Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Their Downfall  (Read 15274 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Their Downfall
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2004, 12:47:37 AM »

[quote by=IndicaWalrus link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1103554479,s=19 date=1103666715]Yeah, Blaming the Wives is just the masculine 'Angel in the House' stereotype emerging.
They might of distorted the relationship boundaries between men..but Look at Cynthia and Pattie etc..The Beatles never broke then.[/quote]
so i see what you are saying then its more lindas fault than yokos.i agree with you buddy....lol

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 03:20:00 AM »

There "egos" had nothing to do with them breaking up in fact it may have kept them together because neither was willing to let such a song writing team go away quietly. It was allways a contest from the word go! John would come up with something and show it to Paul and he in turn would build on it! Without such strong egos they would have packed it in a long time before they actually did! The 3 things that killed them was "Yoko" the wedge so to speak! "Epsteins early departure" and lastly "Money" allowed them all to purse life's interests that were "Not Beatle Related!" They simply didn't need "IT" anymore!

Revolution_9

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2004, 11:28:09 AM »

Well, Yoko One stunted the Beatles' interactive development, for example, during the White Album sessions, and after that, all that was required then was the Beatles to be trapped together for long enough for them to have enough of each other, which happened in the Get Back sessions.

But of course, if it wasn't for the Get Back project, we wouldn't have Let It Be. And if it wasn't for Yoko Ono, we wouldn't have the Ballad of John and Yoko, would we?

A RETROSPECTION:

A lot of things contributed to the Downfall of the Beatles. But the best way to remember the greatest band of all time is not by recalling their Downfall, but rather their uprise, and the music they recorded. As long as we have their music, we can live as though they never split up at all, and still live by their words.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2004, 04:08:28 PM »

so i see what you are saying then its more lindas fault than yokos.i agree with you buddy....lol

The band was already on the verge of splitting when Paul met Linda in 68. She helped him through that time. John met Yoko in 66, and they werent having any problems then. So it wasn't the wives... especially not Linda.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2004, 06:03:37 PM »

Eh. The Beatles were a fantastic group together, you could blame anything for their break up. It was probably just being tired of being together and the whole business side falling down after Brian Epstein died. I dunno; I wasn't there. XD Anyway -- yeah. The Beatles were just sick of touring early on ... nobody was listening, y'know? But then they were sick of being the Beatles. Then all hell broke loose after Brian died. And then all the tension during Get Back/Let it Be.

Anyway -- great music as a band, and they were still great solo. And as John said -- "I don't want to be thirty and singing 'She Loves You'." -- lots of acts end up in that sort of scenario.

And remember, folks -- no Yoko, no Imagine. No Linda, no Maybe I'm Amazed. No Pattie, no Something. And without Pattie, no Layla...but that's off tangent, innit? Heh. ^^;;;
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 11:48:04 AM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1103554479,s=24 date=1103731708]

The band was already on the verge of splitting when Paul met Linda in 68. She helped him through that time. John met Yoko in 66, and they werent having any problems then. So it wasn't the wives... especially not Linda.

[/quote]ok mar i tried to take the heat off.but now i am gonna telll....why.......it was YOU......you made that remark b4 you were born that paul was getting fat,ringo hairy and george smaller.....i know the truth hurts but now is the time to heal.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 05:21:43 PM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1103554479,s=2 date=1103558703]No, I think it was Brian's death that started it all.[/quote]

i can agree with that ..... :'(

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2004, 07:35:03 PM »

brain lost control b4 he died.......

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2004, 07:54:52 PM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1103554479,s=26 date=1103802484]ok mar i tried to take the heat off.but now i am gonna telll....why.......it was YOU......you made that remark b4 you were born that paul was getting fat,ringo hairy and george smaller.....i know the truth hurts but now is the time to heal.

[/quote]

LOL whaaa?

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2004, 12:57:07 AM »

I always think about what it was that started their downfall I at first believed it was Yoko and then I blamed Paul and my art teacher in high school believed that it was drugs that started it all.  I'll agree that it probablly started after Epstein's death and as already stated where John and Paul started out as best friends and then they Both found their soul mates Yoko and Linda and I think when they found them then they started to realize that they didn't need each other anymore and that they could survive as individuals and be John and Paul instead of Lennon and McCartney.  I think it also really started in the White Album sessions and maybe even if Brian was there they still would have broken up as before he died he wasn't really doing alot for them as they didn't tour anymore so he was more a follower then a leader in that respect so I don't know if in the White Album sessions if he could have kept them together or not.  I think that after they stopped touring then they really only had the 4 of them to take stuff out on because they really only had each other and as John said they would argue amongst themselves and it would be petty but I think that combined with growing apart as individuals and wanting to go their own ways is what finally did it.  Also if you look at it because of the breakup there is no crappy Beatles songs they broke apart but remained on top there was no actual musical downfall and anyways it's pathetic when bands like The Beach Boys or The Who still tour together even though half the bands dead and their doing all their old songs I mean if they hadn't broken up John still may have been singing She Loves You when he was 40.  I've been reading The Beatles Anthology lately and there's a section where Ringo basically says the Beatles always used to laugh alot and I think when the laughter stopped then that is when the breakup really started.

Mr. Kite

PS.

Whoever said that Beatles For Sale is an album where they sound sad and depressed about being The Beatles is wrong as it is a great album and one of my favorites.  I think the music just started to change from their earlier stuff but I think that at that time they didn't mind being The Beatles yet.
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 02:22:37 AM »

During the White Album, you can tell that there's a split from records before. The types of songs are all over the place, very random -- not that it's a bad album, it's just showing how people change. *shrug*
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005, 04:13:49 PM »

Lately I've been getting back (pardon the pun) into my copy of LET IT BE - The Film. A random thought/question about this:

What do you think would have been the net effect of The Beatles just cooling off a bit longer after The White Album? The White Album came out in, what?, October or November of '68, right? And straight away, almost, they went into the LET IT BE project in January '69. Do you think a longer lapse - say, 6 months - would've had the absence-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder effect take hold?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005, 09:28:05 PM »

Paul and John didn't like each other very much anymore and George was sick of standing in the shadow of them too, especially because in 1969 he reached the same level. Seems pretty simple to me.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005, 09:28:50 PM »

I think that even without Yoko, without the Get Back project and without Brian's death The Beatles would've split up around 1970.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2005, 09:30:47 PM »

Cause there's no way that The Beatles would've continued as a band until John's death or something. I just can't imagine that. I think the band was a time bomb.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2005, 09:53:50 PM »

Please not the tripley posty

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2005, 11:35:19 PM »

LOL
triple posty
thats funny
i think the fault lies with yoko ono the most
john just thought yoko was more important than the beatles

Paul McCartney :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2005, 11:54:15 PM »

I think without Brian's death, they would have lasted a bit longer. Paul wouldn't have taken so much control and p*ssed off the others. Also, I think if John hadn't met Yoko, again they would have lasted a little longer. He seems sort of like the obsessive type. Like it's all or nothing with him. So maybe if he had met a women no so domineering, he wouldn't have felt the need to abadon the guys. But either way, I don't think they would have gone on as long as the Stones or the Who!!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2005, 11:57:36 PM »

But then they wouldn't have put out any crap albums, either...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2005, 01:17:39 AM »

You mean crap solo albums?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 80 queries.