Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Real Love  (Read 2999 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Real Love
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 12:55:54 PM »

Quote from: 551
*happy sigh*
I'm just going to sit and admire your last post for a while. :)
Amen!

Thanks, harihead ... and I didn't say half of what I think and feel for him and for his work!!!

Quote from: 398
raxo, George, to me was more than the quiet guitarist as you so eloquently put it.  He was the most complex character, and I prefer contemplative rather than quiet as an adjective to describe him.  His guitar work was top notch and his keyboard skills were better then he was given credit for.
[...]

I like George a lot, Will Campbell, and by "quiet" I was only trying to be ironic, y'know (please, notice the smily there) ;) ... it's the short-sighted people who used to say it ...

... It's a shame! ... oh, if only this world was a little more clever, people would have realized how George was and they wouldn't have waited till he passed away!!! :-/

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »

"contemplative" -- perfect choice, Will! I heartily agree. *happy sigh* I'm really enjoying your remarks in these forums. I love when people point out fabulous bits in the songs, like you just did for "If I Needed Someone". Then I have to go and listen for that specific thing. :)

It's heaven to find other George appreciators out here. My friends and family were getting tired of me. ;)

Raxo, I'm probably more guilty than most of not appreciating George properly until his passing, because I'd been intrigued by him during the Anthology series in the '90s. I did a little Beatles research then (since I missed them by a couple of years the first time they came through), but then I let it drop. But the music is still there; it survives, handily! It's so wonderful to be able to find people on the internet who still have an interest in discussing it with late-comers like me. What a relief!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »

[...] I love when people point out fabulous bits in the songs, [...]Then I have to go and listen for that specific thing. :)

That's what I do when I read something about a song too ... or when we're discussing (hipothetical and/or silly) theories ... they use to be usefull to see things from another point of view or just to (or try to) realize what things were about at an spacific time! ... I use them to put together their ideas and events and quotes and music and whatever what's happening at the same time, whenever it was!!! It's like travelling in time!!! As much realism the best!!!  :)

It's heaven to find other George appreciators out here. My friends and family were getting tired of me. ;)

Raxo, I'm probably more guilty than most of not appreciating George properly until his passing, because I'd been intrigued by him during the Anthology series in the '90s. I did a little Beatles research then (since I missed them by a couple of years the first time they came through), but then I let it drop. But the music is still there; it survives, handily! It's so wonderful to be able to find people on the internet who still have an interest in discussing it with late-comers like me. What a relief!
Very welcome to George's uni-verse, harihead!!! Right: Music won't die ... are you ready (or reading) for this-'cuz-sing (or discussing)???!!! ;D

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
  • In my life....I love you more
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 11:46:19 PM »

Quote from: 297
I like George a lot, Will Campbell, and by "quiet" I was only trying to be ironic, y'know (please, notice the smily there) ;) ... it's the short-sighted people who used to say it ...

No worries man.  I wan't bashing you for using the word quiet anyways and I did notice the smilie, so its all cool.   8)  I've been though my Paul phase and my John phase and I've been in a George phase now for about 6 months.  Weird huh?

Here's another clue for you all; the Walrus was Paul...

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 02:12:03 AM »

Not weird! It's fun to discover more about the band, because each of them was so unique. I did my John phase a few years ago, and now I'm Georging as well, and having a wonderful time.  :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 47 queries.