Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Early (1960) Cavern Club footage  (Read 1339 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Early (1960) Cavern Club footage
« on: August 22, 2021, 12:35:21 AM »

In continuing to read Love Me Do!, I was interested to note the following quote from Paul: "A fella called Dick Fontaine from Granada TV in Manchester came to the Cavern to see us. . . .He kept saying, 'I must do a film with you fellas.' Nobody wanted to know. They actually made the film and of course they show it now."

I've been trying to track down this film but so far, no luck. I did, however, find this Cavern Club footage that I wanted to share in case any of you have not yet seen it. (Not likely with this crowd, but you never know.) The last 60 seconds or so are a bit frustrating in that the comprise narration layered over the audio, rendering both difficult to discern.

Anyway, here it is: 

https://youtu.be/yCzed4x40aA

I'm not sure how long I would have lasted at the Cavern Club. I'm claustrophobic, and those low ceilings and close quarters start my heart racing just watching the clip. 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Early (1960) Cavern Club footage
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 02:07:53 AM »

^

4:13   "We want Pete!"

I'm not sure how long I would have lasted at the Cavern Club. I'm claustrophobic, and those low ceilings and close quarters start my heart racing just watching the clip. 

The way to deal with it is to put on a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers to limit your view as to how small the cellar was...

...and look cool at the same time.   :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Early (1960) Cavern Club footage
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »

4:13   "We want Pete!"

Good ear! I didn't catch that the first time.

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 40 queries.