Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plastic Ono Band vs. Imagine  (Read 6062 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Plastic Ono Band vs. Imagine
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »

Is Power To The People on POB? Sure it wasn't on mine.
Amazing how we see things differently, if I had to I'd call Imagine wimpy and POB bitter.
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »

Quote from: 185

Power To The People and Do The Oz are bonustracks on the cd. The original album contains just the first eleven tracks, ending with My Mummy's Dead.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 10:38:34 AM »

Quote from: 63

Power To The People and Do The Oz are bonustracks on the cd. The original album contains just the first eleven tracks, ending with My Mummy's Dead.

CD's with "bonus" tracks are the work of Satan.
POB is a statement, not just a collection of songs. Now a whole generation are not going to hear the chilling "My mummys dead" as the closer, but the ponderous "Power To The People", which is so out of sync with the rest of the album.
It's a bit like the curator of the Louvre sticking a Da Vinci sketch of a submarine on the Mona Lisa as a bonus for your 5 Euro entry fee.
Pox pox pox.
don't follow leaders

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 10:40:56 AM »

Amazing how we see things differently, if I had to I'd call Imagine wimpy and POB bitter.
he is bitter on both...i agree but there seems to be more anger on the surface of imagine...how do you sleep,gimme some truth,it's so hard...did you look at both lists kev??lol

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 10:49:14 AM »

i admit working class hero is my fave john song and indeed he never topped it but he seems more bitter on how do you sleep...

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 11:06:28 AM »

Quote from: 284
i admit working class hero is my fave john song and indeed he never topped it but he seems more bitter on how do you sleep...

I also love WCH. But the line "like the folks on the hill" really bugs me. John, you live in a millionaires mansion. You are one of the folks on the hill. People in glass onions and all that......
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:12 AM »

POB is a statement, not just a collection of songs. Now a whole generation are not going to hear the chilling "My mummys dead" as the closer, but the ponderous "Power To The People", which is so out of sync with the rest of the album.
It's a bit like the curator of the Louvre sticking a Da Vinci sketch of a submarine on the Mona Lisa as a bonus for your 5 Euro entry fee.
Pox pox pox.

True. One of the worst examples was Wonderful Christmas Time and Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer as bonustracks on Back To The Egg. A shame.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 01:12:02 PM »

after reading a review saying it was one of the great albums of the 60's I bought the CD of Love's "Forever Changes."
It was so clogged with extra tracks and alternate mixes that it made listening to it senseless.
don't follow leaders

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

yeah it is true that extra tracks added after the fact can ruin an album or even change your opinion of an album,but an addition or two can also score a listen to a nugget or two...i am satisfied totally with the way elvis costellos my aim is true on radio disc turned out with the extras...it seems the added tracks are usually throw away songs and thats why they were left off in the first place...

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »

Pox pox pox.

I completley agree..it would have been more raw and real without the bonus tracks, which are already available anyway, so why put them on here? it's not as if they're even 'new'..'power to the people' is really political and doesn't even go with the whole flow of POB. And do the oz..well that's a bloody joke song, which obviously doesn't go with the album either, and a crap way to end it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »

Plastic Ono Band. But like others, I hate the bonus stuff being on there, as it doesn't fit.

I guess the record companies can't win on this one. Everyone's always asking for 'more, more, more'. So they do it and people complain.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 57 queries.