Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Different "Real Love" versions!  (Read 1131 times)

ohyea

• A Beginning
Different "Real Love" versions!
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:10:24 PM »

how versions of this song are their and what albums have they been released on?

I bought the "Working Class Hero" album which has "Real Love" but I also bought the Imagine which plays another version of Real Love at the beginning and end of the movie. Where can this version be found and how many others are there?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: Different "Real Love" versions!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 08:28:02 PM »

"Real Love" is a song originally written and performed as a demo by John Lennon, later re-worked by the three remaining members of The Beatles (Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) in late 1995. The song was released as a Beatles' single in 1996 in the United Kingdom, United States and many other countries; and it was also the opening track on The Beatles' Anthology 2 album. It is the last "new" credited Beatles song to date to originate and be included on an album.

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

Quote from: 483
"Real Love" is a song originally written and performed as a demo by John Lennon, later re-worked by the three remaining members of The Beatles (Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) in late 1995. The song was released as a Beatles' single in 1996 in the United Kingdom, United States and many other countries; and it was also the opening track on The Beatles' Anthology 2 album. It is the last "new" credited Beatles song to date to originate and be included on an album.

thx for the info that i already knew but I was asking how many different versions of the song are their?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »

There are 2 official releases of the song - the acoustic demo released on Imagine: The Soundtrack and the other released as a single by The Beatles during the Anthology series featuring John's piano demo with overdubs by Paul, George and Ringo (the same version also appears on The Beatles Anthology 2). As far as I recall it was not released on the John Lennon Anthology boxset.

There are also various versions available on bootleg featuring John alternating between his piano and acoustic guitar.  

ohyea

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:58:26 PM »

Quote from: 360
There are 2 official releases of the song - the acoustic demo released on Imagine: The Soundtrack and the other released as a single by The Beatles during the Anthology series featuring John's piano demo with overdubs by Paul, George and Ringo (the same version also appears on The Beatles Anthology 2). As far as I recall it was not released on the John Lennon Anthology boxset.

There are also various versions available on bootleg featuring John alternating between his piano and acoustic guitar.  

what about the version on "Working Class Hero: Defenitive Lennon"? is this version different from any of the others released?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »

Quote from: 509

what about the version on "Working Class Hero: Defenitive Lennon"? is this version different from any of the others released?

Sounds like you probably have everything already!

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 40 queries.