Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Song Of The Week - Strawberry Fields Forever  (Read 4314 times)

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: Song Of The Week - Strawberry Fields Forever
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »

I feel like I'm being transported to another dimension while listening to Strawberry Fields.

An excellent observation Loco, it had that magical quality, deep and mysterious, Pop music had never sounded like this before......I think John influenced Syd Barret who wrote Pink Floyds first album (my favourite PF album) and their early hits like Julia Dream and See Emily Play
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 12:44:36 AM »

I believe that, to this day, Paul Weller (formerly of The Jam) maintains that "Strawberry Fields Forever" had a more stunningly profound impact on him than any other record, ever.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 12:47:30 AM »

I believe that, to this day, Paul Weller (formerly of The Jam) maintains that "Strawberry Fields Forever" had a more stunningly profound impact on him than any other record, ever.

I never knew that Mr M.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 12:54:31 AM »

Weller interviewed by MOJO magazine (but I've read similar comments by him from other sources):

"“I can remember the wonderment it filled me with as a kid and it still does after all these years – the soundscape it creates in my mind which I can never put my finger on and never want to. We've got so much information about The Beatles now, where they wrote this and recorded that and how, but sometimes that takes the magic away. Sometimes you just don't need to know all those things. I remember seeing the two promo films, for this and Penny Lane. I was about nine, watching it on the black and white grainy TV set and I was so knocked out by it, and hearing the song on the radio it was like something coming in from another planet at the time. It's the world's most psychedelic record. No, I'd never attempt to cover it, wouldn't know where to begin, maybe strip it down, do it on acoustic guitar but that still wouldn't be good enough. You can't touch it.”
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 44 queries.