Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Phil Spector Trial  (Read 1537 times)

Bobber

Phil Spector Trial
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »

Copied and pasted:

Phil Spector murder trial set to start

For decades, famed music producer Phil Spector was a recluse, hiding in his hilltop suburban castle. It took the gunshot death there of a glamorous actress who starred in a cult movie to force him out into the Hollywood spotlight.

"'I think I killed somebody,'" Spector was quoted as saying by his chauffeur, Adriano De Souza. The chauffeur also told a grand jury that Spector had emerged from his mansion holding a gun, with blood on his hands.

De Souza said he asked what happened and Spector responded: "'I don't know.'"

On Monday, the search begins for jurors to decide if the 66-year-old Spector is guilty of murdering Lana Clarkson on Feb. 3, 2003, after taking her home with him from the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip.

Clarkson was found slumped dead in a chair in the foyer, her teeth blown out by a gunshot to her mouth.

The coroner's office called it a homicide

BlueMeanie

Re: Phil Spector Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »

Only in America could it take a month and a half to select the jury!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:10:21 PM »

Spector has produced some brilliant records in the past but let's
admit it, he's a maniac!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »

Quote from: 483
Only in America could it take a month and a half to select the jury!
America's justice system is pathetic. I've unfortunately had to deal with it recently regarding a friend's case. My advice is, don't get accused of anything, ever. Even if you're innocent, you'll spend 18 months in jail awaiting trial, with no health care unless someone on the outside threatens to sue. This place is really screwed up.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:48:11 PM »

Quote from: 551
Even if you're innocent, you'll spend 18 months in jail awaiting trial, with no health care unless someone on the outside threatens to sue.

If you threaten to sue they'll probably stick you in Guantanamo Bay.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 07:32:05 PM »

After hearing what he did to poor Ronnie, not to mention threatening several other people with guns, I think it's extremely likely that Spector is guilty. He admittedly suffers from severe bipolar disorder, and could quite easily flip out, kill a woman, and not realize what he had done.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:04:35 AM »

I don't know about the not realizing what he did thing. I think he knows exactly what he did. Being bipolar doesn't mean you're not responsible for your actions. If he even is bipolar. I think he's just an a**hole. Some people are violent for no reason what so ever. Other than the fact that they're just mean and nasty. And if he is blaming it on being bipolar, well, there's treatment for biopolar disorder. So again, there's no excuse.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 07:01:32 PM »

Well I don't know too much about bipolar disorder so you're probably right. I wasn't defending him or anything though. It seems like some of the most brilliant or talented people were off their rocker.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »

Bi-polar just means you experiance life more intensely than others. Being a p*ss head don't help none either.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »

I think an important piece of Phil's defense will be the exclusion of all the evidence of him pulling guns on people in the past (including John Lennon).  Phil will be lucky if he ends up in a mental institution.  Poor gal he took home.  She had no idea what she was getting into.    

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 59 queries.