Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Concerning Beatles  (Read 5834 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Concerning Beatles
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 07:17:35 PM »

Quote from: 2121
If it occurs to anyone that I am on a crusade, then that is OK with me. The plain truth is that irrespective of what religion anyone is, one  still must necessarily conform to the musical system discoverd by the Catholic Church or there is Zilch. That is nothing against anyone who feels like birdwatching or pollywog swallowing but it is never the less true.

What about Eastern music that uses 1/4 tones and 1/8 tones, etc., not based on the Western scales?

I think the Catholic church can stand or fall on its own merits, no association with the Beatles is going to change that  ;)

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

btw-- acc to Rec The Beatles, Paul was most unhappy with John's bass playing on LIB. He wiped the bass line and redid it himself so take it up with Ryan and Kehew.

I'm guessing John sang harmony on the chorus?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »

If The Beatles are Catholic music, meaning religious, what should the English and Americans do, since they are Protestants? Let alone all the rest of the world who love them?

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

BM and Bobber don' t get a dime as there has never been one person ex-communicated by or executed at the behest of the Cath Church for alleging Earth rev around the Sun. Bruno was executed 16 yrs b4 Galileo is even put on trial the first time and the contoversy plays no part.  Nor is Bruno executed because he speculated that there may be life on other planets. G Bruno DENIED THE ENTIRE SPECTRUM OF REVEALED TRUTH-- old and new testaments. Plain and simple he was an anarchist.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »

Quote from: 63
Yeah, where's the f***ing money?

I bet he's just using these forums to spam his site(s) here...

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »

Prot or not, Western music( of which the Beatles are masters like no one else) is based on the system of the RC Church. If one wants to listen to Eastern music, be my guest-- I do not like Ravi Shankar. Until the Prot 'reformation', the English were Catholics. As far as America, Catholics were here 100 yrs b4 Prots anyway-- have you heard of Columbus or Cortez?

All the land west of Miss was at one time Catholic. This is also true of Florida and the gulf coasts of Miss and Ala.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »

Here is a link to the $1000 Reward discussion at Icke.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65862

I do not even know what Spam is

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »

Here is a link to the $1000 Reward discussion at Icke.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65862

I do not even know what Spam is

I think you just answered your own question.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »

Splash the cash, or the puppy gets it.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 12:05:33 AM »

Is it possible for us to have a discussion about Catholicism without it turning into an all-out bashing fest? It's nutters like roscoe who make the rest of us (silent majority) look bad. I'm not particularly fond of the child molestation jokes, BTW. As funny as you may think it is, those are real people who suffered at the hands of someone they thought they could trust.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

I agree with you  it has became a little bit of a bash fest, but Roscoe aint a nutter he has the right to believe in what he wants, its the pushing it onto people part that is a little tedious.

TheD

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 04:03:09 AM »

Quote from: 748

i think youre just another narrowminded christian. not to offend any other christian with open hearts and minds. but thinking like you do is as dangerous as any religious fanatic like bin laden himself. the catholic church didnt create anything worth keeping nowadays apart from history. it created fear, repression, the idea of how to use people for your own benefit, monks f***ing little boys and other nice legacies.

by the way. is yesterday a beatles song? plus you should get your facts straight before you say another stupid thing. john lennon is on let it be and anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong.

Do you have any historical evidence for this whatsoever?  How does thinking like Roscoe make one 'dangerous' or 'fanatical'?  Some of the most beautiful architecture and art came from the Church.  Modern art can be simply ugly!  Also like Roscoe said sodomizers attack young boys more today AFTER the second Vatican 'council'!

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 04:14:14 AM »

Sorry if it appears tedious to some but if I am going to be called dangerous and a fanatic you're going to get a little back. If it is felt that I am pushing this to hard then don't bother reading the posts.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2009, 04:27:27 AM »

Sorry if it appears tedious to some but if I am going to be called dangerous and a fanatic you're going to get a little back. If it is felt that I am pushing this to hard then don't bother reading the posts.

Fanatic about something totally different from, what I understand, is the intentions of these forums!  Not everyone here is a Christianity fanatic, we are Beatles fanatics.  Just speaking my mind.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 04:35:04 AM »

For pointing out that the Beatles were the masters of the musical system of Western Civilisation I am referred to in derogatory terms.  ???

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2009, 04:39:27 AM »

If you push your beliefs on others, you're not going to get anywhere.

Oh, and y'know what? I don't claim to be an expert but based on what I learned this year in uni, Catholics are responsible for some of the most beautiful art and music of the Renaissance era. But rock and roll is completely different.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2009, 05:01:06 AM »

For anyone who doesn't like this conversation, please remember that the Beatles were very involved in religious controversies so that is just the way it is. John's remarks that were posted previously re: Christianity make this all quite relevant. I never felt he was guilty of anything with the remarks about Jesus in 1966. Hysterical Puritanical Protestants had it in for John. He made a true statement.

This discussion has been moved to a remote area now and it is evident that there are some who insist upon reading it anyway, so in the words of Admin-- it has at least been thought provoking. If it is upsetting then don't read the discussion. Ciao

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2009, 05:29:49 AM »

Rock and Roll falls under the catagory of Western Music. The musical system of Western Civilisation is a product of the R Catholic Church. That is a true statement.

There are two Rennaissances-- the Christian and the pagan. An example would be Copernicanism as the ideas that Earth rev aound the Sun, that the Sun was stationary and therefore in the center of the Universe had been speculated on by Hebs, Greeks Romans etc for quite some time. In renaissance times it involves the re-organisation of the calendar as Copernicus is part of the process. When scientific proof does emerge in the 17th and 18th centuries it is found that only one article of Copernicanism is true. This is then part of the true Christian Rennaissance while the 2 other articles are part of the heathen renaissance-- untrue.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2009, 05:34:35 AM »

I do not know alot about Da Vinci but his work was not popular in Rome and he left none there. He is most likely part of the pagan Rennaissance.

Arthur Mullard

• One And One Is Two
  • Arfa. That's me!
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2009, 08:11:05 AM »

What's the catholics got to do with anything? It's only bleedin' rock n roll init? And buildings? Theres plenty of crap built in the past as well as now mate.

But I learned something new from you Rosco, the blues apparently came out of Catholic Church. What a larf!! ;D
[face=Verdana][size=14]Welcome to my house. Enter freely, and of your own will.[/size][/i][/face]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 80 queries.