for terrorists with her rhetoric & against U. S. soldiers like most of her kind & will be forgotten a year from now like she already is at the moment because of hurricane Katrina & her impact is minimal.  

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 12:00:11 AM »

Sounds like a bunch of ignorant right-wing babble to me. I'm sure she's all for terrorists, aren't we all? Speaking of having no mind of their own and causing a ruckus, you seem to be the poster boy in this particular thread. Try reading a newspaper. If you get your news from Fox News with Bill O'Reilly and the Ann Coulter's of the world that live in Bush's Right-Wing John Birch Society cocoon, then everyone else in the country is a liberal left-wing wacko. Nice try tho'.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 12:42:06 PM »

Wayne, if you're really the kind of person that you are on this board, than you're one of the most ignorant and right wing people I've communicated with in my entire life.

Wayne L.

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 02:50:08 PM »

You must be the most ignorant person on the block BiscuitPower because for one, you don't know anything about me personally, number two, you do NOT have a clue what you're talking about, number three, kiss Osama Bin Laden's ass.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 03:51:38 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
for one, you don't know anything about me personally

You're absolutely right about that (and believe me, I thank God on my bare knees for that)... Hence the "if you're really the kind of person that you are on this board" comment...

number two, you do NOT have a clue what you're talking about

Yeah yeah yeah... Don't you ever get tired of yourself?

number three, kiss Osama Bin Laden's ass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for proving my point.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

I think someone has been listening to that "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists" crap a few times too many. :)

Wayne L.

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »

You're PROUD to be loser with lots of ignorance musically & politically & that's your right BiscuitPower so don't blame me for your problems.  

pommyg

• A Beginning
    • Beatles Archive
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 06:52:47 PM »

Wayne. You are an angry, angry man.

Wayne L.

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 07:03:40 PM »

You are BORING pommyg & I think I'm right about far left liberal wackos like Cindy Sheehan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.769 seconds with 83 queries.