Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What you did and a little ranting on 9-11.  (Read 11748 times)

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
Re: What you did and a little ranting on 9-11.
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2004, 11:13:34 PM »

Ok im going to work...
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2004, 11:21:04 PM »

Well just what the hell are we going to do? Play nursemaid to them till the end of time? Again why bomb the stations we have control over? As far as who takes over in the government there, it dont really matter 5 minutes after we are gone someone will overthrow the powers in place. Those people do not understand our way of life and democracy. No matter how much we try to force them to embrace it, even though we all know this war was not about democracy and freedom. Unless your talking of liberating the oil wells. You dont miss what you never had Ssarah. They have never been under a democracy.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2004, 11:28:30 PM »

Ssarah, please accept my apology, as I was not trying to start an arguement (ala j.k.) Its just that this is a subject I feel very strongly about.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2004, 11:55:32 PM »

Everyone should feel passionate about their government, its what makes America great.(well all democracies actually I'm just American so thtas what I say)

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2004, 12:30:32 AM »

i don't believe in governing by men.............nor women.
there is a certain complacency that i enjoy because i deal only with individuals....i don't accept that things cannot be changed.i realize survival of the fitest applies to todays world more than ever but karma comes back around.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2004, 12:45:08 AM »

I will smite you for that

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2004, 04:33:11 AM »

I like to argue actually---- as long as its over something worth while and people are mature enough not to take it personally.   

If we don't believe they can change, and believe they will keep doing what they are doing... perhaps next time run into the building you work in or instead take out a school, then the best solution would just to be like screw them and nuke um.   No matter what we do there is going to be positive points and negative points.   

As for Karma I totally agree.  In history there is always some greater nation. Someone that is the "Big Bully".  And everytime that "Nation" falls.  I believe the U.S. will fall in time.  Until then though its going to play the role. 

strutter84

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2004, 05:01:26 AM »

Yes, arguing can be fun.  And people here are very mature about it and rarely ever let their emotions get the better of them.

Too bad Wayne isn't still here.  He could provide some comedic, infantile "Your wrong because you don't agree with me!"'s.  Whatever happened to ol' Wayne anyhow?

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2004, 05:29:08 AM »

[quote by=strutter84 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=47 date=1095224486]Yes, arguing can be fun.

strutter84

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2004, 07:21:45 AM »

My favorite was when he called us mental midgets for thinking that Van Halen was a hair metal band.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2004, 02:40:45 PM »

Well he obviously got to Ya'll because you're talking about him still.  My attitude on that is that it's not worth my time to even talk about him. ::)

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2004, 03:05:34 PM »

"its what makes America great.(well all democracies)"

Personally, I think the very safe and just system that we (America England etc) live with can only be classed roughly as Democratic States, with the War on Iraq just emphasisng what demons already lie unseen among the figures of Power.

America Feels it has a duty to step into another Country (regardless of Culure, Religion or even law) and sort out whatever is threating the USA's Policies..which all boils down to Global domination (Not in the James Bond Sense..ironic how its English :p) America or any Country in that sense, does not start a war if their isnt any positives which will they benefit from...its basic tactics which were born when Humans were first created (not in the disney like Biblical sense)

This again is not a personal attack on Americans, but the Bush administration, and politics on general.

My own country is the same, with the perception of New Labour changing after every new tabloid release. Its just our pickings are more confined, and sadly Labour seems the only choice.

Politics.... who needs em :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2004, 03:07:24 PM »

I suppose if I really hated the fact that my country was a bully I could go live in a third world country and die of disease and starvation.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2004, 04:33:56 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=25 date=1095200071]If they didn't send terrorists then we wouldn't have to bomb them... [/quote]

1. IRAQ DIDN'T SEND TERRORISTS.
2. Terrorists came to the USA because they USA came to their countries years ago.

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=25 date=1095200071]umm not the point is they didn't leave us alone in the first place. [/quote]

Wrong. America didn't leave THEM alone first. There were Americans in the Middle East (and not for vacation) long before people from the middle east came to America.

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=25 date=1095200071] There are countrys with bad leaders that we leave alone you are right on that. But they are leaving us along as well.  [/quote]

What did Saddam ever do to the US (outside of Iraq I mean)???

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=25 date=1095200071]
If we had not bombed them even more people would have died. It ended the war and although it is brutal I think it was for the best. [/quote]

Do you realize those bombings killed nearly 200.000 people? How can you POSSIBLY think it was a good sollution?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2004, 04:35:15 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=32 date=1095202539]

You're right, Japan never fully recovered either.

[/quote]

Japan did, 200.000 victims and their millions of friends and relatives didn't.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2004, 04:39:55 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=46 date=1095222791]then the best solution would just to be like screw them and nuke um. [/quote]

Yeah, that's a nice philosophy... If you don't like it, just nuke it. Destroy it. Kill it. Get it away. Out of my sight. Imagine that everyone thought like this and just destroyed everything they didn't like. Then we'd all live to witness the world end. Probably even before the weekend.

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=46 date=1095222791]I like to argue actually---- as long as its over something worth while and people are mature enough not to take it personally. [/quote]

Amen. :)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2004, 04:42:47 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=52 date=1095260844]I suppose if I really hated the fact that my country was a bully I could go live in a third world country and die of disease and starvation. [/quote]

I don't agree with that. "Love it or leave it" is bullsh*t. Imagine that everyone that lives in the USA would be perfectly happy with the way the USA is right now... Then there wouldn't be any progression or improvement anymore.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2004, 06:40:42 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=55 date=1095266395]

Yeah, that's a nice philosophy... If you don't like it, just nuke it. Destroy it. Kill it. Get it away. Out of my sight. Imagine that everyone thought like this and just destroyed everything they didn't like. Then we'd all live to witness the world end. Probably even before the weekend.

Amen. :)[/quote]

There is such a thing as sarcasm.

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2004, 06:42:09 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=53 date=1095266036]

Do you realize those bombings killed nearly 200.000 people? How can you POSSIBLY think it was a good sollution? [/quote]

Even more would have died if we hadn't of bombed them so yes I think it was a good solution.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2004, 07:18:10 PM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1095101219,s=58 date=1095273729]
Even more would have died if we hadn't of bombed them so yes I think it was a good solution.
[/quote]

More than 200.000 would have died? I'd like to know the facts that you base that knowledge on...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 79 queries.