Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Who would you meet?  (Read 15582 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
Re: Who would you meet?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 10:04:01 PM »

i would like to meet John or Ringo. John made me want to form a band and become a songwrite and Ringo made me want to be a drummer. although the three of us in a bar with george and paul walking in later would make one hell of a time...and then i woke up wondering if it was real.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Starry Night

• One And One Is Two
  • Merry Christmas to you children everywhere!
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2005, 04:41:06 PM »

None of them. Nothing so frustrating as standing in front of one of your heroes, stammering: "Hye, I...eh...I admire you... eh... very very much. I REALLY do." Knowing that:
1. You will never be able to let them understand how much exactly.
2. Knowing you 'd like to take them home with you, you'd love to take them home, but having to leave without them.
3. Knowing that you are one of so many and therefor not so special to them as you would like to be.

I'm one of those people that think fans should leave their hero alone. Just enjoy their music.

An anecdote in this respect: a colleague of my husband once met Bono. "I've always dreamed of this moment," he twittered. Bono's reply, bored: "Yeah, me too."

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2006, 03:32:59 AM »

Any of them, I su-pose ... all them, of curse! [size=9]
(Ringo if I wanted partying)[/size]

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2007, 05:05:02 AM »

George would be my choice, natch. In addition to hanging peacefully in a garden, which suits me fine, I'd like to talk to him about the philosophy he evolved to help him deal with the madness he'd been through. He wasn't really a convert to any religion, but pulled what he liked from Eastern and Western thought into a unique life view for himself. His views about the environment are also spookily prescient. Not bad work for a scruff from Liverpool!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2007, 04:58:40 PM »

It would have to be George. I just think he is SUCH a fascinating person. I really like a lot of his beliefs- and I think we would have a lot to talk about. And I love monty python so perhaps we have a similar sense of humour?

I would be scared to meet John Lennon. I don't think my intelligence would be up to it. He would be an incredible, incredible person to meet but Im pretty bad at talking politics so that part of it wouldnt work. Then again, there was a lot lot more to him than that- and people said he could talk for ages about 'any topic under the sun'. I would definately love to meet him- maybe the younger John more than the older John. He would be my second choice but George seems that bit gentler and more easy to talk to.

Ringo would be brilliant too though! Or Paul- although I feel I have the least in common with Paul.
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »

all of them, at the same time of course. Then it would become clear with whom I connect the best. They're ALL so very interesting and intellegent (I don't want to give it all to John, you cannot underestimate the other mates)
What's more important, I wouldn't want to meet them as a fan, if you know what I mean. Wouldn't it be a much easier and relaxed conversation talking to them like we do with our friends or best friends? They're only human like you and me, no need to wet ones pants. Yeah as if that would be as easy. One can dream, right?  ;)

Apple Scruff

• A Beginning
  • It's all in the mind y'know...
    • It's all in the mind y'know
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2007, 02:13:36 AM »

I would have loved to meet all of them but if I had to choose I would love to meet Ringo. Why?? Because he's my favourite Beatle!!  ;) . I would probably ask him to teach me how to play the drums, hehe. I would also talk about art and, of course, about his days as a Beatle!!!
Apple Scruff<br /><br />

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 02:16:06 AM »

It would be impossable to talk to any of them becuase i would be too busy drooling all over myself   ;) but if i could talk to one of them without acting like a babbling idiot then it would be Paul, i feel that i have alot more similarities with him then any of the others.

moodyblue71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »

Paul

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

I'd of course like to meet them all, but if I had to narrow it down to one it would definitly be Paul. He's my favorite and like my #1 hero ever, and I would like to meet him at any time of his career, now or back in the day. Preferably the Beatle days of course, like '64 or '65!

I actually want to start thinking in advance of what to say ('cause ya just never know, but yeah right, like it'll ever happen!), but it probably won't all come out the way I want it to since I'd be very excited but nervous all at once. I'd probably just say "Thank you so much for everything, you're the greatest, and I love you, I love you, I love you!" What I would really like to do is spend a day with him in the recording studio or something, and just really talk about everything and ask all the questions. I would love to carry on a conversation for as long as I want, and I would ask him to play me a song if he had an acoustic at hand!

I think if you just met one of them face to face for a few seconds, it would maybe be a good idea to have a letter written to them in advance and say all the things you want in it. Then, if you met them real quick, you could hand it to them personally so you know there's a better chance that they'll read it.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »

Quote from: 793
I'd of course like to meet them all, but if I had to narrow it down to one it would definitly be Paul.

pretty impossible to meet them all now!  :'(
but i'm there for Macca & Ringo ANYTIME!!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2008, 11:25:48 PM »

Quote from: 614

pretty impossible to meet them all now!  :'(
but i'm there for Macca & Ringo ANYTIME!!  :)

True that. If it was possible, I would have loved to meet Epstein (in addition to the fab four) ...

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »

I would have really loved to have meet Linda (apart from a beatle..)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »

Paul for me.

Magness

• A Thousand Pages
  • Simple truth miscalled Simplicity
    • My Gallery of Horrors! XD
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »

I'd rather meet them all!!!!!! But I'd wanna meet John and talk to him. But it's impossible! But perhaps I'll meet him in paradice when I die!....
Stop the Earth spinning round, I'll get out of it!!

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »

It is interesting, but there has been a bot set up, based on all of John's interviews and quotes, in which you can ask questions and chat, and it would almost be as if you were talking to John. It is the John Lennon Artificial Intelligence Project. Have a bash and tell me what it's like.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2008, 12:08:21 PM »

I had a go on it ages ago....Started off interesting enough but soon got boring. It's still a great idea and i am sure the AI bot will improve as time goes on.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2008, 05:44:43 PM »

Quote from: 793
I'd of course like to meet them all, but if I had to narrow it down to one it would definitly be Paul. He's my favorite and like my #1 hero ever, and I would like to meet him at any time of his career, now or back in the day. Preferably the Beatle days of course, like '64 or '65!

I actually want to start thinking in advance of what to say ('cause ya just never know, but yeah right, like it'll ever happen!), but it probably won't all come out the way I want it to since I'd be very excited but nervous all at once. I'd probably just say "Thank you so much for everything, you're the greatest, and I love you, I love you, I love you!" What I would really like to do is spend a day with him in the recording studio or something, and just really talk about everything and ask all the questions. I would love to carry on a conversation for as long as I want, and I would ask him to play me a song if he had an acoustic at hand!

I think if you just met one of them face to face for a few seconds, it would maybe be a good idea to have a letter written to them in advance and say all the things you want in it. Then, if you met them real quick, you could hand it to them personally so you know there's a better chance that they'll read it.

great idea  ;D but i don't know if Paul would ever want to come to arizona though :-/

beatleslover2

• A Beginning
  • The beatles forever, and ever.
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2008, 04:10:32 PM »

i would love to meet them all,
but if i could only choose one
i would choose John because
he was an amazing man and i would be able to
talk to him about anything  :)
<br /><br /><br />Ill be your Lovely Rita<br />peace &amp;&amp; lovee

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2008, 12:55:52 AM »

if i couldnt meet them all, i would meet paul. i dont know why, i just love him. i would ask him what his favorite song was, cause i really want to know.

actually, i had a dream where i met him. i think he was kind of freaked out by me, which was pretty funny. i wonder if thats a sign that i will actually meet him? (and he will be freaked out?.......)
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 1.358 seconds with 98 queries.