Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 2161 times)

roscoe

• A Beginning
Marijuana
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »

I notice that there are seveal here who do not enjoy getting high. IMO it is a waste of time to listen to mono music or music w/o smoking.

Catholic Douay Rhiems Bible Genesis 9:3 -- God speaking to his people( all of us) " I have given you the birds and the sky and all things, even the green herbs have I given you"

KJV Prot Bible Genesis 9:3" I have given you the birds and the sky and all things, even the green herb have I given you".

So a puritanical Prot preacher can argue that cannibis is proscribed because he can assert that it is another herb that God has given us. A Catholic cannot say that as there are no exceptions given.

So again it is the Catholic Church that is the friend of real Beatles fans.

I am paraphrasing the biblical verse.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
Re: Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »

Green herbs= parsley.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:06:23 PM »

I might add to Gen 9:3 -- even the musical nomenclature have I given you.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:38:53 PM »

Like God has given us so much, why dont you give us a break?

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »

No one is forcing you to read my posts.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 01:01:43 AM »

Quote from: 1657
Green herbs= parsley.

;D ;D

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »

Quote from: 2121
I notice that there are seveal here who do not enjoy getting high.

Or there's just some of us who have found better things to spend their money on than drugs?  Or how about those of us who wouldn't want to do something stupid whilst under the influence, getting a record and risking any sort of career?

And IMO it's completely possible to listen to mono music stone cold sober.  I rather enjoy mono music in certain settings.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 03:31:37 AM »

Gen. 9:3 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

Gen. 3:18 "Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;"

The Hebrew word for herb is translated "`eseb"--and it seems to indicate green herbs to be eaten.  The OT doesn't mention smoking such herbs.  Maybe brownies?

There has been investigation into the use of cannabis oil for healing in Judaism and Early Christianity: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2633187.stm

Also there is a long tradition of speculation that ganga relates to the Sanskrit "soma" or "gangika" used in ancient Vedic rituals (and possibly imported into the prehistoric Middle East).

I wouldn't trust the Douay Rhiems Bible as a translation; the New American Bible seems to be the accepted version for American Catholics.  In this version, the reference is to "green plants"--and given the situation, Noah and his family alighting from the ark, the verse seems to indicate that humans will now eat plants and meat (unlike their vegetarian kin before the Flood).  

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 03:45:40 AM »

The Beatles made a big deal out of a spiritual search for God-- meditating and all of that. I for one  am very sick of hearing oriental hare krishnas, Maharishis and Babas and all the other BS. Very sorry if you don't like the Cath Church.

The Beatles also brought us MJ and so the Biblical verse is relative. Very sorry if you don't like that either.

roscoe

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 03:50:53 AM »

The Douay Rhiems Bible is the true RCatholic Bible and other versions are not to be trusted. NA Bible is in use by the schismatical, apostate v2 'church'. The point of this is that the herbs has been changed to herb in the Prot Bible.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 09:28:23 AM »

So again it is the Catholic Church that is the friend of real Beatles fans.

Excellent - now if you can find a bit in that bible of yours* that says it's okay for me to whack off and I'm joining.

*the trusted one of course, not one of those protestant mutants.
don't follow leaders

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »

Very sorry if you don't like the Cath Church.

You apology is accepted.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:58 PM »

Quote from: 373

You apology is accepted.

(rolling3)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

Can't believe how much better i feel after kicking my 15 year pot habbit , been six month or so now , even The Beatles sound better (wink1)
And my energy levels are brilliant , dope makes you dopey and thats a fact (teeth1)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »

Quote from: 1447

Or there's just some of us who have found better things to spend their money on than drugs?  Or how about those of us who wouldn't want to do something stupid whilst under the influence, getting a record and risking any sort of career?

And IMO it's completely possible to listen to mono music stone cold sober.  I rather enjoy mono music in certain settings.

Dear Judy! I completely agree with you! I have never touched the thing and never will. My life is full of beautiful things as it is. Besides I am enjoying my profession and I was promoted this Tuesday. Life is good, life is great, and I love it!

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »

Quote from: 971
dope makes you dopey and thats a fact (teeth1)

lol yep, just listen to the Anthology version of And Your Bird Can Sing, the distinctive pot snicker!!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:53 PM »

Quote from: 1657
Green herbs= parsley.

Dude thats awesome!!  ;D

And I have had first hand exsperiences with pot smokers, he wasn't the most friendly person I had ever met..... Besides, I like The Beatles and mono records sober, thanks. (And escuse my spelling)

dylanjohn

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:06 AM »

I'm not going to lie, I enjoy a joint from time to time.
In no way shape or form would I want to force this on someone.  
I choose to smoke a few times a month, and I enjoy it when I do.
Usually it's to enhance music, but I've can enjoy music on any level.
I enjoy listening to great music on Marijuana because it's another way to enjoy it.
By no means is it the only way.

Everyone has their own way of enjoying things.  I enjoy listening to music
sober, somewhat "Stoned", in beautiful places, under water (at a hotel in Thailand),
in a boat, on a train,  you catch my drift.

I disagree and somewhat chuckle when people classify marijuana as a class one drug.
I also chuckle when people say it's not addictive, or dangerous.

Everything is addictive.  Food, sex, drugs (legal and illegal), alcohol (a drug of its own),
sports, etc etc.  I believe that we should teach people how
to live their lives in moderation.  

Marijuana can, for those who have interest, really open you up and experience things
in a whole new way.  There's just something about playing music after smoking that
allows you to truly feel and get lost in the music.  It's quite an amazing expedience.  The problem is
you are tempted to always want to get high or feel the need to get high to play or listen to music.
That is the trap, and it is real.  

Another key tp Marijuana is when you use it.  I don't think kids should ever smoke it.
I tried my first joint at 19, and didn't smoke again until I was 21.  I think that helped me
to understand what I was doing, and I was more mature about my use than say if I was 15.  

Just my two cents.  I hope we can talk about subjects like this openly in society so
that we can continue to grow together.  The Beatles would agree no?

SemolinaPilchard

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »

Quote from: 1447

Ok wow. I agree with you that beatles music is still perfectly enjoyable sober, but pot is not that big a deal. I hate all this anti-marijuana propaganda I always hear. POT=HEROIN. and all that nonsense...Pot makes you lazy, and hungry. That's about it as far as negative side affects go. It's much less harmful than nicotine or alcohol anyway (both of which are entirely legal) I do indulge in a toke or two from time to time. It's worth trying.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 12:33:17 AM »

I once had a discussion with a friend about various forms of drugs and alcohol, and we both agreed that we'd rather be alcoholics than potheads. Not that being either is a good thing, but our reasoning is that there are much more high-functioning alcoholics than potheads. I mean, pot just takes away your ambition.

On the other hand, I've never seen anyone get violent under the influence of pot. So there are good and bad sides to everything, I guess.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 87 queries.