Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some Hardly Seen Stuff  (Read 1316 times)

Bobber

Some Hardly Seen Stuff
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:32 AM »

This was posted by Maccalennon on Beatleboards.com. He's also a member here. This is footage from his own personal archive.

Quote from: 625
This documentary was shown on UK TV on 8th December 1984 back in the day when they always showed some beatles stuff on the anniversary.

There's quite a lot of rare footage in this film which lasts about 45mins. There's clips from john and yokos films, some unseen footage from the Let It Be sessions including some stuff of yoko jamming with the beatles, loads of good stuff really, even a brief interview with paul and linda.

NLlhSAyRPPI

sdY9qOTwV2Q

sdY9qOTwV2Q

O1N4Tf1xV08

5zsTGGgvey8

2ekeApKsbvU (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Some Hardly Seen Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:55:03 PM »

I borrowed a video with this doc on once & i though it was really good,
quite intersting!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »

From the same source (thank you Tony):

Quote from: 625
On 29/12/1979 Wings played their last ever concert. It followed on from their Uk tour of December 1979.This was a benefit gig for the people of Kampuchea. Also on the bill were Elvis Costello,Rockpile (who also played the song Little sister with Robert Plant on vocals). All through the day there were rumours that John, George and Ringo were also in London and seeing as this gig was for charity, this was going to be the night when the beatles finally reunited on stage. I was lucky enough to be at this gig. At the end of Wings set, Billy Connolly came out on stage and everybody thought this was going to be the big announcement. Sadly it wasnt so, he was just announcing the cast of the Rockestra (which wasnt too bad either). A couple of months later, bits and pieces from the gig (and others that were held earlier in the week for the same cause that included Queen, The Who and Ian Dury) were broadcasted on TV.
Here are the Wings bits that were shown plus the Rockestra section.
The songs are
Got To Get You Into My Life - Wings
Every Night - Wings
Coming Up - Wings

All played live for the first time by Paul on this tour and Coming Up hadnt even been released, so this is a rare clip of Coming Up played by Wings rather than Paul on his own.

The Rockestra songs are Lucille, (Little Richard cover) Let It Be(again first time played live on this tour) and Rockestra Theme (from Back to the Egg)

Watch out for Paul calling Pete Townshend a poof  

Got To Get You Into My Life and Every Night
lpkyytzgl-A

Coming Up
8cz09yj6KlM

Lucille and Let It Be
2fWsdMaagMM

Rockestra Theme
-L1TH-6fIZA

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:27:32 AM »

Robert Plant playing guitar!!

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »

Matchbox and an interview with Paul in Japan from 1990. This contains footage of Paul's arrest in 1980. Paul also talks about a film called 'Long And Winding Road', later to become Anthology.

W3jy4OfmuZg

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 42 queries.