Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Former Beatle friends, etc.  (Read 1391 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Former Beatle friends, etc.
« on: July 30, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »

You know, we talk about Pete Best and his former affiliation with the Beatles and how much it must have hurt him to be discharged from their inner circle.

But I was just thinking - who are the other Pete Bests in the Beatles' lives?  Consider former girlfriends.  How many a woman may have thought they found true love in a Beatle only to find themselves on the lonesome at some point, perhaps never being in contact with their beloved Beatle again?  Imagine if your Prince Charming was a Beatle, albeit briefly.  Some of those rejections or separations were probably conducted as a matter of course without explanation or apology.  Did you ever experience a silent separation from someone?  It could be like they're gone and they don't call you anymore.

Think of other people who perhaps worked for the Beatles in some capacity.  Then one day that employment ended.  No more access to the Beatles exclusive piece of the Universe.  Perhaps no more one-on-ones in terms of jokes and everyday familiarities.

Yes, I think there's people like this in the world.  I call them "the other Pete Bests" of the Beatles World.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Former Beatle friends, etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 06:29:52 AM »

Mal Evans is one of the saddest cases I think. Shot by police in LA after a domestic dispute with his girlfriend. He tried a few things after the breakup including record production but never settled into anything.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »

Well Cynthia got a crap deal. 

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 10:48:29 AM »

Well Cynthia got a crap deal.

she is at the top of the list, got the commitment yet thrown out in the end

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 03:21:30 PM »

tkitna and blmeanie:  I totally agree about Cynthia.  I think it was in her bio (maybe an interview), she said that John never communicated with her after the Yoko incident.  It's like he totally cut her out of his life.  She said she wished they could at least be friends and perhaps even reminisce about the old days occasionally.  Yes, John's rejection of Cynthia was beyond brutal (especially coming home and catching him there with Yoko).  If I remember correctly, it was obvious that some intimate moments had just occurred between John and Yoko.

I don't know.  Some people really get a raw deal in this world.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 07:27:49 PM »

Moogmodule:  Yes, it's very sad the way Mal Evans life ended.  A total tragedy.

I'm attaching this song by Ringo in his memory.  Mal co-wrote it with George Harrison (1973).  I wonder if it was his sister, Pam, whom John referred to in "Mean Mr. Mustard."

You and me (Babe)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gw2_li3i4U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gw2_li3i4U</a>
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 07:35:47 PM by Loco Mo »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 08:27:22 PM »

she said that John never communicated with her after the Yoko incident.  It's like he totally cut her out of his life.  She said she wished they could at least be friends and perhaps even reminisce about the old days occasionally.

I suppose when your new partner threatens to kill herself at the suggestion (by a therapist) that you speak to your ex, there’s unlikely to be much of a chance for a friendly relationship.

Page created in 0.433 seconds with 47 queries.