Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650491 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #5380 on: October 21, 2009, 06:49:24 PM »

I said I called in sick. I didn't say I was sick! ;D Muh ha ha. 

More like a mental health day, mmm?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #5381 on: October 21, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

A trust fall is when you have to fall backwards into a group of people's hands. Which are suppose to catch you, but you never can really tell what's going on behind you! AHHH!! I don't get why freakchic has to do this at school, it seems cruel and unusual!  :o

Our class is about trust building.

Anyways, we ran out if time in class today, so I'm doing the Catwalk on Friday. I'm so excited!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5382 on: October 21, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »

Mental health days, oh, those are good.

*sigh* I have dishes and homework to do today, grrrrrrr. Can I have a mental health month? LOL.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #5383 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:03 PM »

^ I agree!!!  I have 2 midterms this Saturday, and another one next week...  Not to mention work...  So much fun eh?

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5384 on: October 22, 2009, 12:21:18 AM »

I said I called in sick. I didn't say I was sick! ;D Muh ha ha.

But thanks for wishing me well!

She's playin' the hook.  No note for her!
I can stay till it's time to go

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #5385 on: October 23, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »

Ugh! My teacher wasn't here, so I couldn't do the Cawalk!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5386 on: October 24, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »

I really don't think I fit my family. It can't just be me. It's just a bad fit. Yet I always end up feeling like i'm the one who is the problem. I'm so done with this nonsense.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5387 on: October 24, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »

I really don't think I fit my family. It can't just be me. It's just a bad fit. Yet I always end up feeling like i'm the one who is the problem. I'm so done with this nonsense.

Sometimes I feel the same way...

Not that I've met every single person in my extended family, but I feel like most of them are nothing like me and it makes me feel isolated at times.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #5388 on: October 24, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »

^I'm in the same boat as you guys!
I never get my extended family. They are just strange to me and I hardly ever see them, so when I do it's very ackward for me. I haven't seen some of them in years. I guess that's just the way it goes. ???

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5389 on: October 24, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »

This makes me sad.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #5390 on: October 24, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »

Not that I've met every single person in my extended family, but I feel like most of them are nothing like me and it makes me feel isolated at times.

I've met almost everyone in my extended family as well. I get along with my dad's side of the family very well, (since they are all musicians and such) but I can't stand my mom's side at times. And then they all say I should be more like them and I have too much of my dad in me.

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #5391 on: October 24, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »

I've met almost everyone in my extended family as well. I get along with my dad's side of the family very well, (since they are all musicians and such) but I can't stand my mom's side at times. And then they all say I should be more like them and I have too much of my dad in me.

Ive actually never met much of my extended family and my dad's side. I know one uncle and thats abt it. And on my momz side Im not too close to them caz they live in a different district. Growing up I never became acustomed to being in family situtations. We NEVER eat dinner together ( aside from maybe christmas) and someone always has something to do. I actually think im extremly introverted wen it comes to family stuff but if you ask my friends and my pairs id prob be considered extraverted.

^^^^^^Dont worry tho Sondra we all have those moments.
I Me Mine.

Eliza

• Getting Better
  • You've got a new horizon It's ephemeral style
« Reply #5392 on: October 24, 2009, 09:05:21 PM »

To emmi, I have the same problem I also can't stand my mothers side my dads side is so much better. And there are so many people on my moms side say 'oh look how much you've grown do you remember me?'  and say no cuz I dont even know who they are and they get mad!!! 
Put yer tongue away it looks digusting hanging out all pinked and naked!-George Harrison

Love forever, love is free Let's turn forever you and me Windmill, windmill for the land Is everybody in?

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5393 on: October 25, 2009, 01:45:54 AM »

I hope Morrissey gets well soon after he collapsed on stage feeling ill last night, he is in hospital recovering

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5394 on: October 25, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »

I hope Morrissey gets well soon after he collapsed on stage feeling ill last night, he is in hospital recovering

What made him collapse? Did he smell burning meat or something? Because I remember that really angered him back at Coachella.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #5395 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:24 PM »

Argh, I think I know who is marking my project.... he's quite strict and I'm sure he's going to completely kill it :-\ I hope he at least lets me pass....

I like that little news line on top of the website though... it says "everything seems to be alright"... :)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Mustang_Ed

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5396 on: October 26, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

Being a really old guy and listening to the Beatles on YouTube and reading the comments, I realized that most Beatles fans of today have experienced the Beatles very differently than me.

I listened the the Beatles back in the '60s in the order in which they released their records.  But some of the posts I read say something like "I loved the later Beatles CD's but have just recently started to appreciate the early Beatles".

I started out with "Please Please Me", "I want to Hold Your Hand", and "She Loves You" and ended up with "And, in the end, the love you take/ Is equal to the love you make."  Then I was a fan of the individual Beatles.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5397 on: October 26, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »

What made him collapse? Did he smell burning meat or something? Because I remember that really angered him back at Coachella.

unless he ate some by mistake before the gig :P...no, he was suffering from breathing difficulties as soon as he
went on stage last night, he only did one song and collasped on the floor which then cancelled the rest of the gig and
he was rushed to hospital, but thankfully he is doing ok now, i heard it was exhustion, i read in the news a few months
back that the doctor told him to take some time off but he never, i bet he will now though.  :o

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5398 on: October 26, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

One of my uncles told me last Saturday that I could have a few dozen of his LPs and that he'd throw them away if I didn't want them. So I went to get them and didn't expect too much of it, but what he gave me was actually pretty amazing... About 75 LPs, all in great shape, nothing but classics: Wings, Neil Young, CSNY, Fairport Convention, Iron Butterfly, Clapton, Dylan, The Who, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors...

Yesterday I spoke to another uncle (the other uncle's brother) and told him about this and he was like "Oh, you're interested in those old LPs? You can have mine as well, no problem."  :D I know he has a whole lot of blues and prog rock... Not really my kind of thing, but should be interesting anyway.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5399 on: October 26, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »

Being a really old guy and listening to the Beatles on YouTube and reading the comments, I realized that most Beatles fans of today have experienced the Beatles very differently than me.

I listened the the Beatles back in the '60s in the order in which they released their records.  But some of the posts I read say something like "I loved the later Beatles CD's but have just recently started to appreciate the early Beatles".

I started out with "Please Please Me", "I want to Hold Your Hand", and "She Loves You" and ended up with "And, in the end, the love you take/ Is equal to the love you make."  Then I was a fan of the individual Beatles.

I see what you mean. I guess it both has its pros and cons. If you were a Beatles fan in, say, 1965, you had just six albums at your disposal and that was pretty much it, if you get into The Beatles now there's an endless list of albums, compilations, bootlegs and solo records that you can get right away. On the other hand, us younger fans will never know the excitement of waiting for a new Beatles album and finding out what they were up to now. For "us" it's already a pretty big deal to get something like 'Love' or 'Let It Be... Naked', but of course that can't compare to hearing 'Sgt. Pepper' or 'Revolver' on the day it came out...
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 527

Page created in 2.291 seconds with 90 queries.