Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Russia invades Ukraine.  (Read 10689 times)

Tamara

• A Beginning
Russia invades Ukraine.
« on: February 25, 2022, 10:31:29 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pOLc5QLYTs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pOLc5QLYTs</a>
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:10:29 PM by nimrod »

Tamara

• A Beginning
The War Against Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The War Against Russia
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 11:47:45 PM »

Shouldn't this thread be called The War Against The Ukraine?  The Ukraine is not the aggressor in this matter.

Perhaps this thread belongs in the Current Affairs topic.  Would you like me to move it there?
I can stay till it's time to go

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 01:02:36 AM »

Shouldn't this thread be called The War Against The Ukraine?  The Ukraine is not the aggressor in this matter.

Perhaps this thread belongs in the Current Affairs topic.  Would you like me to move it there?

Yes.

And at the same time tell Russia to get the f*** out of Ukraine.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 02:13:32 AM »

Yes.

And at the same time tell Russia to get the f*** out of Ukraine.

I'm with Zipp  ;D
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »

5.700 Russians mothers are crying. And counting.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 03:03:16 PM »

The way Russian soldiers fight: hitting a car with an old lady.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUQNDmKbS0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUQNDmKbS0</a>

The once so proud Red Army have become a bunch of cowards.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:05:12 PM by Tamara »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 06:21:32 AM »

The way Russian soldiers fight: hitting a car with an old lady.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUQNDmKbS0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUQNDmKbS0</a>

The once so proud Red Army have become a bunch of cowards.

Tamara, this video is four or more days old. How did you know it is Russians? Russians at that time wasn't even near Kiev. Even now Russians didn't enter the city.

We should now filter the news, because information war is much bigger than war on fields. Russia is losing information war, because it fights agains Europe and America media monsters. I justify no one, just wanna truth.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2022, 12:59:04 PM »

How do you know it is not a Russian tank?

The truth is the first victim of a war. It's funny you mention the word 'truth' after being a Donald Trump-supporter in the last few years.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 07:00:28 AM »

So it's ok, if `De Telegraaf' said it was a Russian tank, and you do believe it.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »

So it's ok, if `De Telegraaf' said it was a Russian tank, and you do believe it.

That is not what I am saying.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 08:42:47 AM »

That is not what I am saying.

Then why you posted the video? Just wonder what did you want to say  ???

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 08:31:52 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSPxWp-7SU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vSPxWp-7SU</a>

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 08:44:39 AM »

What is true and what is not?

I prefer the Belgium reports over the Russian if you don't mind. They tell me most Russians haven't got a clue what is going on in Ukraine. They believe there is a small military peace mission going on. They don't know that almost 7000 Russian soldiers are killed by now. They don't know Russians are bombing Ukranian cities (with Russians speaking people too) and other civilian goals. They don't know that last night Russians soldiers attacked the nucleair power plant in Zaporizje, trying to create another Tsjernobyl. What if the wind comes from the southwest and a nucleair cloud blows into Russia? Is the west getting the blame for that too? The reporters tell us that children in Russian schools are being shown propaganda on the greatness of the Russia and that NATO is a danger and the NATO-countries are full of evil people. The reporters tell us that Putin has told the Russians he wants to bring down the Ukranian government because they are nazi's and drug addicts. The reporters tell us that people in Moscow don't know why IKEA is closing down in Russia and Belarus, with over 14.000 people losing their jobs. These people are worried about paying their mortgage, they obviously don't care about thousands of people being killed a couple of hundreds of kilometers south. Most of the Russians are too afraid to stand up against their leader. Imprisoned Russian soldiers tell before the camera they haven't got a clue why they are in the Ukraine in the first place. Boys of only 19 and 20 years old.

And now you ask me how do I know this is a Russian tank? I do not know and I don't know if this was in Kiev or not.

The truth is the first victim of any war (not just a small peace mission). We all don't look much further than the first hand information. But still, I'd rather listen to our Belgian reporters than to Russian reporters if you don't mind.

And please forgive me my anger towards Russian soldiers. That is a personal issue.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2022, 10:17:40 AM »

Thanks, Tamara, for letting me know what Belgian media are telling people!
Though, during my life I have lost confidence in our government, I also don't believe governments of other countries. I don't believe half what Belgian reporters broadcast.
I could go through all the points you wrote, but, forgive me, I will not. Just because I have no energy for it, and also I think it will change nothing.

One note about a power plant. Who benefits from spreading rumors that Russians trying to create another Tsjernobyl? Cui bono? Puting wants a nucleair cloud blows into Russia? What a absurd?

I try to be as much objective as possible, reading media from all over the World (European, American, Asian), and even in the media of any taken separately country there are several points views. I also have access to many sources from within Ukraine, videos, reports, familiar Ukrainians and Russians. For example, I read Ukrainians in Odessa and Kharkov, panicking, swearing and cursing Russians, I read people in Donetsk and Kharkov who curse Ukrainians. Lots of people are posting videos. I read military reports and see all the movements and actions of the Russian army, including in Zaporozhye and Mariupol. From the Ukrainian side, unfortunately, I do not see many reports, only see Zelensky shouting about the nuclear power plant and threatening Europe with it, saying that Putin wants to blow it up. What a mess! God, give me the strength not to go crazy.

And Jesus said: For judgment I am come into this world: that they who see not may see; and they who see may become blind (John 9:39)

An example of the other side of issue https://www.reddit.com/r/GenZedong/comments/t4b9s4/ukrainian_woman_goes_off_script_in_french_tv/

And what is this? https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1253897.shtml The Fédération Internationale Féline, an NGO of cat registries founded in Belgium, announced on Tuesday a ban on Russian-bred cats from its shows, and cat owners who live in Russia are also banned from the organization  ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 01:24:14 PM by Dmitry »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 03:05:54 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE</a>

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 11:49:51 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE</a>

Thanks for the video Dmitry.

Do you you think Russia will be content to control half of Ukraine (up to the Dnieper river) thus ensuring they can supply water to Crimea and exploit off-shore gas in the Black Sea?

Or do you think Russia wil insist on controlling all of Ukraine? In which case a long drawn-out conflict is pretty sure to occur with Lviv becoming a stronghold and a temporary capital city.

Western countries will be able to supply arms to western Ukraine from Romania and Poland for a long time to come.

I've also heard that because of this Ukraine war, Finland is now considering joining NATO. So the end result may be more and stronger NATO partners on Russia's border.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 12:36:39 AM »

Hi Dmitry
I dont know what to believe and what not to believe.
Is there any truth in this ? I know the Daily Mail is a rubbish newspaper.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10579133/Ukraine-invasion-Russia-blocks-access-Facebook-146-million-citizens.html

Putin blocks Facebook access in Russia and is planning to ban TikTok - as he threatens 15 years in PRISON for anyone straying from the state narrative
Russia has blocked access to Facebook for its 146 million citizens amid its invasion of Ukraine, a state regulator said
The country is also preparing to ban TikTok, according to a Kremlin source
The country's communications watchdog, Roskomnadzor, said Facebook was blocked during the war due to 'cases of discrimination against Russian media'
It comes a week after Russia limited access to the platform after it refused to stop fact-checking and labeling content from state-owned organizations
Nick Clegg, vice president of global affairs at Facebook's parent company Meta, said Russians have been 'silenced from speaking out' 
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 10:28:18 AM »

Thanks for the video Dmitry.

Do you you think Russia will be content to control half of Ukraine (up to the Dnieper river) thus ensuring they can supply water to Crimea and exploit off-shore gas in the Black Sea?

Or do you think Russia will insist on controlling all of Ukraine? In which case a long drawn-out conflict is pretty sure to occur with Lviv becoming a stronghold and a temporary capital city.

Western countries will be able to supply arms to western Ukraine from Romania and Poland for a long time to come.

This video reminded the true cause of the war - resources.
Putin said he wants demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine. I think he need full control over whole Ukraine. But I can think whatever you think, I'm not expert. Nobody here could image that Putin attack Ukraine.

I've also heard that because of this Ukraine war, Finland is now considering joining NATO. So the end result may be more and stronger NATO partners on Russia's border.

I just thought that due to this war, Russia and China will become more powerful.

Hi Dmitry
I dont know what to believe and what not to believe.
Is there any truth in this ? I know the Daily Mail is a rubbish newspaper.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10579133/Ukraine-invasion-Russia-blocks-access-Facebook-146-million-citizens.html

Putin blocks Facebook access in Russia and is planning to ban TikTok - as he threatens 15 years in PRISON for anyone straying from the state narrative
Russia has blocked access to Facebook for its 146 million citizens amid its invasion of Ukraine, a state regulator said
The country is also preparing to ban TikTok, according to a Kremlin source
The country's communications watchdog, Roskomnadzor, said Facebook was blocked during the war due to 'cases of discrimination against Russian media'
It comes a week after Russia limited access to the platform after it refused to stop fact-checking and labeling content from state-owned organizations
Nick Clegg, vice president of global affairs at Facebook's parent company Meta, said Russians have been 'silenced from speaking out' 

In fact, yes, it is true. Facebook is blocked now. Since today's midnight. In recent years, I rarely use Facebook, but if I or whoever will need Facebook we have VPN  ;)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2022, 01:59:23 PM »

This may be of some help to our Russian friends wanting to follow the war:

How to get around the BBC block in Russia

The Russian authorities have restricted access to BBC websites in Russian and English, as well as other international and independent media, accusing them of circulating "false information" about what is happening in Ukraine.

In response, the BBC said "access to accurate, independent information is a fundamental human right which should not be denied to the people of Russia, millions of whom rely on BBC News every week".

Record numbers of people have read the BBC's Russian language news website since the invasion.

To get around the BBC ban in Russia:

download the Psiphon app from the AppStore or Google Play Store
    look for the dedicated BBC site on the Tor Browser

which can be found using this URL

. Note that this URL only works using the Tor Browser or the Onion Browser (on iPhones)
    if access to the apps is restricted then send a blank email to get@psiphon3.com or gettor@torproject.org. An email will be sent in response with a direct and safe download link

The BBC has also launched two new shortwave frequencies broadcasting World Service English news for four hours a day to Ukraine and parts of Russia:

15735 kHz from 14:00 GMT to 16:00 GMT
    5875 kHz from 20:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 2.89 seconds with 80 queries.