Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Which albums complete the catalog?  (Read 3019 times)

Which albums complete the catalog?
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »

Hello, I have collected all the UK Beatles albums from "Please Please Me" to "Let It Be".  I'm trying to get all their songs to make one huge DVD audio disc that has all their songs on it.  Not interested in different versions of the same song, repetitions etc.

What's confusing me is all the singles that didn't make it on to these albums, plus I guess I have to add the US version of Magical Mystery Tour.

Anyone have an idea of what else I need?  Past Masters?  Rarities?  Red & Blue?  Lots of songs on these that are already on the albums I have.  Don't want the same song twice.

Most of the websites I see list all the singles and a huge amount of info about them except which albums they have been released on!

Anyways, thanks in advance.  Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Mark

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Which albums complete the catalog?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:43:36 PM »

If you've got Magical Mystery Tour and the two Past Masters CDs, you have all the single and EP tracks that weren't on the regular albums.

The Anthology CDs and the Live at the BBC box include a lot of songs (but also a lot of different versions of regular songs) that weren't officially available until the 1990s.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »

Yes all of the 13 albums you own and Past Masters 1&2 (There are only a couple of slightly different versions on them but I'm sure you can take them off), if you want Free As A Bird and Real Love I'm sure that the singles can be found on E-Bay.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:32:41 PM »

Quote from: uglyamerican
I'm trying to get all their songs to make one huge DVD audio disc that has all their songs on it.  Not interested in different versions of the same song, repetitions etc.

You've been given good advice but you have also to decide if you want original songs that were never released and cover versions that were never released in the sixties.

On the BBC album there's a Lennon McCartney original that you don't find anywhere else (I'll Be On My Way) and many cover versions unavailable elsewhere (Lay down Your Arms is a good one).

On Anthology there are a few songs you can't find anywhere else ( You Know What To Do and Not Guilty by George, That Means a Lot by Paul, What's The New Mary Jane by John, If You've Got Trouble by Ringo).

So if you really want 'all their songs' you should buy those albums too.
But if you're not so determined you should limit yourself to 'all their songs available in the sixties'.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »

Thank you everyone, very much!  That was really helpful and quite painless.  Right, I only want the stuff released in the sixties, so I guess I'm set.  Thanks all.

Mark

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:11:16 PM »

OK just the sixties.

So all you have to do is intersperse the albums with appropiate single and EP material from the different periods (the stuff from past masters).

Do you need any advice as what to put where?

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 11:16:34 PM »

Sure, why not?  I'll take all the help I can get.  Thank you.  Mark

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 12:19:57 AM »

This is what the forums is about!!!!...nice...All the best people.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »

So I've deleted everything on "A Collection of Beatles Oldies" that is repeated on another album and also did the same for "Past Masters".  I was thinking about just putting everything from "Past Masters" into the "A Collection of Beatles Oldies" folder.  Or should I sort them by the release date of the album they are most closely associated with and put each one with that album?

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Thanks.

Mark

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

Here is the correct running order for your audio DVD or iPod - this is based on the UK release dates from 1962 to 1970 (excluding Tony Sheridan tracks, Decca Auditions, Star Club, Hollywood Bowl, BBC and Anthology recordings):

I HAVE TYPED THIS LIST UP MYSELF, SO IF ANYONE SPOTS A MISTAKE PLEASE GIVE ME A SHOUT! CHEERS - AL[/b] ;D

Albums listed in BOLD, important EPs listed in italics

Love Me Do (Past Masters CD version) c/w PS I Love You

Please Please Me c/w Ask Me Why
PLEASE PLEASE ME - exclude PS I Love You, Please Please Me and Ask Me Why (possibly exclude Love Me Do but it IS a different version)
From Me To You c/w Thank You Girl - (from Past Masters CD)
She Loves You c/w I'll Get You - (from Past Masters CD)
WITH THE BEATLES
I Want To Hold Your Hand c/w This Boy - (from Past Masters CD)

Can't Buy Me Love c/w You Can't Do That
Long Tall Sally EP - tracks: Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name, Slow Down & Matchbox - these are on Past Masters 1
A Hard Day's Night c/w Things We Said Today
A HARD DAY'S NIGHT - exclude Can't Buy Me Love, You Can't Do That, A Hard Day's Night and Things We Said Today
I Feel Fine c/w She's A Woman - (from Past Masters CD)
BEATLES FOR SALE

Ticket To Ride c/w Yes It Is  - (Yes It Is can be found on Past Masters CD)
Help! c/w I'm Down  - (I'm Down can be found on Past Masters CD)
HELP! - exclude Ticket To Ride and Help!
Day Tripper c/w We Can Work It Out  - (from Past Masters CD)
RUBBER SOUL

Paperback Writer c/w Rain - (from Past Masters CD)
Eleanor Rigby c/w Yellow Submarine - released same day as REVOLVER so don't add these use whole of LP tracklisting
REVOLVER
COLLECTION OF BEATLES OLDIES - use Bad Boy only  - (from Past Masters CD)

Strawberry Fields Forever c/w Penny Lane - can be found on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR CD
SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
All You Need Is Love c/w Baby You're A Rich Man  - can be found on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR CD
Hello Goodbye c/w I Am The Walrus - can be found on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR CD
Magical Mystery Tour EP - tracks: Magical Mystery Tour, Your Mother Should Know, The Fool On The Hill, Flying, Blue Jay Way (exclude I Am The Walrus) - can be found on MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR CD

Lady Madonna c/w The Inner Light - (from Past Masters CD)
Hey Jude c/w Revolution - (from Past Masters CD)
THE BEATLES (WHITE ALBUM) (possibly exclude Revolution #1)

YELLOW SUBMARINE - use these tracks only: Only A Northern Song, All Together Now, Hey Bulldog & It's All Too Much
Get Back c/w Don't Let Me Down - (from Past Masters CD)
The Ballad Of John And Yoko c/w Old Brown Shoe - (from Past Masters CD)
ABBEY ROAD
Something c/w Come Together - don't use these as they are on Abbey Road LP
NO ONE'S GONNA CHANGE OUR WORLD - use Across The Universe from Past Masters CD

Let It Be c/w You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - use Past Masters version of Let It Be  - (You Know My Name can be found on Past Masters CD)
LET IT BE - (possibly exclude Get Back, Let It Be and Across The Universe - these are all slightly different versions)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 08:07:15 PM »

Well done T.E.
You've done a fine job.
I can't see any mistakes myself.

I'd probably keep the albums like HELP as an entity and add on the single B sides at the end.
I'd also put Bad Boy earlier on since it obvously dated from before 66.I always thought it went well with the Long tall Sally EP stuff.

To avoid too much repetition at the end I'd skip the wild life Acrosss the Universe and I'd not even put the Let It Be single  version on.But right at the end I'd put the Let It Be album in reverse order with side two then side one so the whole thing ends up with Let it Be which always seemed to me the appropriate last Beatles song.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 08:28:32 AM »

Quote from: zipp
I'd probably keep the albums like HELP as an entity and add on the single B sides at the end.
I'd also put Bad Boy earlier on since it obvously dated from before 66.I always thought it went well with the Long tall Sally EP stuff.

Good point actually! I have now made up this actual playlist and, as Bad Boy was recorded in 1965, I've found it sits very nicely straight after Dizzy Miss Lizzy - both Larry Williams tracks as well (as is Slow Down, of course).

Some little facts about my version of the playlist...

If you include all of the "possibly exlude" songs in my list, there are a total of 216 tracks which if played  back to back would last for 9 hours 56 minutes and 30 seconds!

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »

Quote from: The_End

Good point actually! I have now made up this actual playlist and, as Bad Boy was recorded in 1965, I've found it sits very nicely straight after Dizzy Miss Lizzy - both Larry Williams tracks as well (as is Slow Down, of course).

Some little facts about my version of the playlist...

If you include all of the "possibly exlude" songs in my list, there are a total of 216 tracks which if played  back to back would last for 9 hours 56 minutes and 30 seconds!

Look, that's facts we're interested in!  ;D But seriously, thanks for this list Al!

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:03:39 AM »

Quote from: The_End

Does that mean that if you add Ain't She Sweet and Cry For A Shadow (which of course were available in the sixties) it makes up a pretty tidy ten hours?

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »

Quote from: zipp

Does that mean that if you add Ain't She Sweet and Cry For A Shadow (which of course were available in the sixties) it makes up a pretty tidy ten hours?

Yep! :)

Page created in 1.832 seconds with 63 queries.