Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatle Wishlist  (Read 2841 times)

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Beatle Wishlist
« on: January 01, 2019, 11:53:32 PM »

So, we all have this favourite band which we love so much and we know so much about thanks to the internet.

But Im guessing we all wish they'd done certain things (or not done certain things).

Here's mine;

I wish...

1.They'd put Strawberry Fields forever and Penny Lane on Pepper.
2.The White Album was a single album.
3.They'd released songs they wrote for others on albums. songs like;
Goodbye
Step Inside Love
Bad To Me
Come & get It
Sour Milk Sea

Whats your wishlist ?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Beatle Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:13:41 AM »

So, we all have this favourite band which we love so much and we know so much about thanks to the internet.

But Im guessing we all wish they'd done certain things (or not done certain things).

Here's mine;

I wish...

1.They'd put Strawberry Fields forever and Penny Lane on Pepper.
2.The White Album was a single album.
3.They'd released songs they wrote for others on albums. songs like;
Goodbye
Step Inside Love
Bad To Me
Come & get It
Sour Milk Sea

Whats your wishlist ?

Can definitely get behind No3. Your first two I suppose are less crucial now, as we can just do play lists that make our ideal White Album or Pepper.   ;D Strawberry Fields and Penny on Pepper would have been great though.

My main wish is that they’d gone back to playing live. That preciousness about live play bled over into their solo careers with all except Paul only touring or doing concerts intermittently.

I also wish they’d got more professional assistance on Magical Mystery Tour. There was a potentially good film in there somewhere but the amateurish execution wrecked it. Quality control was such a major strong point for them musically, it’s funny how it dropped off for this.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:00:00 AM »

Ah. I’ve got one more.  Based on listening to the outtakes from the White Album, I wish they’d done the documentary about the making of that album, rather than the Get Back sessions.  The short snippet we get of them doing some older covers like Baby I Don’t Care sound terrific Tight and energetic like they’re back in the clubs. Compare those to the crappy attempts on the Get Back sessions it’s hard to believe it’s the same band. And it was only a few months separating the sessions.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 03:27:43 AM »

Can definitely get behind No3. Your first two I suppose are less crucial now, as we can just do play lists that make our ideal White Album or Pepper.   ;D Strawberry Fields and Penny on Pepper would have been great though.

Bad To Me shouldve gone on Beatles For Sale instead of Mr Moonlight.

I know what you mean about playlists Moog but theres always this 'Greatest album ever made' stuff that comes up from time to time, it would made Pepper all the stronger with those 2 on it.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:35:03 AM »

Wait a minute!  I LOVE Mr. Moonlight!
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »

I wish that two discoveries would take place; the demo that John may or may not have made for Ringo of Good Night and a nice-sounding BBC recording of this song:

https://youtu.be/UeLAERZ7c40

I fell in love with that song the first time I listened to the Star Club recordings.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »

I know what you mean about playlists Moog but theres always this 'Greatest album ever made' stuff that comes up from time to time, it would made Pepper all the stronger with those 2 on it.

True.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »

Wait a minute!  I LOVE Mr. Moonlight!

I know you do Baz, weve had this discussion before, and Im truly  ;sorry

;)
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 12:14:14 AM »

My wish list:

That they made more movies.
That they recorded one more album.  Maybe they would have if Paul hadn't made the break-up official.  It seemed like John was dragging his feet on that decision.
That there were more songs in the end in which all four of them performed together.
That Paul McCartney could write one more good song reminiscent of his younger glory days.
That Paul and George had written a few songs together.  To my knowledge, Paul talked about the possibility but nothing ever came of it.
That both Brian and John hadn't passed when they did.  So many possibilities for the Beatles died with them.
That Yoko had never participated on any of John's albums.
That John would have gotten serious about his music - maybe even as serious as Paul or even as serious as John's son, Sean.
That there was an album called "Lennon-McCartney."  What a wonder that could have been!  It boggles the mind to imagine it.
I think there's more wishes from me, but these are the ones I could think of just now.
Thanks for creating this thread, nimrod.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 01:06:20 AM »

I've been trying to think of something to add to a wishlist for a day now.  Other than another album, more songs I'm not sure what to wish for.  They were imperfectly perfect. 

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 03:00:06 AM »

My wish list:

That Paul and George had written a few songs together.  To my knowledge, Paul talked about the possibility but nothing ever came of it.

A big yes on this. I wish these two had got together in the mid to late 90s and done an album together. Despite the personal niggles between them they produced great results when they collaborated. Abbey Road comes to mind as one where Paul and George combined well, particularly with John absent for a period. And they did good work together on the Free as a Bird and Real Love sessions.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 04:32:30 AM »

I know you do Baz, weve had this discussion before, and Im truly  ;sorry

;)

Was it the Hammond organ?
I can stay till it's time to go

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 02:11:33 AM »

OK, from their official years together as a group, here's ten off the top of my head - leaving aside serious stuff (like wishing Brian Epstein hadn't died) and silly stuff (like wishing I'd been stood with those people in the background on the cover of Abbey Road):

1.   1963 “Please Please Me” had topped ALL versions of the UK singles chart then in existence, thus becoming (beyond any debate) their first No.1 hit.
2.   1964: The "All My Loving" EP had been replaced by an EP called "From A Window" featuring that track plus "I'll Keep You Satisfied", "Bad To Me" and "I'll Be On My Way".
3.   1964: They'd sung "Ja, Ja, Ja" instead of "Yeah Yeah Yeah" on "Sie Liebt Dich". Always annoys me it's not ENTIRELY in German!
4.   1964: "Leave My Kitten Alone" had been on Beatles For Sale instead of “Mr Moonlight”.
5.   1965: “Bad Boy” had closed the Help! Album instead of “Dizzy Miss Lizzy”.
6.   1965: The meeting between The Beatles and Elvis had been recorded on clear, good quality film (with sound) with numerous colour photos taken.
7.   1967: "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" had got to number one.
8.   1967: They'd done the voices for the cartoon vultures on Disney's "Jungle Book".
9.   1968: They'd done their own voices on the Yellow Submarine film.
10. 1969: The Yellow Submarine album had been a double EP comprising: "Yellow Submarine", "All Together Now", "Only A Northern Song", "Hey Bulldog", "It's All Too Much" and “All You Need Is Love”.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 03:28:26 AM »

Was it the Hammond organ?

Its just a bit of a dirge, I usually like Hammonds. But yeah, Leave My Kitten or Bad To Me would have been better imo.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Page created in 0.66 seconds with 68 queries.