Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Beatles vs Paul  (Read 2990 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: The Beatles vs Paul
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2021, 04:19:11 AM »

Yeah, Pauls an egotistical a**hole, but I love his music.  John was an a**hole too and I struggle with his solo stuff.  Its all in what you like.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 05:53:48 AM »

I got this from Wiki just to give insight;

McCartney III was released on 18 December 2020 on CD, vinyl, cassette and digital formats.[13][11] The vinyl editions include a variety of colours: standard black, Third Man Records exclusive yellow-with-black-dots limited to 333 copies,[18] Third Man Records exclusive red limited to 3,000 copies,[19] #SpotifyFansFirst 130g Coke-bottle clear vinyl limited to 3,000 copies worldwide,[20] 130g yellow limited to 3,000 copies worldwide,[21] 130g violet limited to 3,000 copies worldwide,[22] Newbury Comics exclusive pink limited to 1,500 copies,[23] Target exclusive green,[18] uDiscover exclusive orange,[24] selected retailers exclusive blue, other record stores exclusive white.

So you can see, many, many versions of the same vinyl album, WHY ? I truly couldnt see John or George doing this. Could you ?
He also released an "imagined" version later with different takes etc.

He does this with most of his albums now. I think it’s to maximise physical sales. If he sells a lot in the first couple of weeks it increases the chances his album gets high up on Billboard. Collectors will snap these up quickly so his initial sales are good.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »

Yeah, Pauls an egotistical a**hole, but I love his music.  John was an a**hole too and I struggle with his solo stuff.  Its all in what you like.

Haha Todd, I couldve just wrote that instead of my bloody essay  ha2ha
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 04:29:11 PM »

I don't think Paul could be humble no matter how hard he tried.  Having been a Beatle and having written so many wonderful songs throughout his life, I don't think humility is possible.  Yes, he can have whatever he wants in his life, but humility is the one quality he can never have.  Well, at least, that's one thing that I think I can have that Paul can't.  For whatever that's worth ....
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 05:47:32 PM »

I don't think Paul could be humble no matter how hard he tried.  Having been a Beatle and having written so many wonderful songs throughout his life, I don't think humility is possible.

I politely beg to differ. Humility is always possible. One of the biggest problems facing the United States, at least, if not the world, is a lack of humility. I don't believe that old trope that love of money is the root of all evil. The source of virtually all sin is pride.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 44 queries.