Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Bar Just Got Raised!  (Read 5768 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re: The Bar Just Got Raised!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 11:40:05 AM »

Actually Sandra if you haven't seen this band "Live" and I'm sure you probebly haven't you should watch their "Wembly" concert to see just what all the crazyness is about with "Oasis". The big deal with this band is they broke all the rules, beat all the odds and became the biggest band in the "UK"! Stopping just short of the Beatles! They have the ability to play acoustic ballads plus rock/pop songs of epic proportions! I'm enamoured with their music and find the lads quite funny sometimes.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 01:33:19 PM »

You want to compare Kansas and Oasis? Ok! First of all, Kansas as musicians would be doing the 'curb kicking'. There is not one person in Oasis that is more proficient on their instrument than Kansas. Not one. When Oasis can come even remotely close to releasing an album that is as good as the masterpieces 'Leftoverture' and 'Point Of No Return', then I might take your opinions seriously. You also stated that there is no hope for me, and then you compare 'Dust In The Wind' (I hate this song, but still,,) and Oasis. When Oasis has a song that is readily played on the radio for the next 30 years, again I might take you seriously. Finally, you just stated that Oasis,,,"stopping just short of the Beatles",,,,. I dont know what to say. I see that i've been talking to somebody that rides the short bus and i'll never be able to take you seriously.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 01:37:52 PM »

And Sandra calls Kansas' music corny. They are a prog band. Sometimes people dont enjoy what they dont understand. Its complex music and I know how you feel because i'm not much into classical or jazz, but I understand how musically gifted they were regardless.

3 to 5 chord pop tunes are easy to digest.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 04:35:26 PM »

Short bus......lmao! I got stick with Tk on this. Oasis coud'nt carry Kansas's jock strap musically. Howvever TK, Springsteen and The Beach Boys too? By the way its not an American thing, we had Oasis in the form of a band called The Black Crowes year before Oasis. They too were a mediocre band formed by two brothers that fought and abused drugs and booze before the Brothers from across the pond made it fashionable.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 10:33:35 PM »

Rickenbacker325 if you think "Oasis" even remotley resemble "Black Crows" your the one riding a "Short Bus" prehaps even a magic one! The only thing that Oasis has in common with the Black Crows is they toured together and I'm sure that's why you think they sound the same? As for Kasnas droning on for 30 years with "Dust In The Wind"  Oasis has only been around for 10 years, but you will still be hearing "WonderWall" in another 20 years! You may have seen the poll that voted "WONDERWALL" the all time best song in the UK! Just stopping short of the Beatles was in reference to the "POPULARITY" of "OASIS" in the UK. The Beatles are the greatest band of all time! In closing "Noel" has written better songs that Kansas ever will. I don't expect you to even be aware of 10% of Oasis songs! Try to find "Idler's Dream" if you want to hear what Noel can write!

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 10:42:12 PM »

Actually "OASIS" just released a cd that is probebly the best written "ROCK/POP" cd available at this time! Noel's just as good of a guitarist as any members of "Kansas" When they write a song that comes anywhere close to "Live Forever" or "Don't Look Back In Anger" I'll be glad to agree with you.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2005, 03:53:15 AM »

Ok you want make this personal noodle d!ck thats what we'll do. Oasis is the most overated Beatle wanna be band to come down the pike and history will show that. By the way just what did this incredible band to end all bands latest lp do?, not as great in the charts as you would like to think. I was going to concerts and seeing not to mention interviewing several of the bands like and including Kansas when your were still running around in wet pants. So my guess is you would not know a great band if ran up

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2005, 05:11:51 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
And Sandra calls Kansas' music corny. They are a prog band. Sometimes people dont enjoy what they dont understand. Its complex music and I know how you feel because i'm not much into classical or jazz, but I understand how musically gifted they were regardless.

3 to 5 chord pop tunes are easy to digest.

What the? So now you're saying to me exactly what this guy said to you? I don't believe it. Do I need a degree to 'understand' Kansas' music? How insulting. And you know me well enough to imply I can only comprehend and enjoy simple pop songs. Maybe I'm just not into Kansas. That's possible you know.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2005, 11:56:21 AM »

Quote from: apple_sauce

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 01:41:31 AM »

To Mr. Rickenbacker You may have interviewed a "few" bands in your time, but there is no way on "God's Green Earth " that you have been to more concerts and seen more bands than I have. I'm up to 205 and counting! You'd have to be about 65 for that "wet pant" comment to have any validity which I doubt! Obviously you have never listened to most of the songs "Oasis" have written because your still stuck on the whole "Beatle" thing about them. If you ever read UK music magazines you would have seen that your so called "Blunderwall" was voted the best song of all time in the Uk where quality music is still made! In closing you must have some good taste in music your on a beatle site! Some of the biggest music journalists presently writing articles have some of the most slanted, insane thoughts on present day music so you are indeed in good company.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2005, 01:44:54 AM »

"Tkitna" you have never even heard "WONDERWALL?????????????" Nice joke my friend I haven't laughed out loud while reading a post for weeks!!!!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2005, 02:03:52 AM »

Anybody ever tell you to lay off the crack man?  You seem really way too enthusiastic.

But check this out.  I like Oasis, and I like Kansas.  I disagree that Oasis is amazing to the extent you claim Applesauce, but they do have some very good songs, and I'm sure that "Wonderwall" will be playing in 20 years, its very popular with teenagers.  But I don't think theyve ever made an album that can compare to the brilliance of Leftoverture.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 03:21:56 AM »

Well I guess that you haven't listened to their new cd "Don't Believe The Truth"! Because it just might be the best cd "Oasis" has ever made and quite possibly the best music presently available out there!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 04:31:10 AM »

"Tkitna" you have never even heard "WONDERWALL?????????????" Nice joke my friend I haven't laughed out loud while reading a post for weeks!!!!

No man, i'm serious. I probably have heard it, but dont or didnt know who it was. I actualy have two Oasis cd's that my buddy bought and didnt like and he gave them to me. I've tried, but they do nothing for me. As a matter of fact, i'll trade them to anybody that wants to trade if the other cd's are decent and I dont already have them.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 04:53:30 AM »

To Mr. Rickenbacker You may have interviewed a "few" bands in your time, but there is no way on "God's Green Earth " that you have been to more concerts and seen more bands than I have. I'm up to 205 and counting! You'd have to be about 65 for that "wet pant" comment to have any validity which I doubt! Obviously you have never listened to most of the songs "Oasis" have written because your still stuck on the whole "Beatle" thing about them. If you ever read UK music magazines you would have seen that your so called "Blunderwall" was voted the best song of all time in the Uk where quality music is still made! In closing you must have some good taste in music your on a beatle site! Some of the biggest music journalists presently writing articles have some of the most slanted, insane thoughts on present day music so you are indeed in good company.

LMAO!!!! A "few" bands? ok what ever you think. By the way I passed 205 in Late 1991. As for the wet pants comment, all I had to go on was the child like postings you have made about how Oasis is the second comming. So you are older, act like it.   I said Oasis was like the Black Crowes because they are! Oasis - A Beatle knock off band and the Black crowes- A southern soul rip off band and neither one is very good at it, and the similarities between both sets of brothers is phucking scary not to mention both are mediocre at best. We can't help it if your little poll in the Uk asked all the 12 year olds what they like, those sentiments are not  shared here in the States. As for the state of present day rock music, it blows pole! There are very few bands worth 2 cents. Remember I did'nt say I did'nt like some of Oasis music I just don't loose control of my bodily functions like you do over them, but you maybe right, they maybe the best........................of the worst, that is.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 05:45:13 AM »

Quote from: RICKENBACKER325

As for the state of present day rock music, it blows pole!

LOL!!!! This might be funnier than Noel being a better guitar player than Richard Williams, Kerry Livgren, or Steve Morse.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 11:45:25 AM »

Well congratulations you passed 205 concerts back in 1991 impressive! Unfortunatley it seems none of the bands you actually saw has improved your ability to realize true talent when it concerns a band like "Oasis"! You are void of any "objectivity" if you think "OASIS" and those nontalented losers from the South called the Black Crows are the same! Save the "mediocre" comment for all the bands from your country because as we all know the bands that have the most talent come from the Uk anyways!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2005, 11:51:21 AM »

^ I know this ain't my fight, but you're starting to get embarrassing. Please note - not all Brits think like this. Beach Boys, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, The Pixies - some of the most influential bands ever (and no doubt a sh*t lot more).

Though I do love Oasis.
don't follow leaders

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2005, 03:43:56 PM »

Well congratulations you passed 205 concerts back in 1991 impressive! Unfortunatley it seems none of the bands you actually saw has improved your ability to realize true talent when it concerns a band like "Oasis"! You are void of any "objectivity" if you think "OASIS" and those nontalented losers from the South called the Black Crows are the same! Save the "mediocre" comment for all the bands from your country because as we all know the bands that have the most talent come from the Uk anyways!

Ok If we promise to give your pacifier back will you stop crying?  ::) Yep folks the good Ol' UK invented rock and roll  by blessing us with ........(gasp!).............(are you ready for this?)...........oasis. Your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance. To which you keep confirming with each post.

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 03:54:47 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
^ I know this ain't my fight, but you're starting to get embarrassing. Please note - not all Brits think like this. Beach Boys, Velvet Underground, The Stooges, The Pixies - some of the most influential bands ever (and no doubt a sh*t lot more).

Though I do love Oasis.

We know Kevin that not all Brits think this way. Apple sauce is just starving for attention. There are Great bands from both sides of the pond, hence that's why we are on this Beatles board together. I did say I liked some of Oasis songs however few and far apart they maybe, but for Apple sauce try to convince us they are the greatest thing since "sliced bread" is absurd. You did mention some truly great bands. The Beach boys will always be one of my favorites. So cheers to you (Rickenbacker raise's his glass of guinness) And the rest of the UK rock and roll bretheren!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.986 seconds with 82 queries.