Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Did They Steal From Carl Perkins?  (Read 1272 times)

Togger

• One And One Is Two
Did They Steal From Carl Perkins?
« on: June 10, 2021, 03:37:48 AM »

I swear that I read in a book that Carl Perkins said he was playing with the Beatles informally at a club or party, and someone secretly recorded his playing and it wound up in one of the rockabilly type songs the Beatles released. Anyone remember reading this?

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Did They Steal From Carl Perkins?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 05:00:45 AM »

I’ll give you this, at least that’s a novel one. I can honestly say I’ve never heard of that nor can I imagine how you’d actually pull off such a feat with 1960s recording technology. If we’re assuming the Beatles for some reason decided they had to steal a Carl Perkins recording, instead of just, you know, inviting him to come along. 

There is a rumour that Carl did visit the Beatles during some recording session and that maybe he recorded with them. It’s never been verified though. Some suggest that, if he did, it was most likely for one of their BBC recording sessions rather than an album session which are extensively documented. No one, to my knowledge, has ever pointed out a guitar part on a Beatle record that sounded like Carl. Especially not one that sounds like it was secretly recorded via some spy microphone that George Martin presumably sourced from MI6.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Did They Steal From Carl Perkins?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »

No one, to my knowledge, has ever pointed out a guitar part on a Beatle record that sounded like Carl. Especially not one that sounds like it was secretly recorded via some spy microphone that George Martin presumably sourced from MI6.

ha2ha 

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 35 queries.