Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Why I knew President Bush would win re-election.  (Read 7600 times)

Wayne L.

Why I knew President Bush would win re-election.
« on: November 03, 2004, 12:29:57 PM »

I predicated President Bush would win re-election against John Kerry not just because of the war on terrorism at the moment but also because nobody takes what those of the fringe liberal left Democrats in Hollywood like Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Moore & Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks has to say seriously when it comes to politics besides one so called Hollywood star actually believes he is president & not just on TV which means he's mentally unstable.  BTW, John didn't alienate Beatles fans being a peace activist with his bed-ins & comments because he made some sense along with some nonsense without looking like a complete idiot.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Why I knew President Bush would win re-election.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 08:26:03 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=0 date=1099484997]but also because nobody takes what those of the fringe liberal left Democrats in Hollywood like Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Moore & Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks has to say[/quote]

Yeah, and that's why absolutely NOBODY voted for Kerry...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 09:24:44 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=0 date=1099484997]I predicated President Bush would win re-election against John Kerry not just because of the war on terrorism at the moment but also because nobody takes what those of the fringe liberal left Democrats in Hollywood like Barbra Streisand, Martin Sheen, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Moore & Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks has to say seriously when it comes to politics besides one so called Hollywood star actually believes he is president & not just on TV which means he's mentally unstable.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

I think its pretty funny.
Its out of our hands, so turn to humour.
All these Pro-Kerry fans, getting their hopes up..but lets face it..Bush is a bloody criminal..of course he will win!

Its a shame, but life.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 02:00:48 AM »

Well only one in ten 18 to 24 year olds voted! What's up with that?? I think that was a BIG factor in Kerry's losing. It's their future too. I don't get it. I couldn't wait to vote when I turned 18. What's the deal with all these lazy, apathetic people?  And Wayne, get real, Hollywood didn't make Kerry lose. If anything, the reason he came so close was because these people got the word out. I couldn't care less about their point of view, but at least they're trying to create interest among young people. Obviously though it didn't work.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 05:29:14 AM »

Actually the 17% youth vote is the same as in 2000 (I seriously thought it would be far bigger because of the draft).  My 21 year old daughter voted for the first time with me.  It -was- exciting, my first vote, especially when you have something at stake (your future). 

The pundits are saying that the youth were out there but that the religious right was so mobilized because of the ballot props against gay marraige that in Ohio alone, 5 out of 6 were not going to bother voting at all or were still undecided about who to vote for, but once they felt compelled to defeat gay marriage they voted for Bush, which most people didn't see coming.  But the GOP did, and it was a brilliant strategy.  f***ed up, but brilliant.

Anyway the youth were simply drowned out by those zealots.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 05:40:14 AM »

But the point is not enough of the younger people came out to vote. Of course they were drowned out. 17% is pathetic. Especially when there are such issues the will directly effect them. But I get what you're saying about the the gay marriage issue. Religious nuts heads would explode at the very thought. Anyway, there's a lot of theories floating around about this election. Most likely it's a combination of all.

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 09:10:54 PM »

I predicted George W. Bush would win re-election against John Kerry by about 4 or 5 points five months ago which proves I was right whether you agree with me or not RICKENBACKER325.  I think if you have somebody like so called 80's rock legend Jon Bon Jovi supporting you for president as Kerry did you are asking for defeat because you can't take him seriously as an artist.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 01:39:03 PM »

You still dont get it. Whether you like Bon Jovi or Springsteen is not the issue. Their supporting Kerry had nothing to do with artistic integrity. They appeal to working middle class, and union workers like myself  from the east and midwest. Where both artists are still revered, and by that I mean most workers today are the "kids" from the 80s and the older workers remember Bruce from his "Darkness on the edge of town" and "Born to run" days  and those "kids" from the 80's also like Springsteen from the "Born in the USA" days. So he appeals to both age groups. This is why both were helpful in reaching some voters.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 09:20:31 PM »

Well Wayne, I'm still waiting for the reason why Bon Jovi and Springsteen were so detractive from the Kerry effort, other than the fact you dont like either, and cant take them seriously as musicians.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 04:43:13 PM »

Pretty much every well-known musician (except of course that a**hole Kid Rock and a few country singers of course) supported Kerry... Way to pick out one of the worst of them all... Jon Bon Jovi...

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 09:55:55 PM »

What would John have done?  For some reason I dont think Bush!

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 11:22:07 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=11 date=1099950955]What would John have done?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 12:16:20 PM »

[quote by=RICKENBACKER325 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1099484997,s=9 date=1099862431]Well Wayne, I'm still waiting for the reason why Bon Jovi and Springsteen were so detractive from the Kerry effort, other than the fact you dont like either, and cant take them seriously as musicians.[/quote]

Yeah, me too. Never did get that answer about Kofi Anan.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

strutter84

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 07:41:03 PM »

John Lennon definitely would have voted for Kerry were he still alive, and was able to vote.  Somehow I don't see him in support of sending thousands of young people to their demise for the cause of making Bushes back pocket even fatter than it already is.

And Wayne obviously must think that Bushes supporting famous people were far better than Kerry's.  There was crazy racist senator Zel Miller, The Governator, who can't even speak english, insane religious nut Mel Gibson, and loony gun nut Ted Nugent.  All of Bushes supporters stand for something that's wrong with the world today.

This election made me ashamed to be an American.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 09:49:37 PM »

I'm proud to be an American.  I'm very disappointed in the election and I thought people would use theyre heads, but I'm still proud to be an American.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 09:58:54 PM »

I think it's stupid to be proud of your nationality, no matter what your nationality is (no offense). I like my country and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but I'm not proud of being Dutch because I didn't have to do anything for it.

I'm proud of the cd's I've made with my bands, I'm proud of the person I am and I'm proud that I have my current job for half a year now even though me boss originally wanted to keep me for just 3 months. Because these are things I had to acchieve. I could never be proud of my nationality, my gender or my skin color or something like that because I didn't have to do anything for those things. To me that's just as pointless as saying you're proud of having brown hair or something...

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2004, 10:56:50 PM »

..Well...you are Dutch.

Just joking. :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 12:23:15 AM »

I'm a child of the earth or some would say......mongrel. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 12:30:16 AM »

maybe i should have phrased it as grateful to be an American.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 81 queries.