Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Super Bowl Super Fizzle  (Read 1005 times)

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
Super Bowl Super Fizzle
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:12:44 PM »

Anybody else watch the Stones?  Keith looked like he'd forgotten where he was.  And I wasn't thrilled about the song selection (Start Me Up, Rough Justice and Satisfaction).  

Mick just had to do a new song to promote the new record.  It seemed pretty blah.  

At one point you could see the stage clock with 2:53 seconds to go and they had done all the verses to Satisfaction and Mick had to ride the clock out.

Weak.

Paul kicked ass by comparison.  

I think the 1985 Bears would have been a better call than the Stones.  BTW they're reuniting.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39118

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Super Bowl Super Fizzle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:44:23 AM »

I thought it was alright I had a hunch they would do Start Me Up and I was pretty sure the would do Rough Justice, nothing wrong with promoting the new album since it is a good one. I loved the line Mick said before Satisfaction, "We could of done this song in Superbowl 1 but hey whatever"

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:59:30 AM »

Meh never really liked the stones anyways, And Mick Jagger seems like a jerk.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »

I was pretty sure Start Me Up and something from the new album.  But I didn't think Satisfaction.  I'd rather have heard Brown Sugar or Honky Town Women or Jumpin Jack Flash.  

They just felt kinda sluggish.  Like a warmup.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 01:17:31 AM »

ya they were no good

Paul McCartney :)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 12:24:42 AM »

I was really hoping for Brown Sugar as an opener, and You Can't Always Get What You Want as a closer, so they could have the whole crowd sing along if they needed to eat up the clock.  But I enjoyed it.

EDIT: However, yes, McCartney's was much better.  He didn't move so much and lose his breath, I liked his song selection (though something unexpected like 1985 would have kicked ass), he timed it well so he didn't have to overdo any of the songs, and McCartney kicks ass to begin with :)

lennon-legend

• Getting Better
  • Imagine...
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 12:55:55 AM »

Quote from: Frightwolf
I was really hoping for Brown Sugar as an opener, and You Can't Always Get What You Want as a closer, so they could have the whole crowd sing along if they needed to eat up the clock.  But I enjoyed it.

I dunno, i don't see Brown Sugar as an opener...but they should have played it...As an opener I was hoping for Jumping Jack Flash, but I knew they were gonna do Start Me up, which is also a good opener I guess...I would have probably chosen something looking like this :

Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Rough Justice (new album song)
Miss You or Wild Horses
Satisfaction (probably their most known song by people who aren't necessary big fans..)

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 01:03:13 AM »

Quote from: lennon_legend

I dunno, i don't see Brown Sugar as an opener...but they should have played it...As an opener I was hoping for Jumping Jack Flash, but I knew they were gonna do Start Me up, which is also a good opener I guess...I would have probably chosen something looking like this :

Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Rough Justice (new album song)
Miss You or Wild Horses
Satisfaction (probably their most known song by people who aren't necessary big fans..)

Jumping Jack Flash would have been nice, but Brown Sugar has got a nice guitar intro and leads straight into one of the rockiest rockers I've ever heard.  "Just around midnight! Brown sugar! How come you taste so good?!" I mean, it seemed like such a good choice! Bah
 :-/

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 04:32:34 AM »

They probably did 'Start Me Up' because you hear it during just about every kickoff at a football game. I thought they did a good Stones-ish mini-set. They only had 12 minutes, and every day that Keef is vertical is a good one as far as I'm concerned.

Page created in 0.746 seconds with 50 queries.