Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 34 years ago  (Read 1927 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
34 years ago
« on: April 04, 2020, 12:25:29 PM »

Many years ago, some friends and I all shared a love for the beatles and I decided one year, lets get Sgt Pepper costumes made for Halloween. I found a seamstress in Boston about 2 months before the date and we went with the cd insert from the album to show her and leave with her for color matching and details. She nailed it, we went back about a week before Halloween for final adjustments and we were blown away. The set of 4 costed us $100 each from memory, this was in 1986. So our foursome included two not yet 21 so we had to limit where we went on Halloween and decided on Celebrations in Kenmore Square, huge costume party with prizes, an underage club. From the moment we walked in, we were the center of the universe. Even a dude dressed as John Lennon, circa late 60’s, denim jacket, long hair , glasses and with his girlfriend/wife dressed as convincing Yoko in all white hung with us all night. We won the prize, $500 to be split. We used them again the next year, had to have two different stand-ins for the “Paul” and “George” parts , went to a different club, good time but no prize. BTW – I was John. Still have the costume, wish I could fit in it though…
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: 34 years ago
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 04:16:09 PM »

You guys looked great!

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »

You guys looked great!

thanks.  two of us has real facial hair, two did not, I was there but I think it is easy to see, maybe too critical.

here is another pic

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 10:08:11 PM »

Where's your cor anglais?

But really...

The resemblance is truly striking
I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 42 queries.