Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Concerning Beatles  (Read 5833 times)

roscoe

• A Beginning
Concerning Beatles
« on: June 03, 2009, 06:24:07 PM »

As a new member, I am still a little green around here so I'll first ask for a clarification of 'anything that concerns the Beatles.' This could mean alot as the Beatles were a world wide cultural phenomenon that touched on all aspects of our lives. Politics, religion, MK ULtra, Manson and a whole lot more. Is all of this fair game?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

adaml223

• One And One Is Two
Re: Concerning Beatles
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 06:31:02 PM »

I don't often post but I have been coming here for a good many months now and I would say that is all fair game. I am sure others would agree.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »

Quote from: 2121
As a new member, I am still a little green around here so I'll first ask for a clarification of 'anything that concerns the Beatles.' This could mean alot as the Beatles were a world wide cultural phenomenon that touched on all aspects of our lives. Politics, religion, MK ULtra, Manson and a whole lot more. Is all of this fair game?

If you want to talk about Current Affairs, you go to Current Affairs. If you want to talk about the Beatles' albums, you go to Beatles Albums. It's not that difficult. Oh, and please check in the individual sections if your subject isn't already discussed somewhere.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »

Oh no, not the Christ thing again.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 10:34:30 PM »

To those that roll their eyes at Jesus, consider the following. There would be no such thing as music if it were not for the Catholic Church. Quoting Fr R Parsons, Studies in Church History v2 pg 7

" That music may now be called a science is due to Guido(William) of Arezzo, an Italian monk who in 1124 DETERMINED THE SCALE, hitherto uncertain. His solmisation or the use of the words ut, re, mi, fa, sol, la( apparently ti comes later-- kind of like Pluto) was signified by means of the words of the first verses of the Vesper Hymn for the Feast Of The Baptist".

C= 523cps(hz)
B= 494
Bb= 467
A(aTONEment)= 440
etc

In other words all musicians( unless one digs Ravi Shankar), regrdless of their physical location on the globe must necessarily conform to the system of music that is a product of the founding institution of Western Civilisation-- the Catholic Church. All pianos and guitars( including those of the Beatles) must conform otherwise you have zilch. Yes it is true that ancients like Pythagoras had a primitive understanding of music but the system has never been refined past what our monk in a cloister spent many yrs figuring out.

The original purpose of Western Music is to accompany the mass as a way to communicate with God--this is why music CAN be so beautiful. Of course there are musical heretics as well a s spiritual ones-- we all have our dislkes in the music world.

So the science of music is compatable and even originates with the Cath Church. By Catholic Church, I do not mean the phoney v2, anti-christ, anti-church, headed by a series of judeo- masonic anti-popes beg in 1958( the Church has been taken over people).

Besides music there are other sciences that are compatable with the nature of Revealed Religion. Some may be interested in my latest Galileo research. It will surprise many to learn that there has never been even 1 person executed at the behest of or ex-communicated by the Cath Church for alleging that Earth rev around the Sun.

http://www.firstjesuits.wordpress.com

Ciao

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »

I would be willing to wager that no one here has ever given thanks to the Cath Church for providing us with our musical system and also that this has never dawned on the Beatles themselves. I was most disappointed to learn recently that Paul( as well as George of course) is involved in demonic TM channeling and has been meditating with this crap since 1967. I thought Paul was quoted a few years ago as saying that he was not involved with the Maharishi BS. Apparently this is not correct and it is only John and Ringo who saw through the fraud.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »

I have a question for you.  I don't disagree with you about the Catholic church bringing about musical scales as we know it, however this is a public forum and I'm not sure why people try to peddle their religious views on others here or put down possible religious views of another.  I guess my question would be, why would you refer to another's religion as "demonic" when yours may be to another?  I'm going to point out here that even though I was raised Roman Catholic, I do not identify with any sort of religion or god, I would rather question people's reasoning behind why they think what they think when they speak words that seem so harsh towards another person's faith or religious views.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »

The admin of this site may not want a religious dispute here but the Beatles were none the less involved in various religious controversies. Plain and simple it is the belief of Catholics that everybody goes to hell except us. Having said that, it is also a characteristic of Judaics and Moslems. We are all familiar with the chosen people mantra and the everybody but us is an infidel rap.  So Catholics are no different than them in this respect any way. That is just the way it is. BTW-- my understanding is that the Maharishi was(is?) a judaic.

Catholic philosophy says that God( a real personal being) created the Universe as an act of Grace and Love. If this is true, then he must have created everything in it as well and that includes science and history. Therefore science and history must necessarily be compatable with the spiritual( revealed and interpreted) truths of our Church or the whole system is a bust. This is evident in the use of the Catholic musical system( and Calendar I might add) throughout the world today.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 01:49:36 AM »

No dispute necessary but don't elite yourself by bearing false prophet. Infidels? If you cannot show goodwill or humaneness to fellow man, then perhaps it's you who may deserve what you call hell in your isolation of others. Music from Africa with rhythm was far before Boethius scale. Infact, birds singing, people humming and tones of sounds have been around since long before the Catholics came, so I see your claim of thanks a bit bold. Why would the Beatles thank Catholicism? They did not invent music and most the lads played by ear. Infact, Paul McCartney does not even read music so where you going with that statement?
So some educated (often by church in those days) person worked out the intervals...BIG deal....Was always going to happen. I would not thank the catholic church for that or the way it rules by fear, persecution and guilt. God lies within all of us, the spirit, it's power of belief, its all energy. I respect anyone who can draw strength and positivity from their religions or beliefs. I find your religious superiority complex misguided but I forgive you. Your welcome to your views as anyone else here is but please don't religiously propaganda the place relentlessly.
What transcends all religions? Music! They all adopt it and I agree it brings you closer with 'God' whatever that personal definition is.
A piu tardi!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:14:41 AM »

I was most disappointed to learn recently that Paul( as well as George of course) is involved in demonic TM channeling and has been meditating with this crap since 1967.

Oh, GOD.

*leaves thread and slams the door*

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 04:21:46 AM »

AAB-- your first sentence does not make sense and I do not know how to answer it. In what way am I not showing 'goodwill and humaneness to fellow man'? I have not used the word isolation either-- if you don't understand that the Catholic Church has welcomed all people for the last 2000 yrs( until 1958 when they stopped admitting Catholics) then you need to spend some  time studying the history of the Church.

I have acknowledged that a basic general understanding of music existed b4 the present modern system of the Church. But again, the general modes that existed previously also originated with the Cath Church-- Ionian, Phrygian, Aeolian etc( thank you for reminding me). I will not argue that birds and other animals don't have a primitive appreciation of sound but they certainly are not capable of appreciating the fullness of harmonics that a human can. And yes people can hum randomly but if they don't comply with God's created system it is a lost cause.

Whether the Beatles played by ear or could or couldn't read music is irrelevant. The fact is you must necessarily comply with the musical system of the Cath Church or you have zillch-- No Beatles== Sorry. Have you ever tried to listen to someone playing a musical instrument out of tune? it is not a very pleasant experience.

'Working out the intervals' was most likey much more complicated than you think. One poster elsewhere has dismissed my other scientific proffer of the Gregorian Calendar by alleging it was just a simple 'tweaking' of the Julian Calendar.  The re-organisation of the 1582 Calander( which you dear heretic are living your life by because it is the most accurate calendar avail to man) was something that went on for over 100 or maybe 200 yrs with the best minds in the world. Names like Copernicus, Clavius and Bellarmine and of course the Prot Kepler.

You want to try and live your life by the arab or judaic calendar-- good luck. These lunatics still base their calendars on the cycles of the moon.

Where you get the idea that the Catholic Church has ruled by 'fear. persecution and guilt' is way beyond me.

If you don't accept that there is a fallen nature to mankind that is your own business. I personally will never understand how someone can NOT  figure it out.

It should not come as a surprise to anyone that the Catholic Church has condemmed occultic practices like TM, Yoga etc.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 05:22:53 AM »

I have received a PM basically questioning my sanity. If there is anyone here who is confused as to who I am or where I am coming from you are welcome to study my posting history at http://www.cathinfo.com

Ciao

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 05:39:26 AM »

If it occurs to anyone that I am on a crusade, then that is OK with me. The plain truth is that irrespective of what religion anyone is, one  still must necessarily conform to the musical system discoverd by the Catholic Church or there is Zilch. That is nothing against anyone who feels like birdwatching or pollywog swallowing but it is never the less true.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 06:24:23 AM »

Not this again! This is a music forum. I'm moving this somewhere else.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 07:07:35 AM »

Quote from: 483
Not this again! This is a music forum. I'm moving this somewhere else.

Blue bin?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 07:11:45 AM »

A bin of any kind would be a good idea. Maybe we should have a forum called 'Religious Crackpots'?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 07:15:39 AM »

Quote from: 483
A bin of any kind would be a good idea. Maybe we should have a forum called 'Religious Crackpots'?

Good idea.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 08:30:37 AM »

If this is true,

There lays the rub, because everything indicates that it's not.
And your arguement about Guido of Arezzo is preposterous. The catholic church had a stranglehold on all learning in europe then. If he wasn't a catholic your church of "Grace and Love" didn't tolerate dissent and would most likely have burnt him at the stake.
It seems the first guillotine was invented in Halifax, Scotland in 1280. The people of Halifax were catholics. By your logic we should be on our knees thanking your church of "Grace and Love" for pioneering ways of slaughtering people. Silly isn't it. Everyone was a catholic then. They had NO choice.
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:31 AM »

Thanks Kev. I knew you would come up with the right answer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 76 queries.