Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: happy holidays folks......  (Read 5747 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Re: happy holidays folks......
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Merry Christmas

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 04:17:11 PM »

Merry Christmas! What did everyone get?

I got my new iPod!!! Excited!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »

Merry Christmas dear friends!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »

Ahhhh!! You're a genius. Well then:

MERRY CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!

Billy Squier - Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You
^^^This was posted by Sondra.

Oh, I forgot to say, I'm in love with Martha Quinn (for those of you who know who she is! For the rest, she's the one with the gray sweater and pearls, I think she was the very first MTV deejay, along with that geeky guy, back when MTV played music ("Music TV", how cool was that!!!).

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS/HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:48:45 PM by alexis »
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2009, 01:29:24 AM »

Amazing!  I made it through all my life thus far without ever hearing of Billy Squier!
I can stay till it's time to go

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2009, 03:49:45 AM »

Amazing!  I made it through all my life thus far without ever hearing of Billy Squier!

Well, now it's too late to go back!!

Hello-Goodbye, what do you think of this vid?

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 05:49:35 AM »

Amazing!  I made it through all my life thus far without ever hearing of Billy Squier!

Shocked! Okay, now you got me started. He was huge for a while back then. Last year when I saw Ringo and his All Starr Band, Billy was one of the performers. Still looking good too! The friend I went with hadn't really ever heard of him either and after the show she was raving about how good looking he was. Oh, and how good his music was. Heh.  My best friend and I were OBSESSED with him in the early eighties. Whenever they'd play one of his videos on MTV I'd run into the room like a maniac. My first concert was Billy Squier with Def Leppard opening for him at the Nassau Colosseum. I was obsessed with them too! Ha. Of course I'm back to the Beatles again though, but the break was fun.
You MUST have heard at least ONE of these songs!!
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

"Lonely Is the Night" - by Billy Squier

Billy Squier - Don't Say No

I LOVE THIS ONE! (Okay, see, now you got me started...)
Billy Squier - She's A Runner (Live) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

With Freddie Mercury. I remember there was a rumor that he was Freddie's lover around this time. This was after the infamous Rock Me Tonight video. See what ya missed! :D
Freddie Mercury & Billy Squier - Lady With A Tenor Sax (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Touring with Ringo:
Ringo Starr, Billy Squier - Lonley is The Night (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Okay, after watching all these videos, I think I might have to download "Don't Say No." He was so awesome!

This is the video the destroyed his career!
Rock Me Tonite - Billy Squier (HQ Audio) (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

And just cuz I still love this song from the cheesy Def Leppard .You HAVE heard of them right??  ;)
Def Leppard - Bringin' On The Heartbreak (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:51:08 AM by Sondra »

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »

Oh, I forgot to say, I'm in love with Martha Quinn (for those of you who know who she is! For the rest, she's the one with the gray sweater and pearls, I think she was the very first MTV deejay, along with that geeky guy, back when MTV played music
Martha Quinn, Nina Blackwood, Alan Hunter, JJ Jackson, and Mark Goodman. Can't believe I still remember all their names. Obviously I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time watching MTV back in the day. Heh.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:10 AM »

Sondra, I don't recognize any of those Billy Squier songs, not even Lonely Is The Night.  In the 80s I listened to WCBS FM.  It was all 50s, 60s and 70s stuff.  I never watched MTV, but would occasionally watch VH-1 so I'm familiar with The Police, a-ha, The Cars.  I guess I avoided music from the 80s on.  My turntable was kept busy with the records I had.  With the advent of CD players, I bought, you guessed it, 50s, 60s and 70s stuff.

If I wasn't listening to CBS FM, records or CDs, I was practicing my guitar repertoire....Delta blues (Ian Buchanan - my teacher, Hot Tuna - Ian Buchanan taught Jorma Kaukonen too), Beatles, Animals, Moody Blues.....60s stuff.

I can stay till it's time to go

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 07:37:04 AM »

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

Shocked! Okay, now you got me started. He was huge for a while back then. Last year when I saw Ringo and his All Starr Band, Billy was one of the performers. Still looking good too! The friend I went with hadn't really ever heard of him either and after the show she was raving about how good looking he was. Oh, and how good his music was. Heh.  My best friend and I were OBSESSED with him in the early eighties. Whenever they'd play one of his videos on MTV I'd run into the room like a maniac. My first concert was Billy Squier with Def Leppard opening for him at the Nassau Colosseum. I was obsessed with them too! Ha. Of course I'm back to the Beatles again though, but the break was fun.
You MUST have heard at least ONE of these songs!!  ...
This is the video the destroyed his career!
Rock Me Tonite - Billy Squier (HQ Audio)

Sondra - did that video really destroy his career? He did kind of look like Richard Simmons for the first 3/4 of the video, but that was the 80's, everybody had at least one bad day then!

I don't care about anything else - that Christmas song you posted earlier makes me think he has done his duty to add to the positive karma of the universe  :D
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

Sondra - did that video really destroy his career? He did kind of look like Richard Simmons for the first 3/4 of the video, but that was the 80's, everybody had at least one bad day then!

I don't care about anything else - that Christmas song you posted earlier makes me think he has done his duty to add to the positive karma of the universe  :D

He lost most of his male fan base. Before that he was considered a hard rock guitar guy. Picture Eric Clapton in the video. How do you think his fans would react? Ha! Not saying he's anywhere in the realm of Clapton btw, just an example. Anyway, not smart to mess with your image when you've got a good thing going I guess.

I know it's after the holiday, but I love this one:
Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis (HQ High Quality)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 69 queries.