Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yellow Sub deleted scenes  (Read 7572 times)

Mrs.Nicholson

• Getting Better
  • Jack Nicholson~Gorgous actor~pure sexiness
    • Deranged89
Yellow Sub deleted scenes
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:16:12 PM »

Are there any Yellow Submarine deleted scenes?

Jack is a taurus
I am a cancer
These two star signs are a match made in heaven
Jack and I are ment for each other

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Yellow Sub deleted scenes
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:29:39 PM »

Well, the DVD certainly doesn't have any...... "Hey Bulldog" was technically unavailable in the US when it first came to theaters here...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

Yeah, when Yellow Submarine first came out on video about 10 years ago, it was missing the Hey Bulldog sequence. The new video which came out in 1999 (?) was fully remastered and at last included  Hey Bulldog.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 09:55:42 PM »

I think they cut a scene out on the DVD. I've seen this movie a million times on t.v growing up and I swear I remember the song "Baby You're a Rich Man" in the movie. On the DVD, I don't hear it! I can't remember when it appeared, but I know it was there! Wasn't it? BTW, why won't they show it on television anymore? I think a lot of kids are missing out!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 05:30:10 PM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1091920572,s=3 date=1092088542]I swear I remember the song "Baby You're a Rich Man" in the movie.[/quote]

As far as I'm aware, BYARM was never in Yellow Sub... maybe you dreamt it was, and if so what was it like? :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 05:58:56 PM »

No, didn't dream it! I found this at Amazon.

"Great movie, but they cut a scene on the DVD. It's only about a minute, but the scene which features BABY YOUR A RICH MAN is cut. They played about a minute of this song as the boys revived the pepper band. If you can find an old copy of the VHS (the one in a box, NOT in a case) you can find this scene on it. Oddly, RICH MAN is on the new CD "songtrack", yet it's now cut from the film. I hope they issue a complete uncut version someday."

Thankfully someone else remembered it! I knew I wasn't crazy! I had taped the movie when I was little (audio taped! the time before VCR's!) So I knew something was off when I watched the DVD. Oh, and the Hey Bulldog was never there before, but it's okay.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 07:36:31 AM »

Well, it's still featured in the movie, however slightly. When they revive the Sgt. Pepper's band, we hear it for about five seconds as the little ball starts to evaporate...

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 12:37:28 PM »

yeah there is two or three versions of it out..and well one has the Hey Bulldog sequence one doesn't and the other one has maybe something else..I dunno

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 06:30:31 PM »

Yeah, it's all in this scene that they screw with. This is where the stuck in the hey bulldog sequence so they shortened the rich man song. They should just keep it all.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 07:19:44 PM »

So, what happened to all the footage then? Did they burn it like they did with some footage of 'Help!'? Well, we might never know it...

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 12:11:49 AM »

I heard that the UK version had an entirely different ending to the movie then we are used to and the transformation of the blue meanie didn't happen or wasn't as sentimental as the ending that we know.  Also Along with "Hey Bulldog" and the mysterious disapearence of "Baby You're A Rich Man" there is also inserted footage of the Beatles interacting with their Sgt. Pepper counterparts and there are some differences in the "All You Need Is Love" sequence where George has some lines which is not the same voice as the actor who played George in most of the movie since the actor was arrested for desertion of the UK Army during the making of the film so maybe that is why the scenes with his sub in where omitted?

Mr. Kite

Reporter: There's some doubt that you can sing.

John: No we need money first.

The Beatles Press Conference At JFK Airport In 1964
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 01:52:57 AM »

Also, I'm kind of amazed that the film has a verse of "It's All Too Much" that isn't in the album version of the song....

&quot;Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world.&quot;

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 02:02:03 AM »

Really? Funny. I had the album as a kid and it always confused me because it didn't seem to go along with the movie that much. I think they're deliberately trying to mess with our heads!

Mrs.Nicholson

• Getting Better
    • Deranged89
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 02:59:01 AM »

[quote by=Mr._Kite link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1091920572,s=10 date=1092269509]I heard that the UK version had an entirely different ending to the movie then we are used to and the transformation of the blue meanie didn't happen or wasn't as sentimental as the ending that we know.
Jack is a taurus
I am a cancer

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 05:39:27 AM »

I read about the different ending on the Internet Movie Database under the "Alternate Versions" section for Yellow Submarine here is the clip:

"The British release of the movie had a different ending to the American (and subsequent video) release. Apart from different individual scenes, the American ending has a softer and more considerate feel to it, due to the final conversion of the Chief Blue Meanie to Love, Peace and Music; the British version contains no such sentiments."

Can anyone living in the UK veryify that the ending is different or is this just an error?

Mr. Kite

Paul: Look, it's a school of whales.
Ringo: They look a little bit old for school.
Paul: University then.
Ringo: University of whales.
John: They look like drop-outs to me.

[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Mrs.Nicholson

• Getting Better
    • Deranged89
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 04:29:30 PM »

Then it that version he probably wasn't nice at the end

COOL(angel2) Naw just kidding
(devil7)(devil1)(devil4)
Jack is a taurus
I am a cancer

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • (&quot;\(#^_^)/&quot;)
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 08:20:20 PM »

[quote by=queenbluemeanie link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1091920572,s=13 date=1092279541]

:) i heard that too, they say that harday' nights begins wiht them sing this song crap i for got , but yeah i heard they showed in america way different the they did in u.k
Where did you find out about that?

[/quote]

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2004, 07:45:05 PM »

I think the song was 'I'll Cry Instead'. I saw the movie but now I'm downloading it. There was some footage of the movie and 'I'll Cry Instead' was playing in the beginning.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 12:35:34 AM »

[quote by=Soft_Guitar60 link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1091920572,s=17 date=1093203905]I think the song was 'I'll Cry Instead'. I saw the movie but now I'm downloading it. There was some footage of the movie and 'I'll Cry Instead' was playing in the beginning.[/quote]

It's a slightly longer version of I'll Cry Instead too - it has an extra verse! You can find it on the American LP version of A Hard Day's Night.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 03:27:20 AM »

Quote from: 295
Are there any Yellow Submarine deleted scenes?

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 78 queries.