Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 200963 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #1440 on: April 28, 2018, 10:07:01 AM »

I took my lads to see Infinity War.  I thought it was quite an achievement really. They had to cram in decent story lines for all the myriad of superheroes in it and let the personalities from previous films come through and pretty much pulled it off. It’s long but didn’t seem that way which I suppose is the mark on an entertaining film.

KelMar

« Reply #1441 on: April 28, 2018, 09:28:31 PM »

I took my lads to see Infinity War.  I thought it was quite an achievement really. They had to cram in decent story lines for all the myriad of superheroes in it and let the personalities from previous films come through and pretty much pulled it off. It’s long but didn’t seem that way which I suppose is the mark on an entertaining film.

I’m glad you and the lads liked it, Moog. They were hyping it up all week over here on Jimmy Kimmel Live. All the guests, with the exception of the music acts at the end, were from the movie so I figured it was going to be an extravaganza.

BeatleChick

• A Beginning
« Reply #1442 on: May 03, 2018, 05:31:12 AM »

Just saw Dr Zhivago in the theater. I've seen it several times before, and loved it this time, as I always do. It was great seeing it on the big screen at long last... beautiful movie.
Peace, Love, and Beatles!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #1443 on: August 28, 2018, 03:55:08 AM »

Midnight Cowboy

https://youtu.be/9lb5LdJ7cLc

You know what you can do with them dishes. And if you ain't man enough to do it for yourself, I'd be happy to oblige. I really would.

https://youtu.be/_Z-tCU-sULA

Get outta here...c'mon, buncha creeps...go to work.

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: September 07, 2018, 03:14:19 AM »

My Fair Lady

https://youtu.be/q5fW7sERw7I
Marni Nixon singing

https://youtu.be/Cl4V700ejTI
Audrey Hepburn's vocal

<sigh>

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1445 on: September 07, 2018, 08:47:58 PM »

My Fair Lady

That's my father's favorite movie! I myself have never seen it, although I have seen Pygmalion.

I saw A Quiet Place the other day. Huge letdown. I think I bought into all the hype and was expecting something more.

KelMar

« Reply #1446 on: September 07, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

That's my father's favorite movie! I myself have never seen it, although I have seen Pygmalion.

At first I read that as “That’s my favorite movie”. And I was perfectly willing to accept that as your favorite movie, even if you have never seen it.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1447 on: September 08, 2018, 01:27:15 AM »

At first I read that as “That’s my favorite movie”. And I was perfectly willing to accept that as your favorite movie, even if you have never seen it.  :)

Thanks, Kelley.  ;D  I really should watch it; it's such a classic.

KelMar

« Reply #1448 on: September 08, 2018, 01:48:54 AM »

Thanks, Kelley.  ;D  I really should watch it; it's such a classic.

Do you find it hard to make time for watching movies? I do. I have a list as long as my arm that I want to watch but I always feel like I should be doing something else. Sigh...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1449 on: September 08, 2018, 03:58:33 AM »

Audrey Hepburn <sigh>

In her first starring film performance in Roman Holiday (1953), she received the Academy Award for Best Actress, the BAFTA Award for Best British Actress, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama.  Actress, model, dancer and humanitarian, Audrey Hepburn was very special.

I love this scene from Roman Holiday where Gregory Peck pulls this gag on the young unsuspecting actress.  Watch her reaction when Gregory Peck pulls his arm out of The Mouth of Truth...

https://youtu.be/6af1dAc9rXo

William Wyler put it in the film unedited.  It was quite in keeping with her role as Princess Ann.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #1450 on: September 09, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »

Top Gun wasn't bad

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #1451 on: September 14, 2018, 11:39:18 PM »

UFO:  not super exciting but gives you an idea of how the U.S. Govt might realistically act in the event of a real UFO possibly attempting to make contact with Earth.  However, the movie ends without any answers - it just leaves you scratching your head. 
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #1452 on: September 15, 2018, 02:20:39 PM »

In my Life:  I can relate to your statement:

Do you find it hard to make time for watching movies? I do. I have a list as long as my arm that I want to watch but I always feel like I should be doing something else. Sigh..

There must be a billion movies throughout the world and more being made every minute, every hour, every day, etc.

So what do you take out the time for to watch without wasting that precious time?  For example, I watched one of the Jurassic Park sequels recently.  It was fun but also felt like a non-productive waste  of time.  If they ever bring dinosaurs back to life, I don't think it'll be like anything in the movie.  All that drama plus super-intelligent monsters - I don't think so.  Also, who's gonna pay their food bills?
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #1453 on: September 15, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »

If I didnt watch them at work on certain sites, I would probably never see any movies.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1454 on: September 16, 2018, 11:19:59 PM »

I just saw Searching, and I thought it was fantastic, by far the best movie I've seen in a long time.

Plus we saw the trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody, and I am counting the days 'til its release. I just wish my older daughter were here so we could see it together. She and I are really the Queen fans; my younger daughter and son are just sort of "meh."  >:(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:26:13 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #1455 on: September 16, 2018, 11:28:19 PM »

Do you find it hard to make time for watching movies? I do. I have a list as long as my arm that I want to watch but I always feel like I should be doing something else. Sigh...

Oh, I missed this! Yes, I do find it hard to find the time to watch movies. There are so many I want to see but, like you, I always feel like there's something more pressing that I should be doing.  :-\

KelMar

« Reply #1456 on: September 17, 2018, 05:10:54 AM »

Oh, I missed this! Yes, I do find it hard to find the time to watch movies. There are so many I want to see but, like you, I always feel like there's something more pressing that I should be doing.  :-\

No worries! I was hoping you were going to say, “Oh no, I make time for movies on a regular basis and here’s how...” LOL I always figured when my kids were grown I would but I guess it’s hard to let go of that mentality.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1457 on: September 30, 2018, 04:31:34 AM »

I never pass up the chance to watch Flashdance when it's on cable as it is right now.  I'm taken by Jeanie's ice skating scene...

https://youtu.be/v_rCu1-HbTo

Good song that Gloria...

https://youtu.be/UXV9cZYZhYM

It's a sad coincidence that Sunny Johnson and Laura Branigan both succumbed to undiagnosed brain aneurysms.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #1458 on: September 30, 2018, 11:31:06 PM »

George produced some really good films.

Im watching one now. Withnail And I
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #1459 on: October 03, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »

Just finished watching a 1994 movie, "The Client" starring Susan Sarandon (who won a BAFTA and was nominated for an Acadamy Award for this) and Tommy Lee Jones. Fast-paced thriller in which two young boys learn some dangerous information when they witness a high profile suicide which puts the mob and the FBI hot on their trail. Based on John Grisham's novel it became increasingly far-fetched. It was OK but by the climax I was left feeling that I'd sat through a two hour "Scooby Doo" style adventure... I kept half expecting the gangsters to snarl "We'd have gotten away with this too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!"
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 107

Page created in 1.911 seconds with 82 queries.