Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650516 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9560 on: October 16, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »

Wednesday a lady in the parking lot was waiting in her for her kids to be dismissed from school. As I walked through the parking lot I heard a loud phone conversation going on through her stereo system! It was a beautiful day and all the windows were open at school while she detailed to a friend her expieiences at a bar somewhere and what these particular guy's did and said for all to hear! Yikes!
Watch the volume on your Bluetooth!!! Yikes again!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9561 on: October 16, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »

Wow, Kathy! You've got a clever girl there!

Thanks! I just wish she'd pay that much attention to her math homework.  ;D

Thanks so much Normandie, thank your daughter too!  :)

You are most welcome, and Monica said "You're welcome," too.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #9562 on: October 23, 2015, 02:02:47 AM »

Thanks! I just wish she'd pay that much attention to her math homework.  ;D

Ah, math stinks! I almost never use it. ;)

KelMar

« Reply #9563 on: October 23, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »

I forgot what's going on in Buffalo tonight until the newscaster just reminded me. No news for me until the weekend's over!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9564 on: October 24, 2015, 01:32:26 AM »

Shuffle Off To Buffalo

http://youtu.be/aM9YRgKwmSo

That's Ginger Rogers sitting and singing and eating an apple next to Una Merkel.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9565 on: October 24, 2015, 02:01:05 AM »

http://youtu.be/ge8qktLangw

Ruby Keeler was a cutie pie!  They don't make movies like this anymore.

KelMar

« Reply #9566 on: October 24, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »

^^^
That was fun and makes me feel somewhat better! I could have sworn that Una Merkel was Ado Annie until I looked it up and saw that Gloria Grahame played that role. Good thing they just said Niagara instead of Niagara Falls!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9567 on: October 24, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »

Ah, math stinks! I almost never use it. ;)

I almost never use it, either! I am definitely not a numbers person.

She's been wanting to get one of those t-shirts that reads "Well, another day has passed, and I haven't used algebra once." I told her not 'til after high school; seems a bit disrespectful to the teachers. She had the same math teacher for Algebra II and Geometry, and then that teacher retired. I always tease Monica that she drove the poor woman into retirement.  ha2ha

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9569 on: October 28, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »

I was out today getting my deer fencing put up and right above me a Pileated Woodpecker landed in a small wild cherry tree and let out it's big jungle call" Oooo, Oooo Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhh! I was surprised but he didn't fly away and just watched me while he ate old grapes off of a old vine that grows wild through the trees. I guess he wanted me to know those were HIS grapes!

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mc9ad31d9394450be4e0c4d4173b2c04dH0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=210&h=166

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.Mb20ffc61b31073a10ba3e5ed828317b3o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:15:15 PM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9570 on: October 28, 2015, 07:56:47 PM »

^^^^

Cool, Dave! I think it's neat how close you are to wildlife at your place -- except for the bats.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9571 on: October 28, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »

My younger daughter has to have all 4 wisdom teeth out, and she's not too happy with her oral surgeon's surname: Deatherage.   ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #9572 on: October 28, 2015, 09:06:18 PM »

My younger daughter has to have all 4 wisdom teeth out, and she's not too happy with her oral surgeon's surname: Deatherage.   ha2ha

Interesting! That aside, I hope it's not too difficult for her. My kids had that done when they were quite young but they did well. I still have mine. It was weird being a 21 year old newlywed and cutting teeth! When's the surgery?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9573 on: October 28, 2015, 10:08:51 PM »

Interesting! That aside, I hope it's not too difficult for her. My kids had that done when they were quite young but they did well. I still have mine. It was weird being a 21 year old newlywed and cutting teeth! When's the surgery?

Oh, I didn't know wisdom teeth could come in as late as 21, Kelley. (How romantic to be a 21-year-old bride!) She's having them out on December 11, which is a Friday so she'll be going home to her dad's, so he gets to be the one to fuss over her. I wanted to do that (i.e., take care of spoil and make a fuss over her). I had mine out when I was 14, and it wasn't fun, but it wasn't too bad.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9574 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:27 AM »

I had that done when I was 16 or so! My jaw still snaps!

Oh, by the way... there was a proctologist in GA named Dr. Payne!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:13:59 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9575 on: November 03, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »

Eric Burdon could smile.

KelMar

« Reply #9576 on: November 03, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »

Oh, by the way... there was a proctologist in GA named Dr. Payne!

LOL Lucky for our dogs that they don't know any better because that is also the name of their vet! They love Dr. Payne. We have a vet right down the street but we switched for a number of reasons. The last one we saw here insisted that our little Boston Terrier wear a "party hat" otherwise known as a muzzle because Rosie nipped her the first time we saw her. That's not why we left but I was nervous the first time she saw Dr. Payne for that reason. He walked in and started singing to her and put his face right in hers. I thought, uh oh, but all she did was kiss him and she still does all the years later.

KelMar

« Reply #9577 on: November 05, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »

Who would ever imagine that producing a 10 page newsletter for 90 recipients could be so fraught with problems? But all I have to do now is stick the stamps on them and put them in the mailbox. I can't wait to see what goes wrong with that!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9578 on: November 06, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »

Who would ever imagine that producing a 10 page newsletter for 90 recipients could be so fraught with problems? But all I have to do now is stick the stamps on them and put them in the mailbox. I can't wait to see what goes wrong with that!

At least stamps are now self-sticking!  ;D   

KelMar

« Reply #9579 on: November 06, 2015, 04:28:26 AM »

At least stamps are now self-sticking!  ;D

True, that! But I forgot to swing by the post office and drop them in the box after work. When I pull out of our parking lot the post office is directly in front of me! I think I need help.
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 527

Page created in 0.821 seconds with 71 queries.