Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If They're The Best Band Ever...  (Read 1298 times)

Togger

• One And One Is Two
If They're The Best Band Ever...
« on: May 09, 2021, 10:34:25 PM »

Why don't you hear much of their music on the radio? Even on classic stations or AM stations, they're rarely played. I personally like their early albums like their second one, but you'll NEVER hear songs like "Devil In Her Heart" for example.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: If They're The Best Band Ever...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 12:02:27 AM »

Why don't you hear much of their music on the radio? Even on classic stations or AM stations, they're rarely played. I personally like their early albums like their second one, but you'll NEVER hear songs like "Devil In Her Heart" for example.

I hear them plenty, but the issue is they always play their better known songs as all radio stations do to all bands.  With most radio stations owned by big conglomerates like iHeartmedia, the days of DJs having freedom to play their own tunes is all but gone.  They have to follow the playlist thats set in front of them.  My cousin got fired from a radio station for taking to many liberties and that was 30 years ago.  There are a few breaks in that format sometimes.  Example, my local classic rock station WDVE out of Pittsburgh has a thing from noon to 1 called the electric lunch.  People call in and request songs, but even then the calls are monitored so they still end up playing pretty well known tunes. 

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 35 queries.