Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Expected in 2007  (Read 1699 times)

Bobber

Expected in 2007
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »

Beatlesdays has a forecast on some things to happen in 2007. What do you think?

It's 45 years ago this very day that THE BEATLES went into the DECCA studios for their audition, which they ultimately failed. As the year progressed, 1962 eventually saw the release of LOVE ME DO as their first single on PARLOPHONE, so this is a good year for anniversaries.

We all know that the entire BEATLES back catalogue is currently undergoing a complete overhaul, with everything being remastered ready for a legal release online. This means that we should see reissues of all the albums sometime this year, but will it mean a special deluxe version of SGT. PEPPER in June to mark the 40th anniversary, similar to the one afforded to PET SOUNDS in 2006?

The old chestnut of "Will they release HELP!, SHEA STADIUM, MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR and LET IT BE on DVD" is always a question near the top of the list. The recovered audio tapes from the LET IT BE filming sessions have been used to finally add the soundtrack to hours of footage shot at the time and our sources tell us that this will be added as a bonus to the LET IT BE DVD, but will it be in the shops in 2007?

Also expected is a DVD of the LOVE musical, hopefully with more footage of the mixing sessions with SIR GEORGE and GILES MARTIN, as used in the recent BBC documentary.

As for solo projects, the recent documentary THE US vs JOHN LENNON is expected to be released on DVD and PAUL McCARTNEY is reportedly undertaking a tour this year, with dates expected in Europe and Britain, so there's a possible CD and DVD release to start with.

OLIVIA and DHANI HARRISON are reportedly all set to release a TRAVELING WILBURYS set, which will include the first album and also a DVD of rare footage from the sessions, as well as the relevant promo films. Also rumoured to be on the cards from the HARRISON camp is a DVD of the 1974 US Tour, with never before seen film of GEORGE both on and off stage.

As for RINGO, we have heard no rumours of any tours, but it would be nice to see the ALL STARR BAND in concert over here in Britain at some point. RINGO is, of course, making an ANTHOLOGY-style documentary, telling his side of the story, which hopefully will be out as well this year.

As we also reported recently, there are some major events up in Liverpool this year to mark the 50th anniversary of the opening of the CAVERN CLUB and the day that JOHN met PAUL.

The CAVERN'S 50th Birthday Party is to be marked by a private function on 16th January (hopefully the BEATLESDAYS team will be there!), as well as several shows by some of the original Mersey Beat groups, organised by KINGSIZE TAYLOR and his SOUNDS OF THE SIXTIES

The day when JOHN met PAUL will be marked in July by a recreation of the Church Fete in Woolton, with THE QUARRY MEN expected to perform there once again.

Finally, a new CD from THE PETE BEST BAND is also on the cards!

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Expected in 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

Wayne has already predicted that sadly the last tour was Macca's final, and I'm sticking with Nostrodamus.
don't follow leaders

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:03 PM »

On the subject of the recent "Love" documentary on the BBC - did anyone happen to tape it as I bloody forgot it was on and switched over to cathc the rolling credits! I swore so loud I woke up the Mrs!!! ;D

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:19:58 PM »

I've taped it - but locating blank tapes is a real task in this house ... hopefully some bloody episode of Poirot hasn't been copied over it :(
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »

Quote from: 185
Wayne has already predicted that sadly the last tour was Macca's final, and I'm sticking with Nostrodamus.

I at least don't think he'll plan anything until he's sorted out the wife.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

Quote from: 360
On the subject of the recent "Love" documentary on the BBC - did anyone happen to tape it as I bloody forgot it was on and switched over to cathc the rolling credits! I swore so loud I woke up the Mrs!!! ;D

This seems to be a torrent to the show: http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=3791067630be65c3e7ab03931b663c63643e75249768

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »

Nice one! Thanks Cor - I'll have a crack at downloading this tonight!

It's bad because I also promised someone in New York that I'd tape it for him and send it over!! DOH!!

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »

Not sure if it works tho. It says it's 352 mB.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 01:48:46 PM »

Quote from: 63
Not sure if it works tho. It says it's 352 mB.

Doesn't work for me.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 04:04:23 PM »

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 04:19:19 PM »

^Thanks ... by the way, is it a 49.21 minutes clip in AVI format?  8)

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 55 queries.