Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Concerning Beatles  (Read 5835 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Concerning Beatles
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:31 AM »

ps I'm an ardent athiest but not anti religion. It obviously performs an important evolutionary function, and like violence can't be "turned off" just  because it doesn't seem to suit us anymore.
To carry your arguement to the extreme we should probably thank religion (ie believing that we are chosen and special) for the fact that we're still not huddling around fires throwing rocks at hyenas. Then again we also have it to thank for the fact that we feel comfortable invading, colonising, exploiting and slaughtering each other (ie believing we are chosen and special.)
Like you said, you believe only you and yours will be graced by God's favours. It's a handy thing to have.
don't follow leaders

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »

Quote from: 2121
AAB-- your first sentence does not make sense and I do not know how to answer it. In what way am I not showing 'goodwill and humaneness to fellow man'? I have not used the word isolation either-- if you don't understand that the Catholic Church has welcomed all people for the last 2000 yrs( until 1958 when they stopped admitting Catholics) then you need to spend some  time studying the history of the Church.

I have acknowledged that a basic general understanding of music existed b4 the present modern system of the Church. But again, the general modes that existed previously also originated with the Cath Church-- Ionian, Phrygian, Aeolian etc( thank you for reminding me). I will not argue that birds and other animals don't have a primitive appreciation of sound but they certainly are not capable of appreciating the fullness of harmonics that a human can. And yes people can hum randomly but if they don't comply with God's created system it is a lost cause.

Whether the Beatles played by ear or could or couldn't read music is irrelevant. The fact is you must necessarily comply with the musical system of the Cath Church or you have zillch-- No Beatles== Sorry. Have you ever tried to listen to someone playing a musical instrument out of tune? it is not a very pleasant experience.

'Working out the intervals' was most likey much more complicated than you think. One poster elsewhere has dismissed my other scientific proffer of the Gregorian Calendar by alleging it was just a simple 'tweaking' of the Julian Calendar.  The re-organisation of the 1582 Calander( which you dear heretic are living your life by because it is the most accurate calendar avail to man) was something that went on for over 100 or maybe 200 yrs with the best minds in the world. Names like Copernicus, Clavius and Bellarmine and of course the Prot Kepler.

You want to try and live your life by the arab or judaic calendar-- good luck. These lunatics still base their calendars on the cycles of the moon.

Where you get the idea that the Catholic Church has ruled by 'fear. persecution and guilt' is way beyond me.

If you don't accept that there is a fallen nature to mankind that is your own business. I personally will never understand how someone can NOT  figure it out.

It should not come as a surprise to anyone that the Catholic Church has condemmed occultic practices like TM, Yoga etc.

Quote, and spout but I do not need to read music to perform it and neither did The Beatles. Your onto a really lame point, of which, quite rightly Kevin annihilated. There is a fallen nature to mankind. People like you who hold up outdated, primitive beliefs and force them to the detriment of the modern world. No wonder there has been moral rejection which seems to dis-appoint you. I have figured it out...The kingdom of heaven is within. Shame your faith does not evolve or have enough Love to embrace all of man. Calendars? All man made. I live by my time.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »

I  consider myself a rational, logical person and have to confess to finding some (rather large) holes in my arguement. It was the catholic church that fostered the western tradition of complex choral music (and art). Without that there would have been no need for Monkdude to do what he did. So yes I agree, we do owe a debt of gratitude to the catholic church.
Like I said, religion makes good evolutionary sense.(as does violence)
I don't know enough about music history to go further. Is not his contribution just one in a sequence of many? Could not someone with a different outlook to you point to something else as a crucial moment? They didn't invent music out of thin air, and protestants and evangelists gave us gossple (sp) and the blues and mormons gave us The Osmonds..
And I think the Greeks and Romans (amongst others) would dispute your claim that the catholic church founded western civilisation. Lets see..philosophy, mathematics, writing, architecture,oratorion, rule of law.... (I'm going to get all Monty Python soon.)
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

You know I always rock out to Gregorian chants, yo.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

Quote from: 185
I  consider myself a rational, logical person and have to confess to finding some (rather large) holes in my arguement. It was the catholic church that fostered the western tradition of complex choral music (and art). Without that there would have been no need for Monkdude to do what he did. So yes I agree, we do owe a debt of gratitude to the catholic church.
Like I said, religion makes good evolutionary sense.(as does violence)
I don't know enough about music history to go further. Is not his contribution just one in a sequence of many? Could not someone with a different outlook to you point to something else as a crucial moment? They didn't invent music out of thin air, and protestants and evangelists gave us gossple (sp) and the blues and mormons gave us The Osmonds..
And I think the Greeks and Romans (amongst others) would dispute your claim that the catholic church founded western civilisation. Lets see..philosophy, mathematics, writing, architecture,oratorion, rule of law.... (I'm going to get all Monty Python soon.)

All is true. Especially the words in bold type.
And one should seek the origins of music much-much earlier than in catholicism.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

I would like to thank all for their responses and I will answer when there is time. Please keep in mind that I was very up front when asking if all of this was fair game b4 I started to post it. At least I haven't been banned like I was at thenakedscientist simply for posting a $1000 reward for anyone who can provide the name of even one person who has ever been executed at the behest of or ex-communicated by the Cath Church for alleging that Earth rev around Sun. I'll Be Back-- Ciao

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »

Of course Roscoe and although some may not agree with you, you still conduct yourself in a respectful and informed way despite the fact that most people on this forum are infidels to you. We are all a bit weary of religious nuts but it has been thought provoking and that's what it's all about.  :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00:28 AM »

^  Sorry AAB, I think this poster is insinuating that people who don't conform to his beliefs are crazy and/or going to hell.  (Am I wrong?)  Not really "respectful" if you ask me; it's more like highly offensive.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »

Are we Beatles Fans supposed easy Bait ? you never see these kind of posting on a Muse or Red hot chili peppers Forum  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ps : i'm Catholic and Hope/believe there is something after life( there's no harm in hoping), but when it comes to the Bible and story's of Jesus etc.... i believe the Bible was only written as a way to make people think twice about there actions back in a time when there was no law and people would kill and rob without a second thought. I'f i Kill i wont go to heaven......

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 05:13:14 AM »

The software at this site does not work very well.

Kevin-- I am going to reply to your thoughts beg w/ post 22, because this post is more thought out than the 2 prev( you pretty much say that yourself)  

Thank you as this is what I am saying-- there would have been no need for our monk to determine what he did unless it was used in the mass. Western Music is a product of the Cath Church and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. It is only appropriate that the Beatles should get around at some point to recording a Catholic Let It Be-- although it is debatable whether it is a Beatles song as John is not on it.

Has anyone here ever been in a physics class when an experiment in resonance with tuning forks has been seen and heard? It seems as you are not reading my posts properly as I have said that the Cath Church did not invent music out of thin air. This is precisely my point-- it was Created prev by God and only discovered by the Church. If anyone tries to say that the Cath church has enslaved and hogged secret knowledge, it is my purpose to debunk that phoney myth. The Jesuits are even today recognised as the finest educators man has ever had-- Clavius and Bellarmine were both Jesuits.

The Osmonds are MK Ultra-- does anyone here know anything about this operation?
The Greeks and Romans were precursers of Western Civilisation more properly known as Classical Mediterranean Civilisation.
Monty Python is a drag( to use a phrase of George)

In conclusion, I have no faculties for understanding a statement that religion and violence make good evolutionary sense. There are some who worship the satanic religion.... and this makes REVOLUTIONARY sense if one is a Communist.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 07:28:17 AM »

Western Music is a product of the Cath Church and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. It is only appropriate that the Beatles should get around at some point to recording a Catholic Let It Be-- although it is debatable whether it is a Beatles song as John is not on it.

i think youre just another narrowminded christian. not to offend any other christian with open hearts and minds. but thinking like you do is as dangerous as any religious fanatic like bin laden himself. the catholic church didnt create anything worth keeping nowadays apart from history. it created fear, repression, the idea of how to use people for your own benefit, monks f***ing little boys and other nice legacies.

by the way. is yesterday a beatles song? plus you should get your facts straight before you say another stupid thing. john lennon is on let it be and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

BlueMeanie

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 08:52:01 AM »

At least I haven't been banned like I was at thenakedscientist simply for posting a $1000 reward for anyone who can provide the name of even one person who has ever been executed at the behest of or ex-communicated by the Cath Church for alleging that Earth rev around Sun. I'll Be Back-- Ciao

Galileo. I'll PM you the address to send the cheque.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »

Quote from: 1620
^  Sorry AAB, I think this poster is insinuating that people who don't conform to his beliefs are crazy and/or going to hell.  (Am I wrong?)  Not really "respectful" if you ask me; it's more like highly offensive.

I agree but we are showing the greater love to the mis-guided. heheh :)

Bobber

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 09:11:31 AM »

Quote from: 483

Galileo. I'll PM you the address to send the cheque.

Giordano Bruno. And ditto.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

I would suggest that BM and Bobber read The Real Galileo here

http://www.firstjesuits.wordpress.com

There were no homo pedophiles in the Church b4 v2. With the exception of the Knights Templar scandal in the 13th Century that is. The church was strong enough at the time to eliminate the creeps.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »

btw-- acc to Rec The Beatles, Paul was most unhappy with John's bass playing on LIB. He wiped the bass line and redid it himself so take it up with Ryan and Kehew.

Bobber

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 06:42:15 PM »

There were no homo pedophiles in the Church b4 v2. With the exception of the Knights Templar scandal in the 13th Century that is. The church was strong enough at the time to eliminate the creeps.

That's just your point of view. I don't intend to read or follow any of your links.

Bobber

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

btw-- acc to Rec The Beatles, Paul was most unhappy with John's bass playing on LIB. He wiped the bass line and redid it himself so take it up with Ryan and Kehew.

That's just a rumour. But then again, in the later years there's lots of songs on which one or more Beatles are not participating. You suggest that each and every one is not a true Beatles song? Back In the USSR is not a Beatles song? Yesterday? Julia?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 07:01:25 PM »

You said name me someone who was ex-communicated by the catholic church for saying the earth revolved round the sun. We both answered you. Pay up or we'll send the boys round.

Bobber

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »

Yeah, where's the f***ing money?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.379 seconds with 80 queries.