Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beatles themed movie  (Read 7093 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Beatles themed movie
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »

Saw this today. Really fun and worthwhile. The Rom Com bits were probably the weakest. The love story seemed too contrived. But the parts dealing with his music career were great and there were some very funny moments. I even thought Ed Sheeran added to the film nicely. Took the mickey out of himself well.

Without any spoilers there’s also a bit that will bring a lump in the throat of any Beatles fan.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »

Without any spoilers there’s also a bit that will bring a lump in the throat of any Beatles fan.

Looks like I'll be going to see the movie.  :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 03:05:35 AM »

Looks like I'll be going to see the movie.  :)

It’s not deep by any measure but it’s mostly cheery and amusing with a few really good moments. I would caution if you really don’t like rom coms then you’ll probably find bits of this pretty cringey. Personally I just waved those bits by and enjoyed the Beatle music worship.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 03:25:49 AM »

It’s not deep by any measure but it’s mostly cheery and amusing with a few really good moments. I would caution if you really don’t like rom coms then you’ll probably find bits of this pretty cringey. Personally I just waved those bits by and enjoyed the Beatle music worship.

Sounds like the perfect movie for me, Moog.  I like dedicated romantic comedy movies.  But it appears that it was a side plot in this movie and easy for a Beatles fan to bypass.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 03:26:18 AM »

Thanks for the reviews blmeanie and Moog. My daughter will be home for the holiday so she’ll be my date. :)

fanofthefab4

• A Beginning
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »

Yesterday is doing pretty good at third place at the box office and made more money than was predicted, and thankfully I haven't seen or read any articles  ignorantly,inaccurately saying they were just great for their time,several articles said how great and timeless The Beatles music really is and their over 50 year old remixed albums certainly sold very well too.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/grosses-summer-box-office-yesterday-annabelle-comes-home-1202154386

Moviegoers Believe in ‘Yesterday,’ ‘Annabelle Comes Home’ Disappoints |IndieWire

Tuesday noon marks the exact halfway point of 2019. No one was predicting that grosses would be down some $600 million–nearly 10%–from the 2018 midyear mark. Still to come are a trio of strong ...

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:39:25 PM by fanofthefab4 »

KelMar

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2019, 04:21:37 AM »

There were actually a couple places that really got to me but they hit me straight in the tear ducts. In fact, I was not sure how I felt about the film until the first instance and then came the one I think you’re referring to, Moog. If I’d been home alone it might have been Titanic all over again. (I know, I know...but I had a good reason). Then I had some later revelations that made me think there were some good messages about The Beatles and their music. So I can definitely say that I liked it. The End  :)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2019, 11:20:15 AM »

There were actually a couple places that really got to me but they hit me straight in the tear ducts. In fact, I was not sure how I felt about the film until the first instance and then came the one I think you’re referring to, Moog. If I’d been home alone it might have been Titanic all over again. (I know, I know...but I had a good reason). Then I had some later revelations that made me think there were some good messages about The Beatles and their music. So I can definitely say that I liked it. The End  :)

Glad you liked it. I think I know the other bit you’re referring to. And it’s not the testifying of love scene  ;)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2019, 12:05:17 PM »

at this point, maybe we need a thread with spoilers to have more conversation on the flick?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.559 seconds with 49 queries.