Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rush  (Read 946 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Rush
« on: August 24, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »

Do we have a Rush thread?  Who cares, i'm starting another one.  I'm trying to find some words to describe how I feel about Rush, but they escape me right now.  All I can say is that Rush is a freaking monster of a band and I love them.  Here's a band that really progressed and grew through the years, but yet they still kept their identity.  I seriously dig their entire catalog.  I just felt the need to voice my opinion.

Bobber

Re: Rush
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »

It's a bit too much for my ears, but I do understand why this band is big. And as a matter of fact I own a LP of Rush, with The Body Electric on it. I absolutely love that song.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »

It's a bit too much for my ears, but I do understand why this band is big. And as a matter of fact I own a LP of Rush, with The Body Electric on it. I absolutely love that song.

That would be the 'Grace Under Pressure' album.  Love it.  One of my lifelong friends is a real Rush geek.  He has all of it and see's them anytime he can.  I tossed the idea around of buying their entire catalog, but I haven't yet.  My buddy has them all so I've slacked on the notion.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 01:09:19 PM »

2112 is a monster!  Those keyboards at the beginning of the Overture are just awesome!   :o
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

I've barely ever listened to Rush but I have a special nostalgia for them. When I was learning bass and guitar in the late Seventies I started buying Guitar Player magazine. The first one I ever bought featured Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson. I loved reading the Geddy Lee interview. All about the basses he used and the effects. It really grabbed me. I must have re-read it dozens of times. Something about his enthusiasm for different sounds on the bass and how he used his rigs. I remember that one better than any of the subsequent magazines I bought.

Funny how it didn't actually inspire me to actually listen more to them. Maybe his description of the sounds was enough. 

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 45 queries.