Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Led Zep Audition For New Singer  (Read 2195 times)

BlueMeanie

Led Zep Audition For New Singer
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »

[size=14]Led Zeppelin audition for new singer[/size]

Published: 20 Sep 2008

LED ZEPPELIN frontman ROBERT PLANT is to be given an ultimatum by his bandmates

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Led Zep Audition For New Singer
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »

OMG!!!!!  What's Bob Plant thinking?????  And Jimmy must really be hot to tour.....

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:55:07 PM »

To be fair to Plant, he is committed to touring with Alison Krause. The replacement vocalist is rumoured to be Chris Robinson of The Black Crows. Page should just let it go, you can't have Zep without Plant.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:57:31 PM »

How would Zeppelin fans react to a version of the band without Plant, and would there be much point in touring without him? Is somebody bluffing here? How do the surviving band members get along?  :-/

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:32:41 PM »

^^^^^^^I agree with both of you.  Jimmy ought to just "forget it" and wait for when Bob's available.......

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »

There's no "Led Zep" without a Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham......................at least a Bonham son..........

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Are they to bury themselves if Plant doesn`t join them? Certainly it would be better to tour together, especially for fans, but if he is that hesitant why should the others suffer at his expence? They should live on, move on...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:17:36 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Are they to bury themselves if Plant doesn`t join them? Certainly it would be better to tour together, especially for fans, but if he is that hesitant why should the others suffer at his expence? They should live on, move on...

Zep is nothing without Plant. Plant and Page are Zeppelin, without either one, it's not Zep. If you're happy with Queen and Paul Rogers, fine. But I'm not happy with Zep and Chris Robinson. That's not Zep.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »

Quote from: 483

Zep is nothing without Plant. Plant and Page are Zeppelin, without either one, it's not Zep. If you're happy with Queen and Paul Rogers, fine. But I'm not happy with Zep and Chris Robinson. That's not Zep.

I agree. It would be Jones and Page on tour playing Zeppelin tunes. Thats all.

As for Queen, at least they are billed as Queen with Paul Rogers. That basically tells you what your going to get.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »

^^^^^^^Agree, BlueMeanie.............."Led Zep" is "Page and Plant"......Jones is great, and a "Bonham" in the mix is good too, but..............it's all about Page and Plant...........no subs.............

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

I agree as well: touring without Plant will create a lot of hard feelings all round. Better to just leave it.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »

Again, BlueMeanie, I am not imposing this view. I am asking a question about the rest of the guys and what they should do. I also believe that if they toured without Robert they couldn`t call themseves Led Zeppelin. Cause Robert is here in the musical world. Whereas the situation with Queen is different: Freddie is dead. And the guys want to move on. They are welcome.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

An Apple Beatle, this is very good news! I am happy that they are all together. I adore Led Zeppelin, sometimes i am so heavy into rock or hard rock, just need it. Well, Robert is so old...but Jimmy looks great!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 07:03:09 AM »

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 01:59:01 AM »

Oh my they are stringing it out. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »

Led Zeppelin is going to tour in 2009, but without Robert Plant, since he has flatly turned down the offer and is engaged in a duet with Alison Kraus (if I spell her name correctly). BUT the band is not going to be called LZ, they are going to use another name, because, as they say, there`s no LZ without Robert Plant. Now they are looking for a new vocalist, and there are some options they are considering.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 09:45:29 PM »

These stories are certainly circulating, but I can't tell whether they're anything new or just the old rumors being given one more go-round by the media. This article's a bit more interesting than most, but it's a couple of weeks old:

Led Zep reunion: promoter says no
The band's former promoter has dismissed the much-reported rumour of a reunion tour, saying there is no 'compelling reason' for it to take place
Thursday October 30 / The Guardian

Led Zeppelin's former promoter has warned the band against a reunion tour, questioning whether there is any "compelling reason" to get back together.

"I certainly don't think they should do a big tour because I can't see the point of it," Harvey Goldsmith told a crowd at the MusExpo conference in London this week. "I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it."

Goldsmith has long been associated with Led Zeppelin, promoting gigs in the 70s and 80s as well as their reunion at the O2 last December. Though he said he recognises the value of a tour, any reunion gigs ought to be "cause related". "You've got to want to do it. Otherwise it's done for the wrong reasons, and when things are done for the wrong reasons, they don't work."

"I think that there is an opportunity for them to go out and present themselves," he emphasised. "[But] I don't think a long rambling tour is the answer."

Goldsmith was reacting to recent statements by bassist John Paul Jones, confirming that he, Led Zep guitarist Jimmy Page and John Bonham's son Jason were rehearsing with a view to more live gigs. "It's sounding great and we want to get on and get out there," Jones told BBC Radio Devon.

Singer Robert Plant still refuses to participate however, calling the rumours "frustrating and ridiculous". Jones, Page and Bonham have been exploring possible replacements, with Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy a stand-out.

Goldsmith waved away these plans. "I doubt it will be called Led Zeppelin," he said. Given Robert Plant's stubbornness, a "real" Zeppelin tour simply isn't on the cards. "I just think it's a lot of talk ... It's wishful thinking."

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:24 PM »

I can't imagine Led Zep without Robert Plant, it's almost like The Beatles without Lennon!!  ??)
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 11:28:34 AM »

Why does this band have to be so infuriatingly obstinate?!

Just get back together guys!  One huge tour!  You only live one time in this life!  You won't be able to do this 30 years from now! It's what we all want!  We've been waiting for nearly 30 years!  Get it together people!  Make it happen!

Figure it out and quit p*ssing me off!

Geez!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.476 seconds with 78 queries.