Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Denny Laine Go Fund Me  (Read 729 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Denny Laine Go Fund Me
« on: November 02, 2023, 07:01:22 AM »

While trawling social media I noticed Denny Laine has a Go Fund Me page to raise $100,000 due to medical issues.

Denny’s hopelessness with money is almost legendary but it still boggles the mind that someone who had writing credits on huge selling Wings records, including a co write on Mull of Kintyre, which is or was the best selling single of all time in the UK, could find themselves so impecunious as the need to crowd fund money.

The other point of interest is that he and Paul’s relationship mustn’t be very good. A few hundred thousand is pocket change to Paul and you’d think if they were on good terms he’d be the one helping him out.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: Denny Laine Go Fund Me
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 12:27:49 AM »

Wow !!
I always imagine these famous rock stars to be rolling in money. Was he on £70 a week working for Paul like the rest ?

MOK royalties must've been high though. Not to mention his work on Band On The Run.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Denny Laine Go Fund Me
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 02:04:53 AM »

Wow !!
I always imagine these famous rock stars to be rolling in money. Was he on £70 a week working for Paul like the rest ?

MOK royalties must've been high though. Not to mention his work on Band On The Run.

I heard he sold the rights to Mull to Paul in the 80s when he was in financial trouble. So clearly it didn’t get him out. But regardless yeah he’d still have made a mint from all the wings stuff. Must be just terrible with money. Perhaps investing in ostrich egg futures or something did him in.

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 37 queries.