Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Plug Ins  (Read 4402 times)

Bobber

Bobber

Re: Beatles Plug Ins
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »

Midi files to give your keyboard certain Beatles-sounding sounds.  :)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »

Quote from: 63
http://www.eastwestsamples.com/details.php?cd_index=1027

I think these may be VST rather than MIDI, though. Maybe the same thing mellotroniac was talking about a while back http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1211330421/s-3/#num3 ?

I'd like this one day, for sure! Maybe for Christmas ...

I wonder how you actually use these - is it hard to get a realistic guitar sound from a keyboard even if the sample is beautifully recorded?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:30:30 PM »

Looks good. Guitar rig have vox amps and Beatle sounds also if you can get your hands on it. Good plug-in.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:54:18 AM »

This is a VST package that uses actual recordings of all the different instruments used by the Beatles.  They went to great pains to use the same microphones and amplifiers as well to keep the sounds as true as possible.  Of course, this resulted in a 13GB, yes that's gigabytes, of samples.

REAPER has the ability to use a VST package and has a built in virtual keyboard or will interface with a MIDI/USB keyboard.  I don't have the Fab Four package but I have used other VSTi's.  I have the Modular Moog one that works fantastic, but keep in mind that is a synth using wave forms and filters so it generates the sounds in realtime as opposed to being sampled.

I hope this clears up what this actually is.

If I had the extra cash I'd buy it since I could really use the Mellotron sounds, and the synth sounds for Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:29:14 AM »

Quote from: 1780
This is a VST package that uses actual recordings of all the different instruments used by the Beatles.  They went to great pains to use the same microphones and amplifiers as well to keep the sounds as true as possible.  Of course, this resulted in a 13GB, yes that's gigabytes, of samples.

REAPER has the ability to use a VST package and has a built in virtual keyboard or will interface with a MIDI/USB keyboard.  I don't have the Fab Four package but I have used other VSTi's.  I have the Modular Moog one that works fantastic, but keep in mind that is a synth using wave forms and filters so it generates the sounds in realtime as opposed to being sampled.

I hope this clears up what this actually is.

If I had the extra cash I'd buy it since I could really use the Mellotron sounds, and the synth sounds for Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Thanks for clearing a lot of that up. Do you know how these actually work? I mean, do they sample each instrument playing every note, so that when you hit any note on your keyboard or virtual guitar it brings that instrument sound out?

From what I've read, the actual technique of sampling makes a huge difference in the sound. For example, do they just sample every note once? Or, do they do it once at a low volume, then a medium volume, then a high volume? And then once when the guitar string (for example) is strummed gently, and once when it is strummed hard, and once when it is thrashed?

Same note, at least 6 or 7 ways to play it. Cheap samples have only a few options, better ones have many.

13GB - one would think this would fall into the latter category!

I hope one of you guys buys it and lets us know!

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Kirkwood

• One And One Is Two
    • Ed Turner and Number 9
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:10:04 AM »

To the best of my knowledge they sample as many notes as they can.  You could probably email East-West and find out for sure.  Given the number of instruments they list against 13GB, they probably sampled the entire range of each instrument.
Please check out Ed Turner and Number 9 on Youtube and let us know what you think.  We perform primarily in the southeastern United States for charity events and pride ourselves in performing Beatles songs that they themselves never performed live.  We wo

Page created in 0.441 seconds with 51 queries.