Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: What About LOVE?  (Read 19223 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: What About LOVE?
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2021, 10:51:55 AM »

There is something on the Love album that I can't work out.
On the track Lucy in the sky with diamonds at the final chorus (3 minutes 35 seconds) you can hear brass on the refrain from Paul singing Lucy in the sky with diamonds repeatedly.
This brass wasn't on the original track so I assume it's from a different Beatles track and mashed into this track.
Does anyone know what song it is from.

The timing seems a bit different on the version I’m listening to. The final chorus is around 2:40 on my Apple iTunes version. There sounds like the clavioline from Baby You’re a Rich Man squirling away at some point during the chorus.  Behind that it also sounds a bit like the Sgt Pepper title track horns. The part that is beneath the applause in the middle of the track. Can’t be sure though.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »

I recall there were a few places Giles added some new instrumentation.  I don't know if what you are asking about is one of them but it was limited I believe.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2021, 02:02:54 AM »

In answer to my question, Moog you were correct.
I got this from another music forum, what bits were used on the various tracks. I found it very interesting.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Fu3p79GvteNwLigfJxhyw5gDQZz7VX61FG009m0avE/edit
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2021, 02:14:07 AM »

In answer to my question, Moog you were correct.
I got this from another music forum, what bits were used on the various tracks. I found it very interesting.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Fu3p79GvteNwLigfJxhyw5gDQZz7VX61FG009m0avE/edit

That’s handy. I might have to listen to Love again with that site open  icon_good

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »

That’s handy. I might have to listen to Love again with that site open  icon_good

Yeah you should, I find Love has the best versions of some songs, Lucy, Walrus, Hey Jude, IWTHYH. And when Mr Kite morphs into I Want You is just great.......I think Giles did an awesome job. I think it was a labour of Love.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2021, 08:37:44 AM »

Yeah you should, I find Love has the best versions of some songs, Lucy, Walrus, Hey Jude, IWTHYH. And when Mr Kite morphs into I Want You is just great.......I think Giles did an awesome job. I think it was a labour of Love.

Yeah I like Love. I think it worked well and there was some very clever stuff on it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.484 seconds with 42 queries.