Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: You Won't See Me- Cover  (Read 5096 times)

JuanAnthony

• One And One Is Two
You Won't See Me- Cover
« on: December 29, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »

Hello!!

I am a musician and, above all, a Beatle's fan from Murcia(Spain).
I would like to know your opinion about this song from Rubber Soul I have recorded at my home studio with two friends (one of them plays the drums and the other plays the guitar and sings).

Regards!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRXyOrcJHU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwRXyOrcJHU</a>

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: You Won't See Me- Cover
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:39:11 PM »

A very faithful version with great vocals. Well done. icon_good

One small thing; the line 'Though the days are few, they're filled with tears' doesn't come across quite right, especially the word 'tears'.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:20:25 PM »

Yes, very well done, Juan..  The bass line is superb!  Is that you on bass?

Welcome to the Forum.
I can stay till it's time to go

JuanAnthony

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

A very faithful version with great vocals. Well done. icon_good

One small thing; the line 'Though the days are few, they're filled with tears' doesn't come across quite right, especially the word 'tears'.

Thank you so much! My friend is great in vocals, but sometimes he takes the songs to his own style or preference. That's why he makes slight changes. We don't want the covers to sound exactly as the originals.

JuanAnthony

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 06:43:16 PM »

Yes, very well done, Juan..  The bass line is superb!  Is that you on bass?

Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you! Yes, that's me in the bass. And it's a very McCartnian tricky bass line, especially with a Thunderbird. I seriously need to get a short-scale Hofner or Fender Mustang bass ;D

Happy new year!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:07:27 AM »

Thank you! Yes, that's me in the bass. And it's a very McCartnian tricky bass line, especially with a Thunderbird. I seriously need to get a short-scale Hofner or Fender Mustang bass ;D

Happy new year!

Happy New Year, Juan.

Yes, I saw that you were very faithful to Paul's melodic bass line.  I've been playing guitar since I was a teenager and years ago I bought this 1963 Gretsch Country Gentleman...

But six years ago I decided to learn bass guitar.  I went to my local Guitar Center and tried out a Rickenbacker 4003 and a Hofner 500/1.  The short-scale Hofner was much easier to handle so I ordered this Vintage '62...

I play with a pick as you do.

Please post more of your group's covers.

Barry

I can stay till it's time to go

JuanAnthony

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 11:34:17 PM »

Happy New Year, Juan.

Yes, I saw that you were very faithful to Paul's melodic bass line.  I've been playing guitar since I was a teenager and years ago I bought this 1963 Gretsch Country Gentleman...

But six years ago I decided to learn bass guitar.  I went to my local Guitar Center and tried out a Rickenbacker 4003 and a Hofner 500/1.  The short-scale Hofner was much easier to handle so I ordered this Vintage '62...

I play with a pick as you do.

Please post more of your group's covers.

Barry

Amazing and pretty Hofner! I really need one! But I am happy just to have one of the cheap modern models for 300$.

And here you can see the first cover we did": "Your Mother Should Know". We didn't have a drummer so we use a MIDI keyboard. We have added real drums to the song and it will be published later with the other songs. We are currently working on "Nowhere Man", "I'm Only Sleeping" and "Here, There and Everywhere". I will let you all know about them.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-ZL-LMmrXw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-ZL-LMmrXw</a>

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »

The cover of YWSM was awesome!!

Page created in 0.494 seconds with 50 queries.