Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some Beatle Boots  (Read 2969 times)

Some Beatle Boots
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:46:40 PM »

I just got these today and they are outstanding. If you like the feel of being in the studio during the sessions, I highly recommend them, and they sound awesome. For those of you who like to accuse first and apologize later, let me be as clear as I can:
I AM NOT SELLING THESE, NOR AM I SHILLING FOR THE SELLER, IT IS SIMPLY A DESCRIPTION:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4701762271&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4701762237&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: Some Beatle Boots
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »

Interesting. Can you give some details about the second one, centering around the Help! era?

We should have a bootleg section here. Only serious collectors and fans would contribute!

I became a huge collector of vinyl boots in the 1980s. High quality vinyl boots only had a narrow window, in fact. Low qual vinyl boots abounded in the 70s, but the Ultra Rare Trax series stunned us all, and opened up floodgates (thanks, John Barrett!). Then a few years later, CDs took over almost overnight. There is only about ten years, tops, of high qual vinyl Beatlegs.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 02:59:48 AM »

Let me amend the review a bit. The 'Please Me Do' set is outstanding. 'Songs for Eleanor'--the sound quality ranges from fair to excellent. Not much new here, but one of my favorite songs is 'That Means Alot' and to have numerous versions of that alone makes it worthwhile. Also a good study into the song "Help". I'll give it a 7 out of 10.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 03:44:29 PM »

I thought you meant actual boots, as in shoes...

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »

lol

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 07:45:10 PM »

Groan

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 12:21:46 AM »

I am astounded at the quality of some bootlegs nowerdays, thaey just seem to get better and better! I bought a few at London Beatle day back in October and was really pleasantly surprised at the packaging and sound quality of them.

Whilst in Liverpool last August, I bought all of the "Alternative..." series (on Pear records!) - the research and sound quality is excellent on those. They have even brought out an Alternative One CD now... I bought that at London Beatle day!

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 01:02:43 AM »

Quote from: The_End
I am astounded at the quality of some bootlegs nowerdays, thaey just seem to get better and better! I bought a few at London Beatle day back in October and was really pleasantly surprised at the packaging and sound quality of them.

Whilst in Liverpool last August, I bought all of the "Alternative..." series (on Pear records!) - the research and sound quality is excellent on those. They have even brought out an Alternative One CD now... I bought that at London Beatle day!

Its amazing and a welcome change. I have blown some serious $$ over the past 25 years on bootlegs, just to have it be junk. Now, its a different ballgame. I bought 'Revolving' as well, but haven't received it yet. You're right though, everything from the studio chatter, to sniffles to the take is crystal clear.  The Unsurpassed Masters Series is also a good investment, especially now that they have stereo versions of most of the early takes. They used to just be available in Mono.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 03:30:13 PM »

Oh my I must be showing my age I thought you were talking about "foot wear"! I use to have a pair of Beatle boots they had elastic on the sides so you could squeeze your foot into them! Cost me $50.00 in 66!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 03:35:58 PM »

Quote from: apple_sauce
Oh my I must be showing my age I thought you were talking about "foot wear"! I use to have a pair of Beatle boots they had elastic on the sides so you could squeeze your foot into them! Cost me $50.00 in 66!

I can remember going to a shop mid 60's and trying on a plastic beatles wig.
don't follow leaders

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 04:14:06 AM »

Didn't fall prey to that one! But the boots were on my wish list from the time I saw the lads wearing them!

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 52 queries.