Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Stones Concert  (Read 1999 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Stones Concert
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:51:24 AM »

I just got back from seeing the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl. It was pretty good! It started off kinda slow, but then they started to finally play their classic stuff. They had a stupid opening act though which I think is ridiculous. No one wants to see anyone else but them, so why bother. I can't believe I actually had to sit through the freaking annoying Joss Stone. She sucked. I cannot stand her affected singing. I wanted to scream SHUT UP!!! the whole time. And then she had the nerve to sing Under Pressure. Ewwww! Anyway, the Stones rocked and it was cool. They didn't do an encore though which was weird. They didn't play two of my favorite songs either of course. Gimme Shelter and Beast of Burden. That always happens to me. But still, it was cool just because it was them. You Can't Always Get What You Want and Sypathy For the Devil wer great. The stage almost disapeared from all the smoke during Sympathy. Very cool. Lots of fire works too. And I know I'm demented for thinking this, but DAMN Mick Jagger is sexy! He's got such freaking charisma, it's easy to see why he's got so many damn women (and men) that want him. Yes, I'm crazy, but my female friends all agreed. He's got something. Okay, just thought I'd share.

Oh, and I won't even tell you about the guy we were talking to before the show that said he never really 'got' Paul McCartney and never was into the Beatles. What a twit!! Maybe it's true, you're either a Stones person or a Beatles person. I like that Stones and all, but they can NOT hold a candle to our BEATLES!!!

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Stones Concert
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 05:36:10 PM »

I saw the stones a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. my favourite song they performed was Sypathy For The Devil, it just seemed that Mick had so much energy doing that song. I was really hoping they would play Star Star but they didn't, Oh well wont be the las tour they do.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 06:24:54 PM »

Mick was awesome. I can't believe the guy is in his 60's. He has more energy than a lot of people half his age that I know! Amazing. But man, those wrinkles. Whenever I looked in the binoculars, I was shocked. But mostly by Keith.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »

Sounds like you had fun, Sandra. I'm happy for you. Happy and not the least bit jealous. :P
Not a Joss Stone fan, eh? Oh well.
And as for Mick Jagger, he does have a kind of animal magnetism. Heh heh. I know I once said that I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, but that's in regards to his... history.
Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed  the show. I'm still bitter about my mother turning down Stones tickets. That would be so awesome to see such a legendary live band. Where were your seats?
You seriously need to come around here more often. I love all of your posts.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 10:31:48 PM »

Joss Stone's voice went through me like a wet cat being swung around by its tail. And the no shoes thing is enough already. She bored me. But that's all personal preference. I'm not actually comparing her to a wet cat, that's just how she effects me.
My seats SUCKED!! We were way in the back. But at least the guy next to us let us use his binoculars. For McCartney, we're on the floor. Hopefully much closer than these seats. AND I'm definately buying binoculars by then. I have a feeling I won't be as effected by Paul in the same way as i was by Mick. I mean, just Mick's dancing, the way he talks and the way he moves is so enigmatic. I can't even explain it. Paul's got a cuteness, but Mick has something a litttle more primal going of for him. Yet I was bored for the first part of the show. i know I won't be bored a second of McCartney. Oh, but if it were Paul 20 or 30 years ago, I'd be passed out on the floor. I'd probably be as hysterical as those girls in the old videos!

PS
Come around more often?? I feel like I'm always here!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 10:34:41 PM »

Wow, Stones AND McCartney!! You're lucky!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 10:41:32 PM »

I missed U2 though and I heard on the news that it was awesome. They had a female tribute band come up and play with them! At least I think it was female. That's what my friend said. If I ever get to see them it will be a miracle. I've been trying since the late 80's, and it just has NEVER worked out!! Isn't McCartney going to Canada this year? When's the last time he was there. You really should have told your mom to take those tickets for the Stones!! It was so cool. Just because they're so legendary. It was weird that most of the time I was thinking: They knew the Beatles! They were there when the Beatles recorded ADITL and AYNIL! They were friends with John! And so on. Funny, I didn't do that when I saw the Who though and I guess they are just as big. Sort of.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:03:57 PM »

Yeah, McCartney's going to Montreal and Toronto.. I'm from Nova Scotia, though. U2 is coming to, um, is it New Brunswick, I think? Anyways, my local newspaper is running a contest to win tickets. My mom and dad both like them.
I did see "The Beach Boys" and Avril Lavigne this summer, though. Beach Boys seats weren't great, but the Avril ones were awesome. I won them they were 5th row so I was like 20 feet away from her. You probably ahte Avril though. Haha.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 12:55:28 AM »

The Stones show I saw with Buddy Guy opening was incredible.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 01:04:22 AM »

I think Bryan Adams was opening in the local show.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 01:26:08 AM »

When I hear joss sone speak i wanna grab a baseball bat and smack the pretentiousness out of her.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 04:04:12 AM »

^Exacatly.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 04:08:15 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
The Stones show I saw with Buddy Guy opening was incredible.

No fair. Why we got stuck with that screaching phony is beyond me. I heard Pearl Jam was opening for them at some dates. How freaking cool would that have been.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2005, 01:42:57 AM »

I'm deliberatetly NOT reading this thread as I am SO jealous!!!

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 06:26:56 AM »

I don't really want to make a new thread for this but did anyone see Robert Plant on his tour? I went and I thought it was pretty good. He did No Quarter which I was really happy about because its one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs, I kinda found his solo stuff boring though.

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 01:36:15 PM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
I don't really want to make a new thread for this but did anyone see Robert Plant on his tour? I went and I thought it was pretty good. He did No Quarter which I was really happy about because its one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs, I kinda found his solo stuff boring though.

I saw him too, he was great...It was great to see him play whole lotta love...he played the songs ''shine it all around'' and ''freedom fries'' from his new album(mighty rearranger) and I don't think it was boring...it was really great IMO...

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 07:45:03 PM »

I love his new album but he didnt come near me

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 10:24:15 PM »

Maybe I just haven't given the album a chance really, I'll try giving it a good listen

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 04:33:50 PM »

I caught the Petco Park concert on friday.....amazing frontman Mick still is

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 74 queries.