Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Russia invades Ukraine.  (Read 10707 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The War Against Russia
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2022, 09:55:16 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3N_2r6R-o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3N_2r6R-o</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHV4DEvattM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHV4DEvattM</a>

"I am convinced that such a natural and necessary cleansing of society will only strengthen our country"

I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2022, 01:44:05 PM »

Barry, to continue your post https://rutube.ru/video/9b8b30f34c4e58f5a7701c63de4ef692/
concert in Moscow and Putin's speech in honor of the 8th anniversary of the reunification of Crimea with Russia.
If one've been poisoned and need to vomit, then you can watch this concert  :-X

Many people were forcibly driven there. They work in state budget companies. I know because I know some of them.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2022, 02:13:02 PM »

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2022, 03:17:07 PM »

Barry, to continue your post https://rutube.ru/video/9b8b30f34c4e58f5a7701c63de4ef692/
concert in Moscow and Putin's speech in honor of the 8th anniversary of the reunification of Crimea with Russia.

Nice concert.

Who was that funny guy who forgot his guitar and couldn't sing?

Tamara

• A Beginning

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2022, 11:18:10 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4-AoXSl1A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4-AoXSl1A</a>

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2022, 02:00:25 AM »

Hi Dmitry
Can I ask you... Do you guys in Moscow see the bombed out apartment buildings/Theatres/Kindy's in the various places in Ukraine and the 3 million Ukranian refugee's crossing into Poland and other places ? The dead children etc or is it hidden from the Russian public ?

And, are the Wests sanctions having an effect on your daily lives ?

Cheers.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2022, 02:16:51 AM »

If one've been poisoned and need to vomit, then you can watch this concert  :-X

Yes, Dmitry.  That concert would be a good non-medicinal emetic.

Many people were forcibly driven there. They work in state budget companies. I know because I know some of them.

I'm sure they were. 

It looks like Z has replaced the swastika...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tlenyBWs4w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tlenyBWs4w</a>

History is repeating itself.
I can stay till it's time to go

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2022, 07:27:13 PM »

I'm really bummed about this.  All I can do is watch the news and listen to the talking heads who attempt to analyze and predicate future consequences.  It's like watching a movie.  I play no role in it.  I simply watch.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2022, 08:33:50 AM »

Hi Dmitry
Can I ask you...

Sure, Kevin, I'll tell what I see.

Do you guys in Moscow see the bombed out apartment buildings/Theatres/Kindy's in the various places in Ukraine and the 3 million Ukranian refugee's crossing into Poland and other places ? The dead children etc or is it hidden from the Russian public ?

Of course, no, no and no. Russians do not have to see these things, Putin decided so. TV shows how good Russian army is, and that soldiers came to Ukraine to bring peace, but nazi in Ukraine prevent them from doing so.
I go crazy when I see how much lies on both sides. But most of all, I cry when I see what's happening around me, people next to me drive cars with the Z sign, wave flags in support of the war. They just don't understand... Soon I'm afraid they ask my son to wave Z at school. What should I do?
Thanks many my colleagues are sane, and my boss at work is against the war, he even went to the center of Moscow to a rally.

And, are the Wests sanctions having an effect on your daily lives ?

Yes, it have. Though we have cheapest gasoline in the world, prices on other things and products took off.
I attached an illustration `top gifts for your girlfriend'.
It's not very noticeable for me at the moment, but it looks like it will get worse and worse, we'll be back in 90-s, we'll be poor.
I look into the future with big fear.
Most things in my house are made abroad (Germany, France and other Europe, S. Korea, US...) - it is ALL household appliances (it needs maintain), most tableware, many products and medicines, household chemicals and cosmetics, my son Michael's toys (he loves LEGO). Even my car Skoda is made of Europe parts.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 08:36:14 AM by Dmitry »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2022, 08:42:41 AM »

I'm really bummed about this.  All I can do is watch the news and listen to the talking heads who attempt to analyze and predicate future consequences.  It's like watching a movie.  I play no role in it.  I simply watch.

We all be happy when it all ends.

I feel I'm in crazy house right now, having no way out. It's like a challenge to be able to stay normal.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2022, 04:01:59 PM »

I feel I'm in crazy house right now, having no way out. It's like a challenge to be able to stay normal.

I am finding this thread absolutely riveting. Also very sad, and unsettling. Dmitry, I have been saying extra prayers for you and your family. Please keep posting so we know you are OK.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2022, 04:52:22 PM »

Thanks for your answers Dmitry.

It's hard to be against a war when a government is using such strong propaganda. If you speak out people will call you a traitor.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2022, 02:18:19 AM »

Thanks for your answers Dmitry.

I hate this war. We have Australian press on the ground in Kiyv and other cities. What they are showing is horrible. I fear this whole country will be a wasteland, every building looks wrecked, uninhabitable. 44 million people suddenly with no homes or jobs. Looks like Armageddon. A whole country smashed, all the infrastructure gone.

Why is the Russian army destroying apartment blocks, people's homes, belongings ? I cant believe this is happening in 2022. Putin is a madman. He must be stopped.

Whilst I think the Ukrainians are very brave I'm beginning to think they should've not resisted, at least all the thousands would still be alive, and people would still have job's, homes etc. I mean is it worth losing your child over a war ?? And it's not as if they can win in the end against a superpower.

Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2022, 07:13:02 AM »

I am finding this thread absolutely riveting. Also very sad, and unsettling. Dmitry, I have been saying extra prayers for you and your family. Please keep posting so we know you are OK.

Thank you, Kathy!

It's hard to be against a war when a government is using such strong propaganda. If you speak out people will call you a traitor.

I totally agree! It seems to me that this forum is one of the few thin threads that connect me with the world.

I hate this war. We have Australian press on the ground in Kiyv and other cities. What they are showing is horrible. I fear this whole country will be a wasteland, every building looks wrecked, uninhabitable. 44 million people suddenly with no homes or jobs. Looks like Armageddon. A whole country smashed, all the infrastructure gone.

It seems to be true, or will be true soon. I myself can't grasp it. Have no words. Sometimes I feel paralyzed, looking at this madness.

Why is the Russian army destroying apartment blocks, people's homes, belongings ? I cant believe this is happening in 2022. Putin is a madman. He must be stopped.

Whilst I think the Ukrainians are very brave I'm beginning to think they should've not resisted, at least all the thousands would still be alive, and people would still have job's, homes etc. I mean is it worth losing your child over a war ?? And it's not as if they can win in the end against a superpower.

I agree, Putin must be stopped. You know my dark thoughts? During at least last 10 years I was wishing Putin will get ill or something, because he will not leave power of his own free will.

If you, friends, have any questions, please ask, I will answer with pleasure on any question, I'll tell you everything I know.

Yesterday my brother-in-law Alexander (my wife's brother in Donetsk) returned home. He was fighting on the Russian side against Akhmetov's battalion `Azov' in Mariupol. He talked about the horrors of war. He told he saw atrocities which worriors of `Azov' made, for example, raped women in the city. It is so terrible! In war this is inevitable. He told about accidents in Mariupol when he almost got killed, but his comrades were killed. Alexander rose to the rank of battalion commander (Kombat), and command other soldiers. Alexander is 48 years old, but he looks like an old man, gray-haired, all sick, frightened, startles at the slightest noise and looks around. He looked like homeless person, so he was washed, changed clothes and sent to hospital. I said to my wife: relax, my dear, your brother is at home, you stop reading news, stop worrying, take care of yourself, me and Michael. And she said, that Alexander wishes to return to the war `to fight against nazi' - his words - after being patched up. What a lunatic! What a fool! - my wife and me think... we have no other words.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »

You are not alone, Dmitry. This is what a Russian friend of a friend posted on Facebook.

How does it feel to be a Russian in Russia at the moment?
In short, it is shock and depression. New shock waves come  before you have time to cope with the previous ones. First, it was the shock of finding out that Russia attacked Ukraine, the humiliation, the anger at how one person can sh*t all over everything??? Then the horror of the pictures and videos of explosions and destruction. Then the sanctions: cancelled payment systems, flights, oil&gas projects (I realized right away that I will be out of job in a few months, which was confirmed a few weeks later). Then ruble crashed and our family savings with it. Car, apartment and electronics prices skyrocketed. Immigration craze started. Next came the shock of the military casualties on both sides, daily pain of new deaths. The next came the realization how many Russians were taken in by the state propaganda and if not supported the "military operation", at least tried to rationalize it. My close friends do see this war for what it is. But there are many of my my compatriots with whom I've been fighting Telegram wars, some are in denial, some are beginning to realize how everything is going to sh*t. The next shock was the humanitarian catastrophe in the Russian occupied or surrounded cities. The rest is not shocking any more, the nervous system becomes numb, it cannot handle so much stress, and just shuts off. Propaganda, censorship and crack down on dissent is not shocking any more, just debilitating. Now, pharmacies are closing, medicines are disappearing from the stores. Some foods are not available any more, some food prices increased 30-100%, but others have stayed the same. Taxi and car sharing prices grew 30%. Printing paper is out of stock, prices increased 6 fold. Contactless Google Pay doesn't not work in stores any more.  I am going to be out of job by May the latest, I don't know how we are going to pay rent.
I am hoping for the war to stop within the next couple months. I don't blame any foreign companies for not wanting to have anything to do with Russia, but I am still grateful to those that stayed - at least perhaps my brother is not going to be out job. I am focusing on finding new job opportunities, keeping kids happy. It is hard to stay positive. We are not the ones being bombed, can't complain.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2022, 09:18:02 AM »

Thank you, Tamara, I subscribe to every word!!!

Poor people who will lose their jobs. Our company management said that they won't fire anyone and won't lower salary. I hope so.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2022, 10:15:02 AM »

I agree, Putin must be stopped. You know my dark thoughts? During at least last 10 years I was wishing Putin will get ill or something, because he will not leave power of his own free will.

If I understand correctly Putin has changed the Russian constitution and can stay in power until 2036 ... so he's certainly not thinking of leaving power anytime soon.

I think he could be stopped in two ways.

First make sure your brother-in-law tells everybody about how many Russians are being killed in this war. Ask him if he thinks this corresponds with the official government figures that Putin is giving out. If there's an obvious big difference then more and more Russians will realise Putin is lying to them.I don't know if you know but three or four top Russian generals have already been killed. So eventually the Russian people and the Russian Army could turn against their president/dictator.

Second I think NATO should put troops all around the Kaliningrad enclave and declare a no-fly zone in or out of this area.They should do this now because it's obvious that this could become a danger in the future to Europe.

If Finland enters NATO (which it's thinking of doing because of the Ukraine war) then eventually Putin's access to the Baltic Sea could be threatened.

Kaliningrad is the bit of yellow to the left on this map.It's surrrounded by European Union/ NATO countries.

Historically it was never part of Russia before 1948 so it would be easy to justify a true European take-over. It's Putin's only ice-free access to the Baltic.

So I would say to Vladimir Putin. If you take Odessa we take Kaliningrad.

I think this is the kind of language he understands.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 10:16:52 AM by zipp »

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2022, 03:11:29 PM »

This may sound flippant but why not fight a war by playing chess or something?
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2022, 08:22:06 PM »

And she said, that Alexander wishes to return to the war `to fight against nazi' - his words - after being patched up. What a lunatic! What a fool! - my wife and me think... we have no other words.

I may be revealing my ignorance here, but I'm confused as to why the term Nazi is being bandied about in regard to Ukraine. I haven't really had the time to research this.

Update: OK, this article clarified things: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ukraine-has-nazi-problem-vladimir-putin-s-denazification-claim-war-ncna1290946
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:26:26 PM by Normandie »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 1.541 seconds with 82 queries.